Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

Mine doors, permissions, and their removal.

People with permission to fully manage a mine door should also have the option to remove the door from the cave entrance. It makes no sense to have to bash a mine door off. It should be able to be unhinged and lifted off. Give it a long timer or something but bashing an 8200 hitpoint steel door is not a fun way to spend the day.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 3

Since the person can remove the door and replace it with a door of their own, it would in effect mean anyone you give ok to "manage" a door, also has the ability to take over ownership of it and lock you out.

I know that is not likely to happen in the case you are ferring to, but it pretty much adds "transfer ownership" to the "Manage" options.   An example of where this could have problems -- you make a community mine and let all local mayors have "Manage" permissions so they can add their own villagers to enter. Now if two mayors have a fight, one can "seize" the mine, and lock everyone else out by replacing the door, so that even the person who made the mine no longer has access. 

"People do things like that"

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Perhaps a better solution would be to give the owner a destroy option, like buildings have - that way, she has an easy way to get rid of it if desired, but those with manage options can't cause shenanigans (at least, not like that, anyway).

• Like 2

Yep. Owner would be best. I was a bit miffed when I worded the OP. LOL

I am a little curious as the situation that led to the bashing a 8200hp steel door...

Other than that, all for it.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2015, 6:42:56, Klaa said:

I am a little curious as the situation that led to the bashing a 8200hp steel door...

Other than that, all for it.

The release white dragon? It needed contained. All that was on hand was an 82QL steel door. LOL