Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

New Forum Version Discussion (Rage..) Thread!

I don't like it that editing a post is now on the bottom LEFT of a post, which depending on post size is feeling inconvinient to scroll down to.

Also, comparing it to most forums, this seems to be quite non typical, so I'm not really used to that :o would like it to be right side either top or bottom of a post, since editing usually happens AFTER a post, it would be in reading order right side. 

I think thats mainly a design flaw though...

thanks for the easier version for spoiler though :) now I don't need to type those brackets anymore (for everyone who doesnt know, mark a piece of your post when editing and click the eye icon above it)

can't say anything about the rest since this forum theme is hurting my eyes too much currently :/

seems to have more functionality and options this one than the previous one.

so the template is the only thing that needs tweaking i guess. color and theme

and status bar etc, and its gonna be smooth sailing. hopefully lol

As far as looks go, I'll wait until the theme is restored to what we had in the old version as I really liked it a lot. It felt "comfortable" and it's well worth the effort to get looking like the original. 

One nice thing about this forum that I noticed is that now we can edit the titles of our posts. This is very good since sometimes (like for instance in trading and selling) it's nice to be able to let people know that thread has lost it's purpose if say a successful purchase/sell has been made. 

What I'd still like to see that was in neither of these forums is the ability to delete one's own posts.

Am I missing something or can we not post in City Hall topics, like the latest news topic? Somewhat hard to give feedback in that topic if we can't post in it any more.

46 minutes ago, Malena said:

One nice thing about this forum that I noticed is that now we can edit the titles of our posts. This is very good since sometimes (like for instance in trading and selling) it's nice to be able to let people know that thread has lost it's purpose if say a successful purchase/sell has been made. 

That was possible in the old forum to, but you needed to choose full editor :)

Its a smooth new design, I like it, I'm already used to it ;) But yeah, like Enki I'll keep my sunglasses on for a while till they get the new Wurm theme online.

1 hour ago, Malena said:

What I'd still like to see that was in neither of these forums is the ability to delete one's own posts.

I don't think I've ever seen a forum that gave users that ability but it would be nice to have.

It's 6:30 am my first cup of coffee and cigarette..first thought was WTF.:P

Please turn off the constant question about "Would you like to show notifications from this site" each time I enter a thread, its really annoying!

Edit:

Also there is no option to reply to thread "News #86" in City Hall

Edited by Chulirac

Im sure it will look good eventuraly, Im not sure I understand the timing of it, but like all the other times, it will end up looking pleasing to most of the users here, im sure.

my reaction when open forum was:

WTF???!!!

why????

what was wrong with old forum????

why release something unfinished?????

ohh sry forgot its wurm.,...its not first time I see something unfinished get released :/

• Like 1

This looks so cheap. Like from the 90's or some intranet bs. 0/5 stars.

I was about to write that I preferred the old style forum- the brightness is definitely a minus, however, after reading that it will be updated asap then I am willing to wait before a verdict.

I can see that people are 'working their socks off' to try and make Wurm and all associated programs as good as possible and for that I am grateful.

I may be wrong here but is there a bit of added pressure from the release of WU to make sure that WO has lots of love as well? May I suggest that it would be better if major changes like the forum change was not delivered as a 'work in progress' but as the final fantastic improvement that I hope it will be?.

i dislike this new forum. Its not intuitive, Its not good looking(Its colour scheme is even bad, Far better colours could have been used), its text is awkwardly bigger then any forum i browse(And theres no setting for this either which is frustrating), it lacks features for customization all for what, a chatroom? Pssh. I think im just gonna stop reading these forums if this is the layout were gonna be using, I got wurm unlimited and servers with there own forums to read. 

Additionally i like my ability to read forums in a dark room or area without burning my eyes. 

1/10, 1 for the post reply area being much cleaner and slick feeling rather then the outdated one there was before, Thats all i can applaud you for with this forum.

Bug that I've noticed: Thread in which people quoted a previous post and then continued...some of those posts are now just the quote, not the reply. 

Example: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134477-released-mods-and-from-exe-version-of-modloader/#comment-1378248

There's my comment that is apparently just a quote, only the post below it is apparently just a quote of it, but it's showing my response.  Hoping those posts aren't lost for good.

Overall, very disappointed, this change feels unprofessional and half-baked.  Perhaps it will be good in time, but right now I'm just hoping for not having data loss.

15 hours ago, Enki said:

My eyes!  I will have to wear sun shades until the theme gets rebuilt!

Exactly ...this much much to much...

Is this a testversion or do we have to accept this anyway any matter?

Hi everyone,

Just to reiterate, the change of theme is not a permanent one, the issues with colour, text and the like will all be resolved once we have a new custom theme. As for functionality and placement I'm not sure, but as soon as we know we'll pass it on.

As for the ideas about it being unfinished, unfortunately some things don't always operate according to plan and reverting back is not always plausible. We're aware the white is a bit much for some and we are working on getting our custom theme up and running.

We'll have it up and looking positively Wurmian in no time.

• Like 1

Why you "fix" something what wasnt broken? Instead of doing more relevant work? And doing such change next to weekend, so we need suffer that whole weekend, or even more! No one told to you that make changes in office hours so you can fix things

Make sure you clear your cache, it's possible that it's not loading them correctly for you, as they appear fine on firefox and chrome here.

6 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Make sure you clear your cache, it's possible that it's not loading them correctly for you, as they appear fine on firefox and chrome here.

Cache cleared, still the same.