Sign in to follow this  
Sizan

Bridge/connection between houses ?

In our village there are a few houses and they are only 1 tile away form each other and multi-stored. it would for sure look very nice and would moving between them comfortable to have connections between them on 1st or 2nd floor. Can this be done anyhow ? Maybe by making a bridge(i'm alone actually) or another way of connection ?

I've done it with a rope bridge. And you need a minimum of two people to construct any bridge. 

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1

ok, and is it enough to leave a tile space for the bridge and build the other walls on that floor, or do i need a door where i build the bridge ?

Edited by Sizan

Wall below the bridge needs to be solid (no arch/window/door), on stone bridges if more than 1 story above ground 2 floors need to be solid.

Floor with bridge needs either door, no wall plan or arch.

StaVDE6.jpg

• Like 1

There looks to be a limitation on the height of the building (number of floors) where a bridge is possible or the update today broke something. Two days ago I built an 8 tile bridge between 2 towers, 7 floors up with one person and no problems. Tried to build a longer bridge, 10 stories up but the range pole disappears from view after 6 tiles. As well the option is not there for a second person to  hold the range pole, the only option is to plant it, even if you uncheck or override that setting in feature management.

Dropped my bridge plan down to 4 stories above ground level and still cannot build a bridge between 2 buildings. Something in the update today broke it.  I can go the same height on the z axis and the same distance on terra firma with no problem but the range pole just disappears if you try between 2 buildings.

Update: Here is my scenario. 2 stone towers, 20 tiles apart, 10 floors up. I cannot plan a bridge between them as the range pole disappears after 6 tiles. I can however plan a sloped bridge from the ground level at one tower to the top of the other as long as the range pole is on the ground. Trying the reverse with the range pole on the top of the tower it is not possible.

Edited by Adramaleck
  • Like 1

The 6 tile view distance is a limitation for all items in a house. This might be something the devs have to look at so that a bridge can be built with one person between two houses that are farther than 6 tiles. I know that there are some items that have been made to be viewable from farther than 6 tiles, such as marble braziers.

To the OP, you can build a bridge between two houses (less than 6 tiles apart) with one player by planting the range pole on the tile you want the bridge to end and then walking to the tile you want the bridge to start and using the dioptra on the range pole.

• Like 1

OK so not sure about the 6 title limit but ive built bridges over 18 tiles and I did it solo with my gm toon. Basicly you need the 2 bridge tools the range pole and the dioptra thing. and then get a spy glass or use your gm ability SPY. Now just make sure your 2 spots, we'll call them spot a and b. Are level now as a gm use your target window bar and click the range pole and fly back to were side b is and use the dioptra if you need to adjust just use spy and re-click the range pole from your side. now build bridge.

Edited by lucifier

Correct Lucifer. You can build bridges up to 38 tiles solo when using the spy feature on the ebony wand. However it is not currently possible to do so between 2 buildings beyond the 6 tile limitation.

hmm what if you built a one sqaure house block as a pillar if you will every 6 tiles?

would that extend you enuf? youd have to make a ton of house's but it might get by the 6 title limit

Edited by lucifier

No I will have to wait for a fix. Your suggestion, although it would work, would not allow me to achieve the visual impact I am going for.

However I finally managed to build the bridge using two people, one holding the range pole which incidentally I had been using incorrectly. So after I bang my head on the desk a few times I can get back to work. it is just not possible to do it solo unless I am messing that up as well.

Edited by Adramaleck

thanks for the lots of answers..have another question depending crafting the tools..in one tool you need a compass..is it possible to use a newbie-compass in it or does it have to be a player crafted compass ?

To make the dioptra you can use a newbie compass, just make sure you have an extra. The only difference will be in the quality and material which will transfer to the dioptra. The higher the level/quality of components used to make the dioptra the higher the quality of the dioptra.

• Like 1