Sign in to follow this  
Josh

Undo forum change

I mean come on. Its absolutely awful. The other one was perfectly fine and there was no reason to change it at all. 

• Like 1

dont forget to check your email for all the lovely new emails we get now >.>

Capture.JPG

With the new version comes soooooo many new features. There are plans to change the color scheme, but that'll take a bit.

uh... did someone forget to apply the template for the forum...?

(if this is supposed to be the final version, then thats a joke)

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

The people who want the old version sound like all the people that still want to use windows 98, there was nothing wrong with it why upgrade? lol

• Like 3

please go back to the old forum version. I still think this is horrible. This is like the kindergarten version of the forums

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yashua said:

The people who want the old version sound like all the people that still want to use windows 98, there was nothing wrong with it why upgrade? lol

If this was an upgrade id hate to see a downgrade

• Like 2

I'll give it a shot and see how it goes after the template is enacted.

12 minutes ago, wipeout said:

dont forget to check your email for all the lovely new emails we get now >.>

Capture.JPG

Just turn off the mail notifications in your Profile

3 minutes ago, solmark said:

Just turn off the mail notifications in your Profile

best part is there wasnt an mail notifications for new content posted just for content you subscribed to and so forth >.> its the first thing i did when i saw them starting to pop up

For those who are complaining about this new forum update, let it go..

It's a new update, with new features and more work to be done on it yet.

Updating the forums, is like updating features in Wurm. Does anything in-game come out 100% complete and bug-free? No, of course not. The forums I'm sure are still being worked on, and fine-tuned.

Personally I like the update, and am eager to see what kind of changes are in-store for it when they get closer to finishing the update for it.

"It was fine" is never a good reason to not try something new or add something. If that were the case, we'd still have nothing but Wild GREY horses, only white sheep or probably no sheep at all, and we wouldn't have gotten "plain stone walls" or multistories (which means no bridges either). The game was fine before, why change it? Right? :P

Give it more than a few hours to actually give it a try. It looks different, it feels a little different, but it still functions the same.

Don't turn it down simply because it's new/different.

• Like 3

Im not turning it down because its different. Im turning it down because it looks like something a 2 year old came up with

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Im not turning it down because its different. Im turning it down because it looks like something a 2 year old came up with

Because it's incomplete?

Because it's not finished in it's updated features and doesn't exactly have a theme?

When you look at this layout, it's actually a fairly common layout to a lot of other forums out there. Don't "hate it" because it's simple right now. It's not finished.

I'm already a fan of the "someone replied" to the thread feature, when I'm still looking at the thread itself! It's something I've always hoped for in Forums, but haven't seen it implemented. Instead you'd have to continue to refresh or check back again later. XD

Edited by Zera
Added +1 (I like this) to post

yeah old forum was alot better as this new one i think :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zera said:

For those who are complaining about this new forum update, let it go..

It's a new update, with new features and more work to be done on it yet.

Updating the forums, is like updating features in Wurm. Does anything in-game come out 100% complete and bug-free? No, of course not. The forums I'm sure are still being worked on, and fine-tuned.

Personally I like the update, and am eager to see what kind of changes are in-store for it when they get closer to finishing the update for it.

"It was fine" is never a good reason to not try something new or add something. If that were the case, we'd still have nothing but Wild GREY horses, only white sheep or probably no sheep at all, and we wouldn't have gotten "plain stone walls" or multistories (which means no bridges either). The game was fine before, why change it? Right? :P

Give it more than a few hours to actually give it a try. It looks different, it feels a little different, but it still functions the same.

Don't turn it down simply because it's new/different.

Lol. I agree. I wish the settings were customize-able with one minimalist default style.

It's new and different, and one thing I've learned in my years playing Wurm, Wurmians mostly love change, but the loudest and most vocal group is the one inhabited by those who resist change.

It'll settle down, and in a month it'll be something new to hate because it's new and different.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Takinshi said:

Lol. I agree. I wish the settings were customize-able with one minimalist default style.

These are the kinds of posts that we need to see. Not "change it back!".

Feedback is important, but it's only helpful when it's informative. "i don't like it" doesn't tell anyone what you don't like about it, or how to improve it.

Customize-able settings, with a minimal default? I think personally that's reasonable and would be smart for 'starting' settings and users can edit as they like. Rather than being bombarded with loads of notices or something, of things they may not exactly want to see. :P

Maybe they're still working on the settings part of the forums as well. I made a brief skim of the options but I cannot say that it was too overly clear on what I glanced at and found myself questioning what some things were exactly, how they effected other things, or why there didn't seem to be choices for other settings that weren't there at all.
But then again, this is still only a max of a couple hours old(live) and I haven't had too much chance to explore the basic setup just yet.

There is some unresponsive script that slows down the forum, happened couple of times, and the colors are awfull indeed.

2 minutes ago, www said:

There is some unresponsive script that slows down the forum, happened couple of times, and the colors are awfull indeed.

Remember, it's not complete. They're still working out all the bugs, the theme/scheme of it and a few other features I'm sure.

Think of what you're seeing, as a Pre-Release (beta test) if you will. Like the Test Servers, except they've felt it ready enough to try in a live setting to really figure out what needs to fixed, edited, added, removed, adjusted and so on.

I'm sure there is somewhere that you can post where and when these 'forum lag' moments occur so that maybe they can figure out what's going wrong and how to improve it.

Standard wurm, Release something.... we are not finished yet, its a beta!  Are we wurm 1 yet?

1 minute ago, JockII said:

Standard wurm, Release something.... we are not finished yet, its a beta!  Are we wurm 1 yet?

Wurm is not some fancy company releasing a highly invested in, game. It's a small group of people putting out a game for others to enjoy.

The resources to test, retest and make sure is functioning 100% isn't exactly possible until it actually gets released.

It's the same case with large game companies who release MMO's too. They'll update/release features, find bugs or things they've missed or didnt' quite complete properly and go back in later to update/fix it.

Personally I think there could be a little more 'thanks!' going around than there is complaining about the efforts made by the team to improve things.

Grief gets no one, anywhere. Complaints get no one, anywhere. So why is there so much of this time wasted on these things?

The forums was due for an update, I'm not going to say they weren't. There seems to be an awful lot of ungratefulness looming about with certain folks, and I cannot help but think that's because a lot of people are so used to fine polished AAA games with loads of money behind them.

The chance to experience the transition between old, in progress and new should be seen as something exciting! Not 'typical'. To look back at what was once, to what it had to be inbetween and what it will/does become in the end is something nice to think about.

It can put into perspective just how much things change/improve and just how much work goes into these kinds of things.

I just see a bunch of empty squares all around, probably people using other browsers don't have this issue, but I rater stop using the forums that switch my browser just because someone decided to trow a bunch of incompatible crap.