Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

New Forum Version Discussion (Rage..) Thread!

My eyes!  I will have to wear sun shades until the theme gets rebuilt!

• Like 35

My first impression is that it seems to have less functionality than the old version. I am on my mobile and can't see things like server status or recent threads on the main page. Is there a non mobile version?

• Like 3

Just now, williamwierd said:

Too white. I also liked the rustic charm of the old forums.

We'll get a new one with similar properties to the last one built ASAP! This new forum version were sadly not backwards compatible in regards to that :/

• Like 3

Any way to see the title of the thread with the most recent post like in the old forums?

I'll be needing a pair of those sunglasses I think. WOW.  And I thought my deed was bright XD.

4 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

Any way to see the title of the thread with the most recent post like in the old forums?

It's on the main page! May fix it later for all pages, but for now how to do it eludes me :)

3 bad things

1 the old one felt more professional

2 please dont make everyone auto subscribe to new topics via email for the love of god

3 THE SOUNDS no just no please the old forum was nice to have sitting in the background and just sat there didnt bug me about new notifications no sounds from chat or notification pop ups about people posting to a comment i made on a forum post :/

now for a semi good point

it has the potential to become a nice looking site but for now can we please just stick with the old one until this version has been properly setup and ready and doesnt burn my eyes out?

• Like 2

Seems like I get the email notification, but the actual notifications don't appear in the notifications thingy on the forums.

5 minutes ago, wipeout said:

3 bad things

1 the old one felt more professional

2 please dont make everyone auto subscribe to new topics via email for the love of god

3 THE SOUNDS no just no please the old forum was nice to have sitting in the background and just sat there didnt bug me about new notifications no sounds from chat or notification pop ups about people posting to a comment i made on a forum post :/

now for a semi good point

it has the potential to become a nice looking site but for now can we please just stick with the old one until this version has been properly setup and ready and doesnt burn my eyes out?

1) Agreed, it's a temporary problem though, we'll get this sorted as soon as possible - the alternative were to keep the forums down until it were fixed, and that'd just result in no gain for anyone.

2) tried to fix it in the settings, tell me if not working

3) trying to fix

1 minute ago, Firestarter said:

Seems like I get the email notification, but the actual notifications don't appear in the notifications thingy on the forums.

Hmm, looking in to it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jberg said:

Hmm, looking in to it.

Looks like they appear while I'm on the forum.

Will edit this to say if they appear in there when I'm not on the forum.

Edit: Notifications seem to be working properly now!

Also, not sure if it's just because I'm on my phone, but have signatures been removed?

Edited by Firestarter

I like the new theme... since the old theme was broke and stuff never stayed in it's frame properly... can we keep this new one?  Pretty Please!

• Like 1

now can i also ask why the update? and why in such an unfinished state i get that the old theme doesnt work but we have suffered forum down times of over a week before so if the older version was broken yet again for some reason it wouldnt have been that big of a deal 

but why update and not revert back(by use of proper backups before doing an update) if you see that our lovely template was broken? just curious considering its codeclub so we are all used to weird funky stuff happening but still im curious about it

Very bright, main thing that jumps out IMO is the part where it shoes total posts in a forum section and how recent the latest post is. Silver or light blue or whatever it is on a brown background does not work

6d32e50503.png

Also really should be some sort of outline over each board group as it all sortof runs into each other at the moment.