Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

New Forum Version Discussion (Rage..) Thread!

Why? The old one was just fine. This one looks like I'm in the clean room and have to go through decon before I come and go. Can we please have some atmosphere?

Uhm... I can appreciate the work it takes to make an update.  No offense, and if this is how it must be from here on out, then this is how it must be...

But....  I don't like it. 

Right now I'm fumbling around trying to figure out how to properly work this new fangled thing... so maybe I'm suffering from "New-thing-I-didn't-expect-to-have-to-deal-with-today" syndrome.. I hate it when I suffer from this..  D *:

P.S. - Is the old spoiler code going to work on the new pages, or is how it is now a done deal in that regard?  I have many things that really do *REQUIRE* the spoiler code.

*deleted* was on the wrong page, lol

Edited by Kegan

When I click the icon in the upper right, the "content" and "settings" options are greyed out and unusable.  Is this intentional or is it just my browser doing that?

Also, is there no way to filter out all the WU crap now when looking at "unread content?" (which I assume is supposed to be the old "recent posts" stuff?).  It was bad enough before with all the WU mixed in and shoved in our faces, but at least there was a way to filter it with a little work and then having to be logged in to make it work. 

And like everyone else, my eyes are bleeding from this so-called theme.  Hopefully you'll have that changed asap but in the meantime I may have to stay away from the forums.

Edited by Amadee

It looks kewl :3 any chance that we could have the IP.BOARD status updates window displayed on the main page (I think it otherwise would by default but is turned off?) On other forums I've been on the status updates are cool for smaller discussions and general stuff, but without having them displayed somewhere they aren't really being used as a feature imo.

ips needs an option to hide recent topics sidebar in this version :[

How is there not a standard black skin? All that white triggers nightmares from the old days in the mental insitution.

Edited by Edge

I never knew how much I enjoyed the old forums until now. Sigh.

I hope it will get better once things get figured out, I hate sunglasses in the middle of the night (on the bright side (sooooo bright!!), I don't need any lights in my room when I'm on forums :P :)

• Like 1

What Evening said. Seems to have made the issue of separating out WO from WU posts even worse as well, no way that I've found yet to filter what you see when choosing 'unread content'. This is one of those changes that seem to have come out of nowhere and I hope it improves, at the moment forum is pretty much unusable for me.

I can see the potential in the new engine - at least it seems much more usable on my mobile device.

I cannot filter yet the unread posts, if I select the forum group I want to see it shows absolute nothing.

The white kills my retina as well, but I'm patiently waiting for the comfortable skin ... now maybe?

What I found until now, didn't take long.

• To bright (dark theme please)
  • To large fonts
  • To large numbers
  • To large everything
  • No navigation helps on mobile version, takes ages to get from top to button, same as above, my battery will drain to fast!
  • Search still almost useless

:ph34r:

I had thought we had gotten rid of the reputation thing somewhat now we are keeping track of it and listing the top liked people of the week, month, year..etc? 

Edit: I would rather see top liked topics then the actual people. 

Edited by Kegan

I like tables.

• Like 1

Need to change the default notification settings probably, for me it turned them all off. 

Cannot post on Toolbelt forum.

Embedded youtubes should not autoplay.

The video is not scaling right either like the old forums did it is huge on my computer.

Edit: The video Jberg posted in the music thread is okay but the one above is like four times the size so if you can you need to restrict them to a smaller size or something. (well maybe not 4x but it is a lot bigger for sure) 

Edited by Kegan

40 minutes ago, Kegan said:

The video is not scaling right either like the old forums did it is huge on my computer.

Edit: The video Jberg posted in the music thread is okay but the one above is like four times the size so if you can you need to restrict them to a smaller size or something. (well maybe not 4x but it is a lot bigger for sure) 

Fun fact: I could have set it to 4k.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sandyar said:

What I found until now, didn't take long.

• To bright (dark theme please)
  • To large fonts
  • To large numbers
  • To large everything
  • No navigation helps on mobile version, takes ages to get from top to button, same as above, my battery will drain to fast!
  • Search still almost useless

:ph34r:

But it's an UPGRADE. Those are supposed to make things better, yes? 

BTW, large auto playing video can cause bad things to happen to people. Especially ones like that above. Seizures being one of them.

Edited by Sarcaticous

I heartily dislike Autoplay!!  And that's putting it politely.  Please make that stop ASAP!!  That's adding insult to injury right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zekezor said:

Fun fact: I could have set it to 4k.

Well how about taking it down till they fix the auto play thing? No one wants to deal with it every time they come to read a new post here.

@everyone post a reply here so we can get to the next page :)

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I would much rather see the Server status list  than popular posts or whatever that is. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chiqa said:

I would much rather see the Server status list  than popular posts or whatever that is. 

Well maybe that is what they are doing with it but it just takes time to convert it over..idk

Edit: New Page :)

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1