Sign in to follow this  
Gaul

Why people,WHyyy? Unwanted change.

Few remaining JK towers are the best, dev's please copy/paste then add some spikes to it.

I don't like it either but they might be updating all of them?

Granted some of the textures of the new tower look nice (especially the door); however, I agree the old tower on the whole was better looking imho.

Also it needs something on top... like a big fiery eye.

I don't mind the new look of the tower. I hope they will all get an update since the one has.

Tbh, I think it suits wurm a lot more than the old one. The other looked a little too animated/cartoony. Also the stonework is very similar to that of the colossus. I'd like to see a rework of that hideous JK tower next :)

x4jjn0P.jpg

Edited by Milosanx
  • Like 3

Personally I like the new one, however the real issue here is...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE ART TEAM ARE THEY ALLERGIC TO CHIEF ROBES??? 

Seriously at this point you have to wonder why on earth the art team is redesigning all these existing models and we still have things without ANY model! 

• Like 2

could be a bit darker (comon, it's Hots) and changing the upper spikes... to spikes ;)

I wish they would concentrate on making new stuff insyead of redesigning old stuff.

• Like 1

I think the new tower is good, it just needs to be darker. Not sure why they went with such a light shade of gray, for dark kingdoms...

Tbh, I think it suits wurm a lot more than the old one. The other looked a little too animated/cartoony. Also the stonework is very similar to that of the colossus. I'd like to see a rework of that hideous JK tower next :)

x4jjn0P.jpg

I dunno...seems even Vynora there is slowclapping

• Like 1

Revert, and then add the new tower as an optional tower design.

• Like 2

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone used the word 'revert' in these forums. And then I had to give it back if something actually got reverted. Man, I'd be RICH.  :lol:

• Like 1

Those spikes could use a bit of work but overall i dig it.

Also dat road. eww.

You ask why? Why because they are both ugly, with perhaps the newer model just being a blander version of that ugliness.

=Ayes=

Makes sense to update with new texture/model, but why bother making one random change to the actual structure of the model?  Why not just re-texture/whatever it so that it looks newer and nicer, but not change the actual structure/elements of the model?

Just update the older model's graphics instead of making one random change to the structure.

21 hours ago, The Mighty Emoo said:

Personally I like the new one, however the real issue here is...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE ART TEAM ARE THEY ALLERGIC TO CHIEF ROBES??? 

Seriously at this point you have to wonder why on earth the art team is redesigning all these existing models and we still have things without ANY model! 

AND THE SUMMER HATS!? WHAT ABOUT OUR SUMMER HATS!?

OH CRAP!!! IVE BEEN EXPOSED TO CORNCHIPS TOO MUCH!!!

IT ITCHES!

• Like 1

Change it back, pitiful creature! Libila whispers a dark and foreboding future if her kingdom is saddled with this strange tower. 

But seriously, this is the only tower I've known for over 10 years and when I logged on to WU, I thought, "Cool, the towers are still the same". (Until tonight) Hell, even the bear sounds are the same, please listen to your subscribers and bring back the old model, this new one looks silly when we are supposed to be fierce.

I first posted in the WU area, I don't see why we can't have it back there. After my post here I logged back in to take a closer look. Being GM for so many years and working with some of the graphic devs, I used to take a close look at things. I just flew up to the top of this new tower and the trap door is fake. You hover down and there is no door showing on the bottom side. Then I noticed it's only a 2 story tower when the other one was 3 stories. Also, the walls are invisible from the inside and no opening between floors so no where for the ladder to go. You look up from the bottom and see a trap door, hover up and go through it, no door on the 2nd story floor. Then there's the windows. The old towers were more detailed and correct, you could see through the windows out, but these are fake, when you fly up, there's no wall at all much less a window. 

I do like that the banner shows up better than the old one, but overall, this new tower is a lot lower quality and I know you guys can do better, I've seen your better. (Don't make me scream BL nerf!)  lol j/k  :p

• Like 2