Sign in to follow this  
Valentino

Random planned walls appeared ?

Hi all, I just created a large building, but it now has some random (quite a few of them) planned walls around.

If I right click them it just loops on refreshing until i click on something else, Also rather than them saying in the brackets (Wooden wall plan) these ones say (missing wall).

I cannot get rid of them at all, I can plan a wall over them, then get rid of it, and the strange wall also vanishes, but...when i relog, the wall is back again, I probably have about 20 of these altogether.

Anyone had this happen before and has a solution please ? :)

Have you done any modding on your common.jar file? I had that happen ones. replaced the common.jar file and it worked again

No, not done any modding mate.

Its when i create a focus zone, make it a stone building, make a very large building, remove all the roof, then the floor, then all the walls. Then I remove parts of the building to shape it to how I want. When its shaped I relog and then I have lots of these bugged walls around that I cannot get rid of.

I have made a couple of other very large buildings this way and had no problems at all.

Not too sure if its the sheer size. Building size is 31x17. The other ones were a bit smaller though.

If the ghost walls are occurring in that LBCast that you planned on your stream vids, I think the reason is because you plan the house in an uneven terrain.

Try leveling the entire area, plan the house, remove the unwanted sections and then redoing the terraforming.

While using the focus zone feature as a GM allow you to overcome the flattened requirement, it does it with the cost of getting a buged house.

You also might remove the zone after it constructs the building... it might be trying to keep the parts you removed because of the zone data.

I thought it might be the uneven ground myself to be honest Kunalt, but I tried a smaller building (still big) on the same terrain and that worked.

That is possible Llurendt, but the ones I have made upto now and removed pieces have not had that problem.

I have currently made 3 seperate buildings, which are really not ideal, so I may just give it one more try on even ground and removing the zone after :)

Thanks very much both of you, greatly appreciate the feedback.

Ok, well im streaming again now, I just destroyed the 3 I had made, raised the ground and placed the huge building, now to remove all the roof, floor walls etc and see if this works :)

Ok built it on flat ground, and removed 2 rows of tiles and all was going well, as soon as I removed the 3rd row, the ghost tiles appeared, I checked o nthe settlement plan also, and they are not there.

So Im still stumped :(