Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

News #86 The little things

header86.png

It's been a long hot week down here, so I've been dreaming of the white snowy forests of wurm, but some pesky heat won't stop the news!

Weekly Patch Notes

This week has seen updates to both Wurm Online and Wurm Unlimited, the complete patch notes are available here:
Wurm Online:

Spoiler

November 18, 2015

• Added smelter, holds 100 ore, fairly hard to make.
  • Fix so mycelium trees can revert to normal ones.
  • Settlement founding screen no longer indicates that 7 silver will be used toward the founding of a deed when a deed stake is used.
  • Fix for loading items that should not fit.
  • Update so you get a notification when you get the alcoholic title.
  • Fix so animal ratio limit is shown with correct number for pvp servers (on settlement info screen).
  • Use water when improving clay items with it.
  • Fix so manage objects is not blocked from r-click menu.
  • Fix so dragging items into an unlocked bulk container uses structure or village permissions as required.
  • Fixed some spelling errors.
  • Wooden beams, marble, slate, and stone slabs can be stored in bulk containers.
  • Fix for flowers not spawning on grass tiles.
  • Allow anyone with modify building to be able to attach locks to it.
  • Added ability to plant signs and lamps in tile corners directly.
  • Update so client shows ‘harvestable’ when a tree or bush is.

Wurm Unlimited:

Spoiler

• Removed the add to crafting window option from: Kiln, Gnomes and lairs.
  • Fixed some issues that prevented the citizen group from working correctly with structure permissions.
  • Non-villagers should now be able to grow hedges using wild growth if the permissions are set correctly.
  • Summon worg has been changed: it now removes any pets you had before summoning.
  • Bulk item decay has been removed on deeds.
  • Added more items to the list of items that shouldn't appear as mission items.
  • Removed the menu option to "blow up" or instantly destroy a building.
  • Fix for branded creatures taking on kingdom from brands (PvP).
  • Added lightning flash when buildings are destroyed from the building list.
  • Small chests can now be unlocked/locked while in the inventory.
  • Owners of small chests should now always have the unlock option.
  • Added gentle push and pull actions.
  • Changed it so that you can't trade a merchant contract to the merchant in question.
  • Necklaces, rings bracelets, balls and chains will now form piles.
  • Added destroy option to bell towers and snowmen.
  • Anyone who can manage a building should now be able to attach locks.
  • Fix so that most enemy actions are allowed in buildings.
  • Removed hunted status from non-home and non-pvp servers.
  • Fix so that enemies don't get the unlock option on building doors.
  • Fix so that the steal option is only shown for pvp servers on planted items.
  • Practice dolls should now only be usable if they are on the ground.
  • Fix for mycelium spreading on PvP servers.
  • Added discard option for logs and felled trees.
  • Mycelium trees should now be able to revert back into normal trees.
  • Free deeds no longer give money when disbanding.
  • Smelters should now be craftable.
  • Fix for loading of items that should not fit no matter how you turn it around.
  • Fix for creating items within containers which they should not fit inside.
  • Updated so that you get a notification when you get the alcoholic title.
  • Dragging items into an unlocked bulk container should now use structure or village permissions.
  • Several spelling errors in messages was corrected.
  • Fix for flower spawning.
  • It should now be possible to store slabs and wood beams in bulk containers.
  • Removed Wurm Online specific output from /who command.
  • Added PvP, Home Server and Home Kingdom to other server properties in the GUI.
  • Added admin password to the GUI.
  • Changed some Wurm Online specific checks in server transfer to make use of the server settings instead.
  • The LaunchConfig files should now be generated with a lower heap memory value by default for 32-bit systems if it doesn't exist already.

Restructuring of CA team

As hinted previously, we can now announce some changes within the staff team! From now on, the Community Assistant team will come under Community Relations. Chat Moderators and Game Masters will still come under their respective leads. There's still some reshuffling under the hood to do but we look forward to showing you just what these changes will bring!

We will be looking at taking on applications soon.

Xsolla now taking amazon payments

We are pleased to announce that Xsolla now accepts Pay with Amazon, meaning you can easily pay with information already stored in your Amazon account.

November community event!

Once again, Spellcast has been hard at work tinkering on a new hunt on Pristine for suckers Wurmians to get lost on! The time and date have not yet been formalised, but we'll be there taking part in the fun with you all!

Weekly feedback question:

Starting this week we'll be asking a question in each news mostly as a way for you to share feedback about specific subjects. This week has seen some amazing quality of life updates including the smelter, harvestable trees now being displayed, and slabs now being able to fit in bulk containers. With this in mind we'd like to ask, what would be your biggest Quality of Life improvement in Wurm?

Weekly Screenshot Artwork

This weeks artwork is one from an entire thread of hilarious watercolours by Namekat, this one in particular named "Devildog drops his wand of the sea to make a reverse island on land and poor Namekat is trapped in a pit of horrific brown bear demons. Good King Gary lowers his mighty old man beard to save his favourite son while Smeagain and Devildog blast the bears with their op spells. "

The entire series of artworks can be seen here.

screenshot86.jpg

That's it for this week, see you all same time next week!

Retrograde and your Friendly Neighbourhood Community Relations team

• Like 10

For me the main thing i want to see is a way to transport animals across water that do not swim. (same server) 

I have suggested that they be able to swim only when they are being lead that will let us transport any animal across water that we can tame, charm or dominate then lead but this still stops them from entering the water on their own AI. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 3

Here is a picture I painted myself to represent the event in Namekats screenshot

YLdxtk3.png

As a serious side note, a quality of life change I would like to see would be picking up empty crates.

• Like 2

no decay on deed period, only exceptions being things that can be stored in bsb/fsb/crates that are left out and meals/sandwiches etc

• Like 2

QoL:  do away with "light breeze" altogether, help streamline the trade routes a bit (specially since light breeze has a way of becoming the norm for extended periods of time).

• Like 5

QoL: The ability to key-bind emotes. Would be nice to press a single key to wave at someone instead of navigating menus. :)

• Like 5

A barrel rack, holds 25 small barrels.

Edited by NESGamepro
  • Like 2

Show color of wood types again and dye all types of items/structures,

• Like 3

Biggest Quality of Life improvement?

No more decay on deeds with upkeep > 30 days.

• Like 1

TBH, the crafting window was one of the biggest QoL changes put into wurm in recent years, along with the select bar.  Why? Because it reduces the tedium of playing the game.

So on that thread, I'd like to see more implementations along the same line.  Not only having spell keybinds, but having an enchanting window and an improving window.

The enchanting window would allow you to place the item you wish to enchant into it.  Below it, it will list the current enchants and their powers. Next to it, it will show a list of enchants that are compatible with this item and allow you to select one and click 'cast'.

You would also be able to right click on an altar and choose 'add to enchanting window', which will create a small box on the enchanting window that you can drag sac materials into and a button you can click to sacrifice.  And a dispel button next to the selected item to allow you to cast dispel on it.

The improving window will have a box for a selected item (with items in game having a right-click option of 'add to imping window'), and it will simply show the current QL.  There will be 5 slots for adding in improving tools, obviously restricted to the tools required for the selected item and limited to 1 of each.  Improving would then be a case of selecting how many actions to queue up and clicking the button, like in the crafting window.  It would then improve with the appropriate tool from those provided.

• Like 12

let us use combined rope to lead more animals please

one animal for every .5kg, up to 4 animals

• Like 3

Make it so that all passengers on a sailboat can open the boat inventory!

I think the Quality of Life question is asked by Retrograde is: Which of the most recent updates has increased your quality of wurm life the most?

I personally haven't had enough time to play wurm in the recent couple of weeks to know for sure, but the two changes I am most excited about is the smelter and the nudging.

I will also take the opportunity (as so many others have) to state the top item in my wish list for improving wurm quality of life and that would be keybinds for everything. Specifically, sacrificing and crushing are the two I would love to see, but there are many others that could use a keybind. As for priest spells, maybe a quickslot for spells, similar to the toolbelt, where we can load up commonly used spells and assign keybinds to each slot.

• Like 1

+1 to no deed decay

+1 to all animal transport over water

+1 to leading 4 with 1 rope

+1 to push/pull altars

+1 to keybinds of anything (darn menus!)

+1 to loading everything (full BSBs, etc)

+1 to bulk storage racks/vaults/closets or whatever

+1 to carts following slopes and not blocking the view.

• Like 1

QoL?

New guards for PvE servers that would make KOS work.

No use of kos as of now other than as a way of formally stating "please leave".

• Like 1

QoL Improvement= A *new* server with NO aggressive creatures upon it. In the seemingly everlasting interim at least remove the Troll creatures ability to bash down walls/fencing, both on deed and off. Too much constant rebuilding of them on perimeters if there is a programmed spawn "improvement" with them being part of it in the area.

=Ayes=

Fish should fit in FSB

Hitch Horses to Boats

Wine barrel should give bonus to wine

Tents should count as Beds

• Like 4

The biggest change to ql in life for me in the past 3 ish years would have to be the crafting  window. 

No decay in bsb/crate runs a close second.

There are many great suggestions here .

I will pick the one nearest  and dearest to my hear, Ship travel. Speed it up somehow, I don't care how  but we really should be able to pop over to other servers  far more quickly than we currently can.  

I am not asking for easy mode. I am asking for reasonable mode. 

I have to say the crafting window's recipe book. Replacing alt-tabbing to the wiki with the recipe book improved my game experience by an nth magnitude.