Sign in to follow this  
Nimdalia

Can Deed and Tower Guards kill a White Dragon?

Hi,

i just got the mesasge about the venerable white dragon who has spawned.

unfortunatly my chars cant even kill a spider, so i am feeling a bit unconfortable on my deed ;) 

On the other hand, i have some hired defenses for my home, 3 tower guards, and 1 deed guard so far, and i am wondering, if these were able to keep this dragon off me, in case he gets hungry?

I could hire a few more deed guards for a while i guess, would this make a difference?

Dragons get ignored by spirit and tower guards unfortunately. And even if not they would die in a matter of seconds.

oops, this sounds not good, thanks for the info though 

is there a server setting by chance, to deactivate uniques?

Aye, at least not anymore. Deed and tower guards ignore uniques after players used them in the past too much.

Not sure how many guards would be required nowadays.

The message means it spawned someplace on the server, even on a fairly small server the odds are somewhat small it will ever come visit your deed. (We just had a blue hatchling on our 1024x1024 family server, which terrorized my kids :PThe message -- not the dragon. We haven't seen the dragon yet.)

Are you the server admin? You could have the option of deleting it from database or wizkilling as a GM, but I think the best is to consider it akin to the everquest sand giants -- impossible monsters that you flee from and stay out of their way

However it is good if people can mark on the map where it was last seen so people know to be wary i that region -- like rumors of a dragon in the hills in some fantasy story. I don't think they wander THAT far unless deliberately lured, but I could be mistaken.

Pretend it has a lair in that area, and stay away. Mark it on maps as a danger zone.  Here Be Dragons.  If you simply delete it, you'll be missing out what could be memories to last a lifetime. 

14779_400x400.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

not so easy to breed an army of trolls, nor keeping the favor up for chain dominating in fight, furthermore pets were nerfed, so i doubt that would be a valid option for me, 

sand giants never had a chance to waste my home in gf though ;)

i think wizkill is the way for me, thanks for the help though :)

makes you wonder when WU is supposed to be played alone (see bridgebuilding changes) maybe you can solo a white dragon with nearly maxed FS and armor. I eman how else would someone on soloplay ever get rid of one?

Easy just Admin move or delete them or invite a bunch of friends to take them down

Love the EQ sand giants reference as I remember running in absolute fear from them :)

LOL Do yourself a favor. Don't run through a house to try to lose it. It can run through it too, only it doesn't use the doors. 

EDIT: If the AI thinks it is trapped, it will break down house walls/fences to free itself.

Edited by Audrel

On 21.11.2015 14:39:21, Brash_Endeavors said:

The message means it spawned someplace on the server, even on a fairly small server the odds are somewhat small it will ever come visit your deed. (We just had a blue hatchling on our 1024x1024 family server, which terrorized my kids :PThe message -- not the dragon. We haven't seen the dragon yet.)

Are you the server admin? You could have the option of deleting it from database or wizkilling as a GM, but I think the best is to consider it akin to the everquest sand giants -- impossible monsters that you flee from and stay out of their way

However it is good if people can mark on the map where it was last seen so people know to be wary i that region -- like rumors of a dragon in the hills in some fantasy story. I don't think they wander THAT far unless deliberately lured, but I could be mistaken.

Pretend it has a lair in that area, and stay away. Mark it on maps as a danger zone.  Here Be Dragons.  If you simply delete it, you'll be missing out what could be memories to last a lifetime. 

14779_400x400.jpg

For a single player the chances may be small but there will be playrs here or there havign this issue. We happily sailed yesterday ot the worgmaster mission location as suddnely from a small island we got flanked by the green hatchling. And it ate us due to wind having been so low we couldn't escape form it in any direction.

A single player using WU for singleplayermode will simply never have a chance to take it down.