Sign in to follow this  
Necromateur

Can I Implement HoTa on Creative Server w/o Epic Enabled?

I know that I can't create missions using a 'creative server' that isn't set to Epic Settings, but I was wondering if that also prevents me from doing the HoTa - that of which I am not too familiar with anyway. 

If so, can someone link to a nice guide for me (the gm of the server) to get that started?

You can make a HOTA zone without Epic settings, yes.

It's a focus zone command, and needs an ebony wand, so your GM needs to be Arch or above, (I usually just go for level 5 anyway).

Find a reasonable patch of land, flat is good, and with the ebony wand active, right click another item, (I usually use an ivory wand, since some commands will only work when the item is an ebony wand, changing kingdoms for instance). Open the Focus Zone dialog, and set the top dropdown to Hota Zone, then decide how large you want it, I've had them work fine as small as 50x50, it's pretty much up to you. Name it, 'HOTA Zone' is usually a good choice, because unlike the flatten, walls or house commands, the HOTA Zone is stored, so it can be deleted as well.

That is pretty much it for setting up a HOTA zone really.

A bug you may encounter is when the first three pillars spawn, but as you capture them no new pillars spawn, meaning you cannot complete the HOTA, only way around this is to delete the HOTA Zone and place it again, (this is the reason my HOTA zones have a slab or statue placed where I made it the first time, for convenience when I have to delete and place it again.

It's normal for HOTA to only spawn three pillars when it starts however, the other pillars are supposed to spawn when one is captured, so don't assume it's bugged when only 3 pillars spawn at the start.

For the purposes of testing, I just set up a working HOTA zone on a PVE server, so Epic settings are not required.

Edited by Zenity
  • Like 1