Sign in to follow this  
hatredzpain

Creative vs adventure question

First question is can I use player made maps in adventure mode? Seems like everytime I try it switches the server to creative mode.

Second question in adventure mode I find random items laying around and some in altars I have found, which I really enjoy because I'm playing single player for now , does creative randomly spawn items to find like that.

Basically what I want to do is play adventure mode on a diffent map, the one that is created for it is a pain to maneuver around, to many water gaps where I have to get off and swim the horse across, it's a good map but not really good for single player

• Like 1

The towns and roads and things are hand placed by GM's, these are not procedurally generated.  

Water gaps are because of PVP it keeps enemies more isolated yet easier to see when they are coming for you.

I understand the water the way it is for pvp it's what I would want , But as for Npc and starter towns I would have to make my own it looks like. What about random items like I found a pile of items just laying on the ground it had a bow and some arrows, would that stuff still spawn like that

The Adventure map was constructed before release, so items found lying around have been placed there at some point in the setting up of the map.

The map is actually just a creative map with missions, towns and items already placed to give some goals and a sense that the map is 'lived in'.

To make another adventure map you'd have to work on a custom map to provide all those things for others to play, including the towns, items and missions.

• Like 2