Sign in to follow this  
Zera

Tests to learn the Uncertain Things..

any list on wood type bonus / characteristics like decay rate, imp rate, longer burning, shorter burning some wood types are unknown ( if any )

On 4/8/2016 at 8:33 AM, Biervampyr said:

What i would like to know is if the armour smithing titles really give a boost at improving and how much this bonus is...

Looks like it gives a ~30% bonus.

final Titles.Title title = performer.getTitle();
                    if (title != null && title.getSkillId() == improve.getNumber() && (target.isArmour() || target.isCreatureWearableOnly())) {
                        mod *= 1.2999999523162842;
                    }

• Like 1

On 4/8/2016 at 6:59 AM, LorraineJ said:

I just remembered something I'm dying to have cleared up - if an animal is born with a bad trait and you remove it by Fo, I know it supposedly is less likely to pass on that bad trait, but does the animal retain the bad behavior? For example, I have a dog that was born with constantly hungry. I took that off, but I swear this dog eats more than a pig. Once and for all, does removing the trait take the badness off the animal, or just the offspring?

It nukes the trait completely, but some lingering effects might remain. For example "It has some illness" gradually reduces the body strength of the animal, once you remove the trait - it's strength is still reduced and will slowly recover back.

• Like 2

Genesis keeps the trait from being passed on to next generations.  It even says this in the text of the spell when you cast it.  If it is done as a foal, when it changes to a horse, the trait will be gone.  Guessing that is probly a bug though.  It doesn't do anything but remove the text from the horse though.  It still has seemed to have the trait even though you can't see the text.     This is what I have been able to see from my breeding and have been taught over the years from others.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bdew said:

Looks like it gives a ~30% bonus.

final Titles.Title title = performer.getTitle();
                    if (title != null && title.getSkillId() == improve.getNumber() && (target.isArmour() || target.isCreatureWearableOnly())) {
                        mod *= 1.2999999523162842;
                    }

Do i need to use the armour smith titles for that or the sub titles like master plate smith and thx a lot bdew :) 

/edit and would this be a possible mod for other skills like coalmaking where it doesnt matter if you use QO 90 mats with 90 skill and still get average 70Ql piles..?

Edited by Biervampyr

16 minutes ago, Pashka said:

Genesis keeps the trait from being passed on to next generations.  It even says this in the text of the spell when you cast it.  If it is done as a foal, when it changes to a horse, the trait will be gone.  Guessing that is probly a bug though.  It doesn't do anything but remove the text from the horse though.  It still has seemed to have the trait even though you can't see the text.     This is what I have been able to see from my breeding and have been taught over the years from others.

This is not what the code says. It could be that WO does something different than WU, but i highly doubt that.

From looking at the code, genesis fully removes traits. Once you let whatever lingering effects to fix themselves (like the lost strength from "some illness", that recovers at ~0.03 points per graze) a horse will have no difference from a horse that never had the effect to begin with.

If you cast it on a foal right after it's born, the strength loss wouldn't have the chance to apply as much, so it will also be faster to disappear.

20 minutes ago, Biervampyr said:

Do i need to use the armour smith titles for that or the sub titles like master plate smith

I think it uses the direct titles for the skill that created the item, so Leatherworking, Cloth Tailoring, Chain Armour Smithing and Plate Armour Smithing.

The "level" of the title doesn't matter, 50-level title will work the same as 90.

Also some people think it works for shields, from the code it doesn't seem to be the case.

24 minutes ago, Biervampyr said:

and would this be a possible mod for other skills like coalmaking where it doesnt matter if you use QO 90 mats with 90 skill and still get average 70Ql piles

Not really sure what you're asking. It could be possible to mod it to work for other skills when improving with some amount of pain in the rear invested :P

Since coalmaking is not used in improving - it wouldn't really help that. And just enabling imping for coal pile (which would be a lot easier) would probably fix the quality issue, unrelated to titles.

• Like 2

Very curious about the AS titles Bdew, I've spent a long time trying to sort out that info. In my last round of tests, using my PAS titles imped my shields faster then using my SS titles.

So I went totally wrong using [Armoursmith] title and not the relevant plate smith titles when imping plate? Too bad then being lazy to test what is written...

Since this seems to gather some interest, here's a full list of items and titles that give an imping bonus:

Interesting findings: Horseshoes and Saddles get a bonus from BS and LW titles, since they are counted in the same category as bardings.

basinet helm - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
black squire wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
blue common wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
blue foresters wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
blue peasant wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
blue squire wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
breast plate - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
bridle - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
brown bear helm - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
brown common wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
chain barding - Chainsmith, Renowned Chainsmith, Master Chainsmith
chain boot - Chainsmith, Renowned Chainsmith, Master Chainsmith
chain coif - Chainsmith, Renowned Chainsmith, Master Chainsmith
chain gauntlet - Chainsmith, Renowned Chainsmith, Master Chainsmith
chain jacket - Chainsmith, Renowned Chainsmith, Master Chainsmith
chain pants - Chainsmith, Renowned Chainsmith, Master Chainsmith
chain sleeve - Chainsmith, Renowned Chainsmith, Master Chainsmith
cloth barding - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
cloth glove - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
cloth hood - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
cloth jacket - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
cloth pants - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
cloth shirt - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
cloth shoe - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
cloth sleeve - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
common wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
dark common wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
dark foresters wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
dragon scale boot - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
dragon scale glove - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
dragon scale jacket - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
dragon scale pants - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
dragon scale sleeve - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
drake hide boot - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
drake hide cap - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
drake hide glove - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
drake hide jacket - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
drake hide pants - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
drake hide sleeve - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
foresters wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
great helm - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
green common wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
green foresters wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
green peasant wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
green squire wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
horse shoe - Blacksmith, Master Blacksmith, Renowned Blacksmith, Legendary Blacksmith, Epic Blacksmith
leather adventurer hat - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
leather barding - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
leather boot - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
leather cap - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
leather glove - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
leather jacket - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
leather pants - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
leather sleeve - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
open helm - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
peasant wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
plate gauntlet - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
plate leggings - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
plate sabaton - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
plate vambrace - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
red common wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
red foresters wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
red peasant wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
red squire wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
saddle - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
squire wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
studded leather boot - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
studded leather cap - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
studded leather glove - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
studded leather jacket - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
studded leather pants - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
studded leather sleeve - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
yellow peasant wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
yellow squire wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver

• Like 13

On 4/7/2016 at 4:08 PM, LaRue said:

Very interesting. Is Fighting skill gain based only on CR of the animal? I would think not; I don't think a hellhound gives more FS than a troll.

It is determined by the sum of the base CR and the bonus CR. The first number in that list is the base CR; the second number (if there is one) is the bonus CR. If there's no bonus listed, it defaults to 1. So this would put trolls at 12 base + 5 bonus = 17 total, and hellhounds at 14 base + 1 bonus = 15 total. Bonus CR doesn't seem to have any effect on the fight itself, just on how skillgain is calculated. Also note that animal conditions such as "angry", "greenish", etc. affect base CR (see below).

And what modifiers do age and conditions (champion, greenish, etc.) have?

For readability, I put it all in a Google spreadsheet, available here.

Oh, and I just have to ask: how are horse colors decided? Specifically, what are the chances of one of the new colors appearing? My experiments indicate that it's much lower than the five original colors.

It's sort of weird. Initially, there is only a 10% chance that the offspring will be a different color than the parents. Once this roll succeeds, the game does a separate roll for each color, in the following order: brown (33% chance), gold (33%), black (33%), white (33%), piebald pinto (16.7%), blood bay (8.3%),  and finally ebony black (4.2%). Once again, these rolls are done in order and it stops at the first successful roll. So in order to get ebony black, for example, you would have to fail all of the rolls before it and then succeed on ebony's 4.2% roll. So every time you breed a horse, the effective chances become: no change (91%), brown (3.3%), gold (2.2%), black (1.5%), white (1%), piebald (0.3%), blood bay (0.1%), ebony black (0.06%).

Edited by Fawkes
Corrected a small math error with breeding chances
  • Like 10

I have never understood why weapon smithing, still one of the hardest skills to raise does not have the bonus of using the titles when actively smithing.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Fawkes said:

It's sort of weird. Initially, there is only a 10% chance that the offspring will be a different color than the parents. Once this roll succeeds, the game does a separate roll for each color, in the following order: brown (25% chance), gold (25%), black (25%), white (25%), piebald pinto (14.2%), blood bay (7.7%),  and finally ebony black (4%). Once again, these rolls are done in order and it stops at the first successful roll. So in order to get ebony black, for example, you would have to fail all of the rolls before it and then succeed on ebony's 4% roll. So every time you breed a horse, the effective chances become: no change (92.5%), brown (2.5%), gold (1.875%), black (1.4%), white (1.05%), piebald (0.45%), blood bay (0.2%), ebony black (0.1%).

Thanks a lot - this info solves an old puzzle and puts an end to so many legends.

Regarding bonuses from using with titles up - Players may find this list a bit easier to follow:

Blackmithing:

horse shoe - Blacksmith, Master Blacksmith, Renowned Blacksmith, Legendary Blacksmith, Epic Blacksmith

Chain:
chain barding - Chainsmith, Renowned Chainsmith, Master Chainsmith
chain boot - Chainsmith, Renowned Chainsmith, Master Chainsmith
chain coif - Chainsmith, Renowned Chainsmith, Master Chainsmith
chain gauntlet - Chainsmith, Renowned Chainsmith, Master Chainsmith
chain jacket - Chainsmith, Renowned Chainsmith, Master Chainsmith
chain pants - Chainsmith, Renowned Chainsmith, Master Chainsmith
chain 1sleeve - Chainsmith, Renowned Chainsmith, Master Chainsmith

Cloth:

cloth barding - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver

cloth glove - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
cloth hood - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
cloth jacket - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
cloth pants - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
cloth shirt - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
cloth shoe - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver

cloth sleeve - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver

Leather:

bridle - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
brown bear helm - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner

leather adventurer hat - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
leather barding - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
leather boot - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
leather cap - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
leather glove - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
leather jacket - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
leather pants - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
leather sleeve - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner

saddle - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner

studded leather boot - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
studded leather cap - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
studded leather glove - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
studded leather jacket - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
studded leather pants - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
studded leather sleeve - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner

Leather / drake:

drake hide boot - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
drake hide cap - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
drake hide glove - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
drake hide jacket - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
drake hide pants - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner
drake hide sleeve - Tanner, Master Tanner, High Tanner, Master of the Hide, Epic Tanner

Plate:

basinet helm - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith

breast plate - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith

great helm - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith

open helm - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
plate gauntlet - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
plate leggings - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
plate sabaton - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
plate vambrace - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith

Plate / dragon scale:
dragon scale boot - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
dragon scale glove - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
dragon scale jacket - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
dragon scale pants - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith
dragon scale sleeve - Platesmith, Renowned Platesmith, Master Platesmith

Wool:

black squire wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
blue common wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
blue foresters wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
blue peasant wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
blue squire wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver

brown common wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver

common wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
dark common wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
dark foresters wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver

foresters wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
green common wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
green foresters wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
green peasant wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
green squire wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
peasant wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver

red common wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
red foresters wool hat - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
red peasant wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
red squire wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver

squire wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver

yellow peasant wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver
yellow squire wool cap - Tailor, Seamster, Dreamweaver

Such a pity that so many skills are left out - sheildsmithing, carpentry, alchemy, etc

Edit: and ofc, as Lancelot says - the most difficult of all, weaponsmithing !

Edited by Baloo
  • Like 4

Does any of the titles help any of the gathering skills?

EDIT: Master Farmer = 30% harvest :D (I wish)

Edited by Saicotic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Saicotic said:

Does any of the titles help any of the gathering skills?

noep.

ugh I'm ruined. Spent my last 2 days imping horseshoes. 30% went into the soup not using any of my BS titles :D

• Like 1

to add a bit - is it sure master titles work like the 50 skill ones? It seemed today that imping my armor the [Platesmith] title yielded higher imp rates than the [Master Platesmith] one. Empiric on low level sample though so can be totally wrong.

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

to add a bit - is it sure master titles work like the 50 skill ones? It seemed today that imping my armor the [Platesmith] title yielded higher imp rates than the [Master Platesmith] one. Empiric on low level sample though so can be totally wrong.

Yep. Here's the code:

if ((title != null) && (title.getSkillId() == improve.getNumber()) && (
            (target.isArmour()) || (target.isCreatureWearableOnly())))
            mod *= 1.2999999523162842D;

The Skill ID is the same for all three titles, so it should work regardless of which one you use.

• Like 3

I heard that:

Ebony black is a speed trait

The more you ride a horse, the more soul strength it gets, and soul strength affects use of speed traits

There is an ideal age for breeding, before and after this age it takes longer to recover for the next round

Are there actual numbers available for this? How much faster are the ebony horses, how long do I have to ride my horse for it to be noticeable, what is the idea age for breeding?

• Like 1

I would assume if anyone has bred one that they would have some sort of tests that show that it is faster than a normal horse with the same traits.  Anyone actually have one for any length of time able to do those tests?

there must be code that references horse speeds and colors?  Guessing 2 or 3 people are code diving right now to find out ;)  I really don't trust field testing in wurm.  There are so many rumors that we took as fact, which turned out to be completely wrong.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Pashka said:

I would assume if anyone has bred one that they would have some sort of tests that show that it is faster than a normal horse with the same traits.  Anyone actually have one for any length of time able to do those tests?

I have an ebony horse, and I would totally like to believe she is faster, but with the other variables in wurm given, it is too difficult to do any field testing.  (especially if the soul strength thing is true) I can confirm though the horse does not have magical rocket boosters and does not go faster than a hellhorse with the same traits :P

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

I have an ebony horse, and I would totally like to believe she is faster, but with the other variables in wurm given, it is too difficult to do any field testing.  (especially if the soul strength thing is true) I can confirm though the horse does not have magical rocket boosters and does not go faster than a hellhorse with the same traits :P

How can one tell an ebony from a black one, as i believe i have an ebonyalongside my piebald but i am not sure..till i can prove it.. ...heheh  magical horse breeder at husbandry 38 yeah right.. but i can dream..

OH EDIT: and about the forks spoons etc.. they make eating meals more conservative as in you use less food to fill i have found, but i guess the code will prove it right or wrong.. 

Edited by Psalamon

26 minutes ago, Psalamon said:

How can one tell an ebony from a black one, as i believe i have an ebonyalongside my piebald but i am not sure..till i can prove it.. ...heheh  magical horse breeder at husbandry 38 yeah right.. but i can dream..

OH EDIT: and about the forks spoons etc.. they make eating meals more conservative as in you use less food to fill i have found, but i guess the code will prove it right or wrong.. 

The regular black horse has a white stripe on the forehead. The ebony (jet black)  horses are far darker and don't have this white spot.

• Like 2

Does anybody know if bear rugs (lion rugs etc.) give the Leatherworking bonus if used with a leatherworking title?  

• Like 1