Sign in to follow this  
lucifier

Working Server portal mission scripit

Ok so I got the mission ruler to make a in game portal  - heres how. Also you Must have EPIC turned on for mission to work.

I put the Pics under spoiler tabs as its a pain to scroll down all these pics :P

-Step 1  Frame/Ground Tile

Build a frame work for your portal. Heres just a quick idea on what i did. Notice I highlighted the Cobblestone, thats because I used the mission ruler on it for the mission. Ground tile aka the cobble stone is where I implemented the mission. May be a better way but this worked fast for me.

Spoiler

Portal_Framework_zpsmcdezcjh.png

-Step 2 Mission Maker

Next with the ground tile selected in your target bar, click/activate your mission ruler.(if you dont have this item, use your GM wand to Create it and itll show in your Inv.) Now open the menu on the ground tile and select manage mission

Spoiler

Mission_1_zpshijixszu.png

-Step 3 Mission Setup

Now youll see this screen. Select create mission, mine shows Edit cause I spent to much dam time figuring this out:P 

Spoiler

Mission_2_zpsbomfqrte.png

-Step 4 Mission Editor

Now you should see this screen. First Name it something good, dont forget what you name it. Make sure you name it something you remember as to what its going be. I choose Portal and test cause ...well it was a test:)  Notice I selected "May restart when finished" if you want this to be repeatable this must be checked. also i put 30 sec's above it for fail time if player doesn't step on portal. No worries tho you can change this. At the bottom make sure to check Make trigger and Make effect, you need this also. If you dont or forget to its ok. Just re-click the ground tile and re-open the mission menu and pick create new trigger or effect if you need and make sure its connected to your mission. Also name your triggers and effects something related to the mission makes this so much easier. Kinda like Test portal effect, or Test portal Trigger

Spoiler

.Mission_3_zpsr0wansfo.png

-Step 5 Trigger

Next screen you'll see is this one. Make sure the on action performed is set to "Step on" thats the action that triggers the Trigger. Next if you have the item/tile/NPC in your target selected bar then you can choose "Action Performed on target|Use Current Target Box". Seconds to trigger is for how long till you want the action to happen I pick 1 just cause I dont know if 0 works...didnt try it. Next mission affected is what mission is this affect/ gonna be part of. Put your mission name here you made.

Spoiler

Portal%20trigger_1_zps2aua9hmk.png 

-Step 6a. Effect

Next screen is for the effect that happens from the trigger this is the action part if you will. First part to pay attention to is box called Trigger. Here youll make it say the name you choose to save your trigger as, hope you remember'd to name it some thing along the lines of the mission, cause after about 20 or so more missions its gonna be a nightmare to find this puppy. Now ignore everything till you see Teleport/Special Effect X,Y- here is where you will put the coordinates for were you want to end up, or the other side of the portal if you will. You can get these by using  your GM wand and clicking a ground tile were you want it to be and go to -specials -get coordinates. Make sure Surface = True or you'll end up underground or dead.

Spoiler

Effect_1_zpsgjivdljq.png

-Step 6b Effect

This is same effect box just the bottom part as you scroll down it. Again make the Mission Effected is set to your mission name you picked. Then put mission stat changed to 100. This will let it know this is the end or finish of the mission. Next I highlighted Text to display it makes a pop up box with what ever text you put here.

Spoiler

Effect_2_zps1vt4piy2.png

-Step 7 Finished "YEAH!"

Heres what the pop-up looks like. Im no michelangelo but heres some art to.

Spoiler

Finish%20Portal_zpslgnp1sld.png

I asked and asked got tired of waiting so this is for all of you looking to make a portal back to starting towns from your deeds or to the outskits maybe were your alters are in the deep wilds or a Island miles off shore. Either way hope it helps the community learn this Beast of a mission editor a little more.

Edited by lucifier
  • Like 3

Id work on that but atm im only workling with the one server im on atm. Its hosted by Bluefang I think. But if some one wanted to try and link with me id be more than willing to give it a go. 

You can already teleport across servers, you just have to set it up in the dedicated server GUI. its already hard coded in the game. 

22 hours ago, metis said:

You can already teleport across servers, you just have to set it up in the dedicated server GUI. its already hard coded in the game. 

Not with portals at the moment... I don't know if you can do so with mission scripts yet either.

Hmm Followed this walk through exactly but could not get myself to teleport to other location. Is there a bug or somthing your leaving out. Has anyone else got this to work.

Did you make sure your trigger is associated with your mission and your Effect is associated with your trigger, also make sure step 6a is correct on yours, Let me know if you have issues still..

Yes when I look at the mission screens they look exactly like yours do..except I have coordinates for my squares listed and I used the target use current like you did. However.. I cannot in any way get the tile to be a targeted item. I simply highlighted it then check the box then double clicked the tile again and hit finsih and when I go back into it there are numbers in the box But How do I confirm its that tiles numbers..?

Or better yet how do I target a tile ..besides simply putting my mouse on it and highlighting it. Cause I then have to move mouse to check options and its no longer hilighted..

you can get tile location numbers by useing your GM wand.  Double click the tile you need the cords from, make sure it shows in your target box info. Then go to speacials then get cords.

Edited by lucifier

Hmm No I know how to get a tiles coordinates. BUT what I dont know is how to be sure the numbers in your box in screen shot #5 under Use ID. (the numbers to the right ) where do you get those numbers from. 

I know I have numbers in mine also but they only showed up there on there own after I hit Send on that screen. I went back into it and they were there. BUT where do they come from. Im thinking thats my issue as I dont know where you get those numbers from.

Also you use the term Target box..??? The only target box I know of is the one for Hostiel creatures where you can target  them and they show up in that little target/no target window.

If you mean simply highlighting a square with your mouse and double clicking it and the states show up in the event chat field is the only other way I know..   ALSO does it matter that I am doing this while in GM mode as I am invisible and invulnerable.. Although I have tried both ways it didnt seem to matter,. I am also doing this in creative mode on my own machine server...if that matters....?

Uggg still cant get to work.. 

Thanks for your help by the way. There just has to be something else..?

use you GM wand click the tile or item and select gt info itll be in the info it shows you. Look for WurmID2132313123 or something

OK I have figured it out. Int the start of your Walk through at the top you need to add a little tid bit about how to setup things first. 

#1. YOU MUST HAVE EPIC SETTINGS TURNED ON.. otherwise none of the missions work.. 

Once I turned on epic settings all my missions started working INCLUDING yours. :)

The you can even go back and turn it back off afterward and they still work.

so you must have epic settings on to create and then turn it back off..

Got it working.

Thanks so much for this, the more examples we get of using the Mission Ruler the better :D

why are all the missions linked to the dang epic curve, i dont want epic curve! i like vanila WO!!, but seriously is there no way to get missions working on pve like in regular wo?

EDIT: nvm this seems to be working on my pve server

Edited by Aum

13 hours ago, Aum said:

why are all the missions linked to the dang epic curve, i dont want epic curve! i like vanila WO!!, but seriously is there no way to get missions working on pve like in regular wo?

EDIT: nvm this seems to be working on my pve server

If anyone is having problems with missions not working on non-epic servers there is a fix here: