Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

[ABANDONED] Arkoniks Hitching Post mod

Ok fixed it.
Arkoniks Hitching Post mod. Will hold 3 Animals at a time.
3 logs
5 L nails
3 Horseshoes
3 planks
Every thing works but the decay img which I didn't have time to figure it out at this time. Have way to many personal models in my own WU server I'm working on and it wasn't in my priority to do list. Not to mention This is side project cause I'm working on building my own MMO Sandbox.

If Ago wants to or someone else wants to add this to the modloader feel free to do so. As it is out of the box it alters the server files and will break other mods.
My added code is easy to find in the 4 files. Instructions in the rar file.

Added more code to include passengers on wagon. If you want both use the other Vehicles file in the other folder.

Edited 11/22/2015 5:35am.

I got time tonight before I go to bed to run threw the files again. Fixes no more tent issue placing hitching post. Updated the post can now be dyed picked up placed down Dev mode or not as long has strength to pick it up. Had to alter another behavior class.

Enjoy if find a issue just post if I get time I will look into it.

Link to mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/39dfbew5jhh35x0/Arkoinks_Hitching_Post.rar  Ver 1.1
Video link:

IMG wurm.20151120.1015_2_zpsz10lpbao.jpg

wurm.20151120.2249_zpsl0fgeqjs.jpg
Feel Free Rolf to use my model in WO you have my full consent if you want it.

Edited by Arkonick
Upgraded Mod
  • Like 4

It can be if someone wants to code that in his  modloader system. My mod is all main file altered. I don't have the time to do this I'm busy working on my own MMO and mod's for my off time WU server I just wanted to share 1 mod with the community.

Oh yea Feel Free Rolf to use the model in WO if you want I give you full permission to take it and use it.

Ahh should have watched your full youtube video.

Edit after OP fixed his link issue :)

Edited by Drpox

I just used copy and paste from the url to the chat box that I am typing in right now. 

It want let me use copy paste. What browser are you using? I was having way to many issues with win 10 so I redone pc back to win 7 and after that it fixed a ton of issues I was having like getting my models to work in WU.

Internet Explorer wont, use Google Chrome or firefox

this.  I switched to Firefox back when I started using Wurm forums for this reason.  FYI, am using Win 10 and no problems.

Oh and fantastic mod!!!  Take that Code Club!

Edited by Wurmhole

In the end it was the little box in the top left corner of the post box. With it checked you can use all the extras and it is messed up if anyone runs into this issue just click the little box in the left top corner and your good.

this.  I switched to Firefox back when I started using Wurm forums for this reason.  FYI, am using Win 10 and no problems.

Oh and fantastic mod!!!  Take that Code Club!

Win 10 was causing issues with my modeling and some issues in unity. After go back to win 7 the issues cleared up. I even tried repairing win 10 incase something was messed up nothing worked. I did the exact same procedure importing and exporting my models in and out of WU in win 7 and had no issues. So I'm going to cough this up as a win 10 problem.

Three animals on a tile will eventually cause disease, will that be an issue if you have three animals hitched or are they somehow "not really there"

Just a question as we are all happy to see mods like this get released!

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

If I recall it was changed do to wagons having 4 animals. But these are not free roaming animals there hitched using same code as wagon code so they shouldn't have a issue. It should use the wagon code and it would be like having 4 animals on a tile and no disease.

Great, if it works on the code like wagons there should not be an issue, ok.

Do pets that come untamed also unhitch, like on carts/wagons? It might be kind of interesting if you could hitch a bear/crocodile to a post as a "guard" for that one tile.  Tamed ones of course would not be much of a guard but hmm when they go untame what happens next? re they hostile but hitched, or hostile and roaming?

Science Time!

This is so awesome. I've had this idea since I started playing WO. I'm so glad someone thought the same and that you did this. Thanks, gonna try your mod soon.

Is that normal?

[16:49:29] You are not allowed to put your tent there.

When trying to drop it.

40 minutes ago, Sekiryou said:

Is that normal?

When trying to drop it.

I would have to look into it. Might have to wright it's own function when does it happen when you get this msg? Is it happening when off deed or on deed? Is it your deed or someone else's deed? The item is borrowing code rather than having repeated code.

I will look into it when I get more information. Get me this exact info when it is happening and I will if have to wright it's own function or rewrite the function it's borrowing to incorp the 2 items tent and hitching post. Like I said before I'm busy working on my own MMO so if you can find out when it is happening it will narrow down and when I get some spare time I will jump in there and fix it. Right now I use Dev mode a lot to make my mods and they have less restrictions than a non gm/dev but it is how I can summon items fast and such I get little time any more to play WO so WU was my next best thing but I get less time playing WU here lately. If I get time in next few days I will look into it. If you can get me some of this info  above it will narrow it down faster you can send me PM on any findings when it is happening.

9 minutes ago, Arkonick said:

[...] Is it happening when off deed or on deed?

[...] Is it your deed or someone else's deed?

[...] Right now I use Dev mode a lot to make my mods and they have less restrictions than a non gm/dev but it is how I can summon items fast and such [...]

I played with it a bit. It happened on my deed and while I was GM. I created it with the ebony wand, that's why. When creating it with the wand, it appears in my inventory and can't drop it.

I tried to build one from scratch and everything is alright. So it just happen when creating it while GM so it's not really a big deal right now and I can just build them from scratch.

The item template is created with ITEM_TYPE_TENT (181) item type.

Without having downloaded, how does the model get rendered? Is it an existing client model, or is a client change needed also?

1 hour ago, Trake said:

Without having downloaded, how does the model get rendered? Is it an existing client model, or is a client change needed also?

(Not sure if this answers your question, but for folks struggling to make this go with ago's serverside loader it might be helpful)

You need to have the client side modloader installed, have the serverpacks mod downloaded and enabled (rename .disabled to .properties) and you need to run the patcher.bat AFTER the mod file has been renamed.

from then on in in theory the server should send you the files you need upon login.  If you aren't setup correctly it returns a handler error server side but you will still be able to connect and view a bag model in it's place.

Edited by Daolin

I have installed ago's mod on both server and client. I have then installed this on the server as well, made sure that the serverpacks are renamed and result is getting bags instead of actual model.

On unpatched clients I get a pm from modloader which leads me to believe that the server is trying to send something?

Please can anyone help me.

2vb4qar.jpg

It's currently not possible to change the model of already displayed objects. When the client is started a second time the completed download packs are used right from the start and the item should use the new model.