Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

New Forum Version Discussion (Rage..) Thread!

6 hours ago, Zekezor said:

Lel. 10/10, best forum.

SNIP! OMG IT was replicating. EDITED THE VIDEO OUT. :lol:

LOL This is exactly something I dislike. This music is playing over my NetFlix and I didn't start it. It started itself. Jessica Jones people!! Don't interrupt her! LOL

Edited by Audrel

still getting the dreaded timeouts at certain times of day, every other site works fine

OTD6iWa.jpg

Hello Dev-Team,

the blue-color from the forum doesnt work well with the wurm-logo! eventually you should use the colorpicker on the wurm-logo for re-coloring the forum.

13 hours ago, Jberg said:

I like tables.

I for one, will give you guys the time you need to get this done right.

Because, tables are important.

• Like 1

Something like this should never have been released live....it's totally unprofessional.

The forum doesn't match the front page...or anything else at all.

Makes it look like the whole thing is being run by a bunch of amateurs.

Oh wait.....

• Like 2

Spoiler
Dairukao Spell Cast Item Cast On Item QL Result Dairukao Spell Cast Item Cast On Item QL Result Dairukai Spell Cast Item Cast On Item QL
Recasts Wind of Ages Hatchet, Iron 1ql Below 70 Fresh Casts Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 7.05ql Below 70 91.73 Chan Circle of Cunning Spindle, Oakenwood 13.42ql
90.33 Chan Wind of Ages Hatchet, Iron 1ql 79 90.33 Chan Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.87ql Below 70 35.36 SD Circle of Cunning Spindle, Oakenwood 13.42ql
25.29 SD Wind of Ages Hatchet, Iron 4.57ql Below 70 25.29 SD Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 8.56ql Below 70 30% Faith Bon Circle of Cunning Spindle, Oakenwood 12.35ql
0% Faith Bon Wind of Ages Hatchet, Iron 4.57ql Below 70 0% Faith Bon Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.86ql Below 70 100 Alignment Circle of Cunning Spindle, Oakenwood 14.45ql
100 Alignment Wind of Ages Trowel, Iron 3.87ql Below 70 100 Alignment Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.54ql Below 70 99% Nutrition Circle of Cunning Spindle, Oakenwood 14.45ql
99% Nutrition Wind of Ages Trowel, Iron 3.87ql Below 70 99% Nutrition Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 7.30ql Below 70 No Batteries Circle of Cunning Spindle, Oakenwood 14.45ql
1 Battery Wind of Ages Trowel, Iron 3.87ql Below 70 1 Battery Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 8.83ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning Spindle, Oakenwood 14.45ql
Nahjocheese Wind of Ages Trowel, Iron 3.87ql Below 70 Nahjocheese Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 6.36ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning Spindle, Oakenwood 14.45ql
47.955 Chan Wind of Ages Trowel, Iron 3.87ql Below 70 47.955 Chan Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 8.11ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning Spindle, Oakenwood 14.45ql
22.03 SD Wind of Ages Trowel, Iron 3.85ql Below 70 22.03 SD Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.87ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning Spindle, Oakenwood 14.45ql
0% Faith Bon Wind of Ages Trowel, Iron 3.85ql Below 70 0% Faith Bon Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.88ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning Hammer, Iron 20.75ql
100 Alignment Wind of Ages Trowel, Iron 3.85ql Below 70 100 Alignment Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 6.76ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning Hammer, Iron 19.55ql
99% Nutrition Wind of Ages Trowel, Iron 3.85ql Below 70 99% Nutrition Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 4.32ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning Hammer, Iron 20.14ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 7.05ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 18.77ql 70   Circle of Cunning Hammer, Iron 20.14ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.85ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 18.69ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning Hammer, Iron 19.44ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 6.36ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 22.93ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning Hammer, Iron 19.44ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 8.11ql 72   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 8.85ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning Hammer, Iron 19.44ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.87ql 74   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 23.12ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning Hammer, Iron 19.55ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.80ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 19.33ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.54ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 26.66ql 72   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.85ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 19.16ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.85ql Shattered   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 18.91ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.80ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 19.67ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 8.82ql Damaged   Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.82ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 8.82ql 73   Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.45ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.45ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.81ql Shattered   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.45ql 79   Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.81ql 96   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.53ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.33ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.82ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 19.39ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 3.82ql 77   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 19.67ql 73   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 8.56ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 25.21ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 8.56ql 88   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 24.19ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 7.30ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 18.98ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 7.30ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 19.45ql 75   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 7.30ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 19.42ql 73   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 7.30ql 76   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 18.88ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 6.36ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 19.17ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 4.32ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 19.23ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Stone Chisel, Iron 4.32ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 18.99ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 18.74ql 75   Wind of Ages Horse Shoe, Iron 18.74ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Hatchet, Iron 4.49ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Hatchet, Iron 4.49ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Hatchet, Iron 4.19ql 72   Wind of Ages Hatchet, Iron 4.19ql Below 70   Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Hatchet, Iron 4.18ql 83   Wind of Ages Hatchet, Iron 4.18ql Below 70 Failures Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Hatchet, Iron 4.20ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Hatchet, Iron 4.20ql Below 70 1 out of 50 Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Pickaxe, Iron 4.16ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Pickaxe, Iron 4.16ql Below 70 Damages Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Pickaxe, Iron 4.17ql 72   Wind of Ages Pickaxe, Iron 4.17ql Below 70 0 out of 50 Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Pickaxe, Iron 4.18ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Pickaxe, Iron 4.18ql Below 70 Shatters Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Pickaxe, Iron 4.19ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Pickaxe, Iron 4.19ql Below 70 2 out of 50 Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Saw, Iron 5.79ql 70   Wind of Ages Saw, Iron 5.79ql Below 70 70+ Casts's: Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
  Wind of Ages Saw, Iron 5.80ql Below 70   Wind of Ages Saw, Iron 5.80ql Below 70 6 out of 50 Circle of Cunning   20.75ql
        13 out of 50         6 out of 50   p = 0.07508 p > 0.01 Not significant

The tables are easily copy and pasted from Google too. I can redesign my shop properly now!

The changes have ALOT of issues !!

For example why DELETE all the profile images ?
Why change so ALL the font sizes and such are messed up ?

Why use a theme that doesnt match the game website at all ?

Why use a theme that doesnt support transparancy on profile images ?

And why use colors that are almost the same so the topics and such har extremly hard to read out ?

I would feel ashamed to have done such a thing to be honest, This should have been tested before doing such big changes to the forum. Especially now that Wurm Unlimited just have been released.

It basicly looks unproffesional and makes the game look bad for new players as the forum are probably the 2nd thing they see besides the website. If i would be greeted with a forum that looks like this id think its a backyard home made forum made in maybe 5 minutes!

Edited by Daash
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Postes said:

you can use gifs as avatars now from my testing

You cant get the transparency from either gif or png files.

i hope the one who made this forumstyle wasnt paid, he is amateur.

I guess there is a 2-3 min delay from the time you post a new topic and the time it shows up in the recent  topics window why is that and why so long of a wait? 

Edited by Kegan

Two more things I've noticed:

1.  When I change the "stream" on the "unread content" so that it's a little easier to read, once I leave the forum and then come back, my changes are undone and I have to do it all over again.  Very annoying.

2.  When someone "likes" a post, I see the notification at the top right, but when I click it, it says "no new notifications."  If I click "view all notifications"  it is empty and says I have no notifications.  And yet I can see the new "like" still on the post.

Also, the "settings" option on the drop-down, (when I click my avatar on upper right), is still greyed out and unusable.  I've asked if this is normal behavior due to things being worked on but it appears we aren't getting any answers to anything here.

I suspect this thread is just what it says in the title.....a place for us to vent so the forums don't fill up with complaint threads, and to get us all out of the way, and they're probably not even reading it.  lol

• Like 1

Updated new theme still looks pretty ass imo. This looked like the right place to complain.

Why are forum designers experimenting on a live version...?

Set up a second template called TEST and test on that...

• Like 3

I DO wonder why it is apparently only one person capable of fixing this forum mess. I've had plenty of experience with this kind of setup before and it isn't hard to have more than one person in control of various forum aspects in case of emergency. This more likely than not can be fixed via cellphone so the individual also does not need to be home... Oh hey, page breaks!

:D

Edited by Takinshi

"I DO wonder why it is apparently only one person capable of fixing this forum mess. I've had plenty of experience with this kind of setup before and it isn't hard to have more than one person in control of various forum aspects in case of emergency. This more likely than not can be fixed via cellphone so the individual also does not need to be home... Oh hey, page breaks!"

Uh, fair warning. If you use page breaks.. I guess that ###### happens ^

Current forum version isnt nearly as bad as when new forum was first released, but please at least change the bright bright white background on everything to some other darker/softer color.  It's a pain on the eyes, maybe pick some shade of gray/parchment type color instead. 

First impression, I don't really like it.

Second impression (trying to reply to this), I actively and strongly dislike it. I don't want a WYSIWYG text field/editor, and I'd like to turn off emoticons, preferably by default.

Sadface :(

edit: Third impression, I just want to turn around and walk away now, after checking profiles and profile settings and seeing so many features and options gone. Generally I would probably resentfully and disrespectfully describe it as user-unfriendly mainstream cowpoop nobody needed, and file this under "don't fix it, if it isn't broken", as the old bitter man I am today *shrugs* :P 

Edited by Ulviirala
third impression

14 minutes ago, Ulviirala said:

Second impression (trying to reply to this), I actively and strongly dislike it. I don't want a WYSIWYG text field/editor, and I'd like to turn off emoticons, preferably by default.

edit: Third impression, I just want to turn around and walk away now, after checking profiles and profile settings and seeing so many features and options gone. Generally I would probably resentfully and disrespectfully describe it as user-unfriendly mainstream cowpoop nobody needed, and file this under "don't fix it, if it isn't broken", as the old bitter man I am today *shrugs* :P 

It doesn't even show my edit now, and the fading/loading is just... so unnecessary and broken.

For the love of Fo, throw this trash away and bring the old forum software back.

Edited by Ulviirala
omg this wysiwyg crap is annoying to no end... no. no, no, no, no, no. it also takes forever to load this crap to "edit" a post, and whatever the nextpage/previouspage links are good for in one's post... nvm, I'm not going to use this piece of crap anymor

Terrible... I hate it.. first time I noticed it was on my phone and I disliked it immediately to the point of not even clicking on anything, I just exited the page. Why was it even changed? The previous look was fine as far as I could tell.

Not just the look has changed. there's a lot of new stuff under the hood apparently, judging by just the post editor.

Though I do miss having a toggle for viewing bb code and "previewing" the post as I actively edit.

Edited by Klaa