Sign in to follow this  
PWreset

Please give us laodable animals

Yes this is porbably the 100th topic of this, but I would like to "hitch" animals on ships, that way they could stay on a fixed position in relation to the ship. We need some way to transport animals at least withing the server without the need to build bridges everywhere.

• Like 1

+1

Loading or hitching animals to a ship (that can swim at least) would be good for people travelling who get caught out on server restarts or disconnected for other reasons to prevent them losing the animals and remove the annoyance that disembarkment causes whilst leading.

Ultimately loading would be great if it could allow cross server travel so you can take your cargo, wagon and horse team or just your favorite riding horse for exploring/hunting on other servers.

+1 to moving animals around more easily. I often have to move animals around do to RATIO problems. If there's going to be a forced reason to move animals around, at least let it be less time-consuming.

At least to start out is there a way to raise the limit of creatures one player can lead with a rope to 50 or so?

At least to start out is there a way to raise the limit of creatures one player can lead with a rope to 50 or so?

it's not about leading at all, anyting that cna swim can be transported at least even if embarking as commander emans having to re-lead them again. But at least this somehow works.

But Bisons, hell horses and anything that can not swim will basically be trapped to be local pets on the island they spawned.Unless you build a massively giant bridge and walk/ride all that way through whatever danger may be on that way.

Well there is a benefit to my hitching post if people have added it to there server. You can hitch animals to it then pick up the post the animals look like they stay but if you take the post and throw it in a wagon or boat or teleport across the map then replant it some where else you will see a post, but if you click on it and select unhitch, the animals will update to the new location of the post. You can transport animals. Not sure if this works crossing servers. I'm surprised no one who uses my hitching post on there server has come forth and told this or figured it out but guess enough time has passed by I will let people know there has been a way to transport any animal.

Well im already modding this but I would love to see it built in..   Instead of having animals (with sex) spawn it would be nice if they actually mated in the wild.   

Im working on Herds like cows, horses, dogs sheep that travel in herds and breed naturally in the wild with random trails that carry over per herd / parent.     Its coming along nicely and actually pretty simple to do and only required one additional table in the DB for BRED_IN_Wild= true, false  or 0,1 flag.  

Edited by razoreqx
  • Like 1

Not sure it this does exactly what you want but it might be an option. Requested by Razor it allows converting animals to tokens that can then be loaded on boats and unloaded/returned to animals later. It supports cross-server although there is some confusion yet about the kingdom of the animal if switching between a PvP and a non-PvP server. If you don't want to deal with the NPC or the cost there are options to change that in the properties file.

Have fun,

-Tyson