Sign in to follow this  
Uberknot

(SUGGESTION) Tree painting removed....(SOLVED bug)

Gm can no longer set data and paint trees....  really?

Add bind <key> PAINT_TERRAIN to the game it will make both version better.

Edited by Uberknot

Now am i hearing other GM powers are being removed?  I dont understand why controlling GM's on their own servers?

I mean no controlling of Mods people make?

It is Wurm Unlimited after all.....not Wurm Controlled.

Edited by Uberknot

I can confirm all GM lvls  NO LONGER  can paint trees. You have to plant them 1 at a time to make a forest now. This is a pain as I destroyed a 10x10 section to test it and now i have to replant trees 1 at a time in stead of paint terrain feature.  

PLEASE PUT this back in game. We never asked for it to be removed!

> You have to plant them 1 at a time to make a forest now.

As long as you don;t mind getting a random mix of tree types, the tree growth one  still works and gives many more trees per action

I am assuming they did not intentionally mean to remove tree painting but were fixing one issue and broke another. Do any AUXDATA numbers above 100 still work, it might "just happen" that most trees are over 100 so affected?  I doubt they were intentionally removing the ability to paint trees, or limit GM powers just to limit powers. Tree painting was probably a victim of a different fix (sch as holes in the world, or spikeways to heaven).

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

Brash I believe you are correct. If you notice the list has been organized, it is not the same numbers. They organized the list so that 100-200 is tree/bushes, 200-300 is cave stuff (and corner cobble strangely). If you try to set it to a number that does not exist it also crashes your client (example out of testing I tried 44 to try and get an old tree number). So this reorganizing likely caused some kind of conflict with another class file or method they did not adjust to match. So this should likely be sent to server issues rather than general questions.

• Like 1

Lucifer, find a grass tile, then with the wand go to Nature> Grow trees. I never used the Paint when I was GM, this is the way I'd grow trees on GV for the newbies. Test out what Brash_Endeavors says about the auxdata too. 

The paint tree function was ideal for planting trees alongside a road after the road is completed. Set the wand to 1-9-(tree number) and instantly clean up the construction mess. You cannot do the same with the grow tree option. However knowing that it is probably just a bug I can wait for a fix. As GM I have more roads to build  :D

You can change the field rate of forest growth for rapid growth as a GM while on with an in-game command just type /help look up the commands you need then you can use it to change them to your desired value settings. If you don't like the last update and you know how to lightly code you can go back restore those settings to the previous format.  depending on your host for your server you can choose to update your server or not to update your server with patches for steam which is optional depending on your host. Also there is ways to turn off automatic updates for steam and still run the application. Just a few thoughts to ponder to this problem. I can still paint trees :)

Grow trees wouldn't be bad, if it were ALL TREES, but there's more rose bushes and thorns and lavender, etc.  I want a forest of trees, not the rest of it.  I spend more time cutting that junk down :/

its actually faster to summon sprouts and plant them.  Not as nice as paint, but better than change terrain or chopping down the stuff you don't want with using Grow Trees...

Edited by Mitzie
  • Like 1

Some more observations.. GM refresh only seems to refresh to 60% nutrition fill your food bar.. nutrition level doesn't seem to change....anyone else notice this? Also, I can't seem to get the GM "weather" bind to9 work that Jberg mentions in his opening post regarding GM abilities.

Edited by Mitzie

23 hours ago, Mitzie said:

Some more observations.. GM refresh only seems to refresh to 60% nutrition fill your food bar.. nutrition level doesn't seem to change....anyone else notice this? Also, I can't seem to get the GM "weather" bind to9 work that Jberg mentions in his opening post regarding GM abilities.

you need to type "weather" into the console (F1) without quotes. Another window will popup outside of the the game that allows you to adjust time and weather settings.

There was a bug in paint terrain that prevented trees from being painted.

This will be fixed in the next update.

• Like 1

Thank god.....it's killing me to nature grow trees because that's just leads to much more painting grass....

ohhhh...PAINT_TERRAIN is not a supported action.

bind <key> PAINT_TERRAIN  

PLOX!

• Like 2

Keenan, where should I put this request?

I see that Grow Trees was added to regular grass tiles.

Can we have Grow Trees for Enchanted Grass and Infected tiles?.. which you know, spawn those trees where available?

On 11/25/2015, 10:03:06, Uberknot said:

Thank god.....it's killing me to nature grow trees because that's just leads to much more painting grass....

ohhhh...PAINT_TERRAIN is not a supported action.

bind <key> PAINT_TERRAIN  

PLOX!

+1!

Couldn't agree more, please make 'Paint terrain' bindable while you're at it! Would make hand-painting large forests so much less tedious.

Edited by Malreynolds

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎25‎:‎10‎, Keenan said:

There was a bug in paint terrain that prevented trees from being painted.

This will be fixed in the next update.

still no paint trees :( 

BUMP we need a suggestions forums if we are not allowed to suggest things for Wum in the Wurm Suggestion forums.