Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

New Forum Version Discussion (Rage..) Thread!

checking date ... no, it is not 1st april today, so why?

old forum was not perfect, but it was fine ...

this new one is confusing and messy ... sorry but -1

return it back and we will not talk about it anymore

• Like 1

The reason they put a new forum specific thread is so they can ignore everything you say. Might as well save your breath, this crappy forum is here to stay. 

• Like 3

Agreed.  But since I'm in the mood to vent a bit more about this eyesore, thought I'd add to my other comments........

Ditch the infantile Popular Contributors thing on the right and give us back the Server Status.  Are we turning into some kind of popularity contest now?

And whereas with the old forum, we at least had a minimal pita way to filter out the WU stuff, now it's impossible.  Was that by design?

Edited by Amadee
spelling
  • Like 2

The forum seriously needs to go back to being a fixed width, I hate full width forums. :(

wtf is this crap guys?  what happend with our nice forum?   are we in 1998 again?

crap cant even read that anymore... bye WO forums for me lol

Hi,

I don't understand you ppl complaining.

The last forum was complete and absolute crap *). Made by the most mental disturbed imps from hell, obviously. The one before wasn't the best, too, but still light years ahead ...

This new one looks a lot more promising, and when the admins will have ironed out the initial problems, when the necessary add-ons will be installed it might make a quite good forum.

And you're whining about the skin? You care about the skin in a forum and instead accept crucial bugs in the editing?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvn0wLn2iHtdjKMoNRhUt

I don't understand you ppl complaining.

This is far from perfect now, but yet a lot better then the crap we had before. With a little work, and constructive help from the community, this could become a really nice forum, IMHO.

To be constructive, I'd love to see:

• adjustable skins for the visually orientated crowd, obviously they can't live without
  • ability to store pictures in a user-specific gallery, without need to use imgur or such
  • the ability to save drafts, and maybe still a raw editor
  • {to be found out, I'm not this forum warrior ...}

All in all, I regard the new forum as big step ahead, I want to give kudos to those that selected it, and I'd love to see it pimped over the time until we're back to where we once were, at least!

So, +1 from me. God job, guys & girls, and now improve it!

And you ppl complaining, plz realize that what we had before was ways more of a mess. We couldn't get worse, and if it takes some time to restore your beloved medieval skin, is it asked too much to have a few days of patience? (I use forums only with "background colors disabled", I want to avoid eye cancer ...)

So relax, and have a good time!

*) Alone the shitty "fixed window width" - ever tried to read the forum on a device that has only 800 in horizontal? What maniac would code such today?

PS: I had to change my SIG now ...

Since I'll change it anyway, here's the backup:

Guess I was wrong ... (I bet, we get a Code split between PvP and PvE, before we get a functional forum software ...)

• Like 3

This is completely unreadable at work.  It is definitely now backwards compatibale.  Every single topic takes half the page.  The colors that you have chosen do not work on a bright background which most people run.  Also unable to access any settings or post topics from an older browser that are still prevalent.  WHY THE CHANGE.... No one was asking for it.

Did they remove friend list?!?!?! that means war if they did

Just noticed youtube embeeding is removed

That feature alone was worth 20 times more than any of the new functionality added.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

Just noticed youtube embeeding is removed

That feature alone was worth 20 times more than any of the new functionality added.

This makes me sad too :(

Also is there a way to "remove all formatting" as often when you paste from some other source it pastes in a lot of junk formatting -OR- I just want a quick way tp revert back to plain text of normal size/color/font etc

I would also like the server status list back. It allowed us to see at a glance the health and upstatus of all the WO servers and I am not sure why it would be removed. 

Otherwise I am getting quite used to the new forums and like them fine but there are a few little issues I'd still like tweaked.

Most everything in Xandra's list, I agree with too

3 hours ago, Xandra said:

To be constructive, I'd love to see:

• adjustable skins for the visually orientated crowd, obviously they can't live without
  • ability to store pictures in a user-specific gallery, without need to use imgur or such
  • the ability to save drafts, and maybe still a raw editor
  • {to be found out, I'm not this forum warrior ...}

All in all, I regard the new forum as big step ahead, I want to give kudos to those that selected it, and I'd love to see it pimped over the time until we're back to where we once were, at least!

So, +1 from me. God job, guys & girls, and now improve it!

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Ok as I said earlier, this is a very standard, common, widely used basic forums' software/code, seen it all over the bloody place.

Here is the first time I'm seeing problems like "unreadable", "takes up half the screen", and such.

Saying that's happening to you won't help either staff fix the forums themselves or other players help you find the bad setting on your PC.

Here's how you turn a whine into feedback:

Describe the problem in detail, DrPox has the right idea.

**** What OS ****

**** What browser ****

**** What resolution ****

For example here, Chrome and Firefox, both on Kubuntu 14.04 and Win 8.1 works like an absolute charm at 1024x768.

Question maybe its a simple fix other then the basics of the color brightness the only thing that bugs me is when i use to read topics on the forums via my phone it would remember were i left off but not each time i enter the topic it starts back at the first post and i have to jump to the end and sometimes then back a page or two to get back to were i stopped reading. Is that no longer an option or do i need to check something somewhere?

• Like 4

I am pretty happy right now with the new tables system.

I've completely revamped my shop to be more searchable - and more importantly to me, much easier to count (using spreadsheet sorting) and to update (abusing copy and paste). Now everything I do is done on Google Spreadsheets, and then copied onto the forums every update.

It took me thirty minutes to redo the whole store again from scratch, doing work that would've taken me five hours before. The main reason is now I have all of my enchantments pre-typed/colored and priced. It's a simple copy and paste job now.

Spoiler

iAXSaje.jpg

Edited by Dairuka
The bad part now? The images no longer automatically resize with a left click. You'll have to right click and choose "View Image" to see that screenshot properly.

Would love a way to get back to the old site, tbh. Was a lot easier to read and navigate.

Is there a way to REMOVE the annoying popup window in the down right corner ? I have tried settinngs and it still turn up insted of doing the email thing it says it will do.

Id rather see that i can turn off that feature completly as i dont even want a email with what have happend in the threads.

Account settings > Notification Settings

You can tune your settings there.

On chrome, to remove the popup, go to the icon to the left of the URL in the address bar and click it. At the bottom is your notification settings.

The mail section after today's down time is a bit unbalanced? I'm not sure how else to explain it not sure if that was intended or a opps

I really think the new "popular contributors" should be removed there has already been one player using his alt accounts to up his score to get more likes seems like something we don't need at all. 

Edit: I wanted to say that yes i am kind of proud of all of my likes but i don't need to be on some kind of list to show them off all that does it make the attention seekers use alts to up their like scores. (at least we earned ours) 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

Are we ever going to get to use the "settings" and "content" choices on the drop-down when we click our avatar in the upper right corner?????  It is still greyed out.

Are these two things category headers?  If so it's not obvious to me.  Looks like greyed out options. 

I've asked twice what this is.  Still no answer. Is it something just not activated yet, or if it's just me & I should be looking at my browser, or if it's something not intended to ever be used (category?), or if it's something broken that nobody can figure out how to fix,....or....or....or.....or what??? 

Edited by Amadee

well the new forums were launched on saturday... its now wednesday... the template still look like crap.

• Like 1

theres something about the color combo that doesnt do it for me. somewhere its clashing.

?w=738

its really crap. Visual Design is a big -1. If you need help, just ask