Sign in to follow this  
Miretta

Is there gonna be a world war 3?

that is why I'm mainly asking questions ALOT of them, since our brain is pretty good in finding contradictions, so reading whatever is out there no matter what, as much as one can and digest, just helps to find the truth. 

In my opinion, people need to start thinking for themselves...it doesn't really matter to what conclusions people come through that, but I'm feeling certain that if people allow themselves to think beyond of what we are being told to think and if we are willing to question everything we know and believe that we will come to similar conclusions....

I'm not talking here to tell everyone to hate Governments...or to hate war...or to be this and that, I want to know what people think, I want to know how people feel about it, I want to know alot of different viewpoints, so i can make my own image of this world and the people in it....

I agree with you on that 100%. Shame most people do not want to do that though. People want to be told what to think and do. They want the easy, no hassle answers. That's one of the reasons why we've ended up in this situation in the first place.

• Like 1

Everyone is guilty of some crime and say it was justified. But really there are two options. 1. You either just lay down and beg for peace and take the casualties that you take. 2 you go in to win and kill anyone that fly's that flag or in this case is of that religion. To fight a monster you become one and if you not willing to do what it takes to win, you will just die. Its the sad truth but it is exactly that the truth. Not all Muslims are bs but the religion is or at least the way most people see it. Sure not all are fighting but when people get together and chant death to America and burn flags , or kill innocent kids they just stand there and go with it. There for they are all bad and just as guilty as the other. You burn them and any man woman or chip that stand with them and you don't stop until there are no more cities or people openly saying they are Muslim. But to commit to this you would have to go through with it because once you start there is no stopping and turning around. Either way god help us all

Sorry, but you can't say the muslim religion is bs then end with 'god help us all'.

Religion should be kept 100% separate from any decision making and politics.

You're free to believe whatever fairy tales you want and that's great. But don't make important decisions, that affect more than yourself based on them.

• Like 1

I wonder though, children seem to be full of questions, but from what I could see is that they are being bashed down for that..."don't ask so many questions" "it's just the way it is" "you are too young to understand that" 
and in school it's no different, so often questions are supposed to just have ONE answer and everything else is considered false...and you have to memorize, you can't just go and figure out your own way of how to solve questions...etc. it's pretty messed up

• Like 2

Children often come to the wrong conclusions if left to form their own opinions of complicated issues. It's a simple lack of maturity and real world understanding. Even simpler, parents want to shield their kids as long as possible from the horrors of the real world.

They'll get their turn as we all have and then they can make up their own minds about things.

Or .. you fill their heads with your views and opinions and they translate that into gospel and repeat it on the internet when a different view is put in front of them.

End of the day, rightly or wrongly, the majority usually get their way and the majority are usually in the right and when they aren't it's usually only revealed in hindsight.

I wonder though, children seem to be full of questions, but from what I could see is that they are being bashed down for that..."don't ask so many questions" "it's just the way it is" "you are too young to understand that" 

and in school it's no different, so often questions are supposed to just have ONE answer and everything else is considered false...and you have to memorize, you can't just go and figure out your own way of how to solve questions...etc. it's pretty messed up

Because the parents/teachers don't know the answers to their questions and that makes them feel uncomfortable that a child can ask questions they do not know the answer to. Also, school/education is a mess. It's just a glorified day-care center for the most part. Teachers have so many restrictions placed on them, that the focus on is passing exams and keep quiet rather than learning anything useful.

Eventually the children get tired being told to shut up and stop asking questions that they do stop asking and the cycle continues.

There could be something good come out of all of this though.

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/6697292/70307f04/russen_willen_vrienden_worden.html

Wouldn't have seen Russians hold out their hand and offer a truce/friendship a few years ago even.

If only we could reach amicable terms with them, that could be a huge turning point.

• Like 1

edit: I should not judge...

anyone having any ideas what we could do though? how to prevent this whole war thing? (im not meaning the isis war now) what to do to help people understand and stop hating each other? what to do to open peoples eyes?

the only thing im trying to learn is trying to be non judgemental...trying to be more accepting of how people are and not try to actively change anyones opinion...trying to not force my opinion on others, trying to generalize less....etc.

Edited by Miretta

Why?

I'm not. It'd be great if children really did have the capacity at an early age to formulate independant conclusions but that simply doesn't happen. They are exposed, even if indirectly to their parents predudices and outlook on the world. This varies dependant on other environmental factors such as birthplace, economic outlook etc and now with easy access to the internet a global arena to seek out and explore other peoples ideas.

It's only when you reach a certain level of maturity you're able to actually think for yourself and rationally explore alternative ideas but by this time you are probably already predudiced by other factors to the point where your opinion isn't really going to vary much from those around you. The only exceptions to this are usually those who look to be different in order to rebel rather than because of an intrinsic difference in mindset.

Of course, there are the exceptions but few of them ever get in a position to lead a movement or challenge conformist thinking in a way that actually leads to change.

Tis regular human nature stuff is all.

But back on topic ... IS is bad and the sooner they are put down the better the world will be .. even if it's only until the next monster rears it's head.

• Like 1

It's only when you reach a certain level of maturity you're able to actually think for yourself and rationally explore alternative ideas but by this time you are probably already predudiced by other factors to the point where your opinion isn't really going to vary much from those around you.

Also a lot of things become 'necessary' to survive in whatever place you live and it shapes your life/outlook whether you want it to or not which is a shame.

Personally, I'd rather not do or use a lot of things we have. I've tried staying away from facebook/twitter etc and even mobile phones and placing a lot of personal information online or in the hands on companies I don't trust to keep it safe.

Found out that even making minor decisions like that are nearly impossible... I was recently looking for a new job and you can't even apply for a job these days without having an email account, mobile phone, registering a lot of personal info to a bunch of different websites (you dunno who is running them etc) and it really bugs me. Even just having a different opinion about some things can stop you being able to survive in western culture...it's not as 'free' as you think. (Think things like dress code, tattoos, talking about 'taboo' subjects in public...even just talking in a different language can get you in some serious trouble)

That's why I love the anonymity and freedom we have online. It's the one place where you can do whatever you want, say whatever you want and it be allowed. Just a shame the majority of websites force you to give up that anonymity in order to register and use their services. (Fully within their right to do so, it's a private business/website...just a shame more people don't 'get it')

How to prevent war?

Simple, get rid of religion and reliance on dwindling resources. Then you need a cataclysm for the world as a whole to unite behind to force us to evolve beyond the need for squabbling with our neighbours.

Probably not going to happen any time soon.

Edited by Busted
  • Like 1

How to prevent war?

Simple, get rid of religion and reliance on dwindling resources. Then you need a cataclysm for the world as a whole to unite behind to force us to evolve beyond the need for squabbling with our neighbours.

Why are people going crazy as you say IS is? or what makes them? what environment flourishes such mindset?

When you get a large group of young men with no prospects and someone shouting "Here, this is the way to everything you've ever dreamed of! Look, here are the people that wronged you and this is how to get revenge!"

Why is war seen as the only option? It has immediate, statistical 'proof' that something is being done and we are achieving something. It's also dramatic and something people can rally behind.

Most people are terrible at 'playing the long game' and making decisions that don't have any outcome beyond a few days even, nevermind years or even beyond their lifetime. (I know I am definitely guilty of this)

The world needs to rid itself of religion one way or another. I forget who said it but there is a quote along the lines of 'Religion is the only way to make good men do bad things'. By religion here, I'm not only talking about your typical 'God' based religion, but also any belief that you have some form of 'divine knowledge, right, insight or morals' based on something otherworldly etc.

Taking action based on anything other than facts is insane...and we have history to prove it. (Witch hunts etc)

The sooner we get rid of that, the sooner we can start SERIOUS conversation about things that actually matter, without people obstructing our progression.

Please note, that by 'get rid of' I do not mean ban, outlaw (heh) or criminalize it...I simply mean to remove it from debate, politics, science and business. It has no place there and only hinders everything. People are more than welcome to practice whatever religion they wish in their own homes, but not use it to influence the decisions and lives of others. Pretty simple really.

Someone who believes in something that pushes them to blow ... innocent people up should be killed before they have the chance to do so. (And believes they are 100% justified and moral in doing so)

TL;DR Can't fight crazy with logic and reason.

• Like 1

I do not have a clue how to solve these problems but I openly admit this.

The problem is that Governments are led by people who are told that their ideas are correct even if they are not. The result is carnage with most of it being inflicted on those that least deserve it.

Perhaps if our leaders (of all creeds- and none) had more of an understanding of history (both ancient and modern)they would be less tempted to lead us into conflicts that no-one can win but the weapon merchants and the grave-diggers.

But that's what BOTH sides think. That's exactly how we GOT here. By bombing people including civilians if they "oppose" us in any way, by overthrowing democratic governments in favor of dictators that would support our policies.  

If you think the conflict is all about religion, you have not been paying any attention to American politics for the past 50+ years. 

Edited by Outlaw

How to prevent war?

This is it in a nutshell, sadly.

As for WW3, I hope not but history has a funny way of repeating itself. We have yet to face 50 years without war.

I think the better question is When Is world war 3

The day after Valve releases Half Life 3

It really depends on what you define 'world war 3' as I suppose.

Is Eu/US/Russia attacking Syria and possibly other middle eastern countries classed as WW3?

If so, it's already happening and has been happening for decades.

Or only if say China gets involved too?

The sad truth is that if you don't retaliate, they won't stop attacking. They might even pick up the pace and do it more if they know they can kill your people with no reprisals.

if they have a way to do a manly war, they won't do it this way blowing in the middle of civilians. They know anything about theirs 'enemies lieaders' are so protected from the technology they have. 

I don't think there is a way to stop the war we got now but that is because I am one person thinking. We do have programs to make people tolerate diff race, religions, etc like student exchange and internet but it is a slow process. We prolly will be killing each others before it reap global effect.

Tbh, I think we should stop using the word 'terror/terrorist/terrorism'. It gives too much weight to their actions. Also, we shouldn't be terrified of them...not yet anyway. I mean, chances of being killed is so slim, more people die falling down their stairs at home every year.

Like I said earlier, they are attacking people who didn't even have anything to do with it. Doesn't matter if our governments did/did not provoke them etc...the people of Paris didn't do it. (Nor did they have the power to stop whatever their governments may or may not have done.)

I think it's pretty fair and morally justified to kill someone who killed an innocent bystander. Take someones rights away, you give yours up too. (Also the only way to stop someone doing it again)

I bolded the key.

That statement is within each violent aggression.

After the recent violence in Paris.. France is now dropping bombs, and that key sentence is valid for it too. So it was valid for each iteration of aggression.

When I was a kid and had someone shove me a little bit, so I shove them a bit back. (there is specific cognitive bias in play why each iteration such as this is stronger than prior) 

First shove was so small, so meaningless. But perhaps I wanted to be a bit upset, perhaps it was a bad day, didnt sleep enough perhaps. First shove was not intended to harm, and it didnt harm. My "retaliation" was also small, so small, so meaningless, but it had changed, it was delivered with intent. That is when it gets out of hand, every action since then is with intent.

With the past 30+ years with the level of cognitive capacity to grasp/comprehend the minimal of whats transpiring in our world, I see nothing but just more complex versions of this same phenomena.

You start with something small, which could even been unintended and in the end you have world war in your hands.

Continuing iterating the violence seems like it would be "acting to correct it". But its based on the premises of total annihilation of opponent to the extent of totally annihilating all and everyone who would rise up and retaliate.

Sadly, in our reality... we "sort of" share common ancestor, so the ultimate solution in which the violence will resolve itself is when only last of us is left alive, disagreeing with him/herself about the wisdom of our decisions.

• Like 2

Yeah, I agree Raybarg, those airstrikes are bound to hit innocent bystanders too.

I guess it depends on what you class as innocent at this point though.

Not all civilians are innocent, I'm sure there is probably ways you can say none of us in the west are innocent because we let things continue or don't try to stop it...same for the civilians in Syria.

Does them harboring ISIS members/leaders mean they are no longer innocent?

Because of the fear they live in due to repercussions if they do 'snitch' on ISIS members mean they have cause to not do so and let it continue?

These points work on both sides.

At some point though, someone will bring up the whole 'greater good' thing though and say 'well, if we have to kill 500 of their civilians to protect 1000 of ours...that's a fair trade'.

It is a complete mess of philosophy and moral equations when you boil it all down.

The problem is, pacifists get walked all over by those willing to commit violence. (Whether that means initiating violence or retaliation/defence)

I personally go by the 'initiation of force' stance that initiating any means of force is wrong. That's what makes this situation so difficult for me...it's impossible to counter-act without injuring (take that to mean anything from bodily harm to interrupting someones daily life) 'innocent' people. The only way I can justify it to myself is that 'the other side initiated the force and placed me in this position, so the blood is on their hands not mine'...which only works if you know who started it and why...which I don't. But at the same time, inaction is just as bad as taking the wrong action. Therefore, I've got no idea what to do at all.

Also...please stop calling these terrorists cowards. They are definitely not cowards and it pains me to hear the media call them that every time. It underestimates the 'enemy' and makes the situation sound like it will be easier to resolve than it is. These men and woman don't even falter in the face of imminent death...that is pretty much the ultimate soldier we are fighting. Highly trained, well equipped, organized and fearless.

They are attempting to fight a much larger army/establishment...the best way to do so is their style of guerrilla warfare, as shown all throughout history. (French resistance during WW2, vietnam, IRA in ireland etc) They use these 'hit and run' tactics, not because they are cowards, but because it is what works best. 

(Please do not read this as me praising them...but rather acknowledging them for the threat that they are)

Right as we're speaking, two projectiles fall into a territory in war.

One's probably a missile somewhere in Syria. It's fired from an airplane either from Russia or US targeting an ISIS or whatever target. The other's a rock shards fired from a catapult. It is probably targeting a location in either Epic or Chaos.

We live in a world of contradictions and inequalities where people strive to control as much resources as possible while depriving everything from their fellow man. There exist people who protest about not having food or shelter, while there are people who protest because premium is 16 euro instead of 10. Inequalities create tension. When people are not living good, they look for something to blame.

That's how fanaticism and hatriot is born.

That's how enemies are born.

That's how wars get started.

The question's not if, but when.

Edited by ElvenElder