Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

New Forum Version Discussion (Rage..) Thread!

Liking it!  The clarity is great the features are nice.  A little to get use to like anything.

• Like 1

uh... hm... first you have test the new forum on different machine, get your template ready, fix bugs / implent the old stuff and then go live. that`s some kind of unpfrofesional but made me laugh today - so ty for this. :lol:

and yeah, new version is a must. thinking of old security holes / spam and so on.

If you're looking for how to filter Unread Content by forum like I was (since it's the main way I use the forum), create a new stream, click on Topics and click the gear next to it. Spend the next five minutes painstakingly clicking the forums you care about, enjoying the fact that every few forums bumps the box you're clicking on down a line so you have to readjust.

As it is a  rage thread:

• can you revert?
  • at least make an option to switch?
  • give me a LMC for the loss!

But really, i m fine with the progress of things, and to quote my granma 'we ve allways gotten a better replacement, dont we?'

(but then she probably spoke about something else)

Big fan in general of the new forums.

Spoiler

Testing spoilers!

Can't find how to see all themes i was posted   :(

And it is so LAGGY and SLLOOOOOOWWWWW that makes me crasy  :(:(:( 

Edited by Velintar

looks like its still slow as hell and/or crashing and/or unavailable for an entire hour around 1am EST.  backups or something? whatever it is, was hoping that would be fixed

There does not appear to be a way to mark the announcement as read. We really don't need it at the top of every page, especially once we have read it once.

Connection problems while posting to create duplicate posts  :mellow:

Hopefully this update will be followed by moving the forums to a more reliable host.

Edited by Wulfmaer
Duplicate

the go to first unread post option I miss right away if we can get that back somehow, or it will be fun to click to the last page then back up 6 pages of a thread to find where you left off

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

the go to first unread post option I miss right away if we can get that back somehow, or it will be fun to click to the last page then back up 6 pages of a thread to find where you left off

That is still there, see picture below with the tooltip that pops up when mouse over the link.

Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 07.19.24.png

Edited by Wulfmaer
adding picture

maybe its just a matter being written differently too, like thorgots spoiler isn't a spoiler anymore its a show hidden content which looks more like a moderation edit lol

*edit: yep I still cant find it

oh you edit a picture in for me, thank you

• Like 1

Am I only one who can not see server status and links to IRC,  Shop , Wurmpedia, Wurm online home page...?

Still on the fence but I won't say too much as I know that it takes a lot of work to get it right while customizing.

I really liked the old forums, with the click and reveal first and last post.

I also liked the look of the old forums much better, felt like it matched Wurm.

Those are just weak opinions though nothing important. The one real Issue I see so far is links do not open in a new tab. I prefer saving my spot on the forums and looking at links in another tab :)

Can you add an option to have the old theme please!! this one is so common and so wurmless feelings..

reminds me of facebook...i hate facebook :(

Yes, the forum will be re-skinned and themed as soon as our designer gets here.  Today has not gone according to our plans.  So things have not fallen into place.  Please have a little patience... and sunglasses, until we can find the dimmer switch on this thing.

• Like 4

well, my very first impression was... WTF is this... i cannot see anything, i cannot find anything... don't like it at all AT THE MOMENT... ask me again in a week and will see if i got used to it :)

I hope this version work better on ^_^ M$ Edge.

LOL and btw seem works a lot better!

Thanks you B)