Sign in to follow this  
Laerck

To whomever dug and built an altar area along my perimeter

I'm trying to get in contact with whomever dug on my perimeter to build an altar area for whatever reason, in the hopes of just starting a friendly conversation, I have no interest in making enemies.

I'm located at Q10 deed named Cloud City, and have been gone for a bit more than a week (maybe two), and came back to find that someone had moved roughly 200 dirt along my perimeter (at what was a sand pit I frequently used and wanted to keep open to the public), and this person built 10 60ql roundpole fences and dropped two 14ql gold altars right in the middle but didnt lock either of the gates so I'm assuming they wanted to keep this altar area public.

The area in question was right next to my deed border(litterally one tile off), so you by no means broke any rules however it would have been appreciated if you had contacted me here on the forums as a courtesy. As you can see by the pictures below I saw no reason to deed this area as I live in a fairly unpopulated area far away from any notable deeds or starter towns (i.e I rarely see anyone in local) and had no reason to think that someone would want to put that much effort into terraforming and building something so close to my deed when there is so much open space available in the area (Xanadu is after all a huge, mostly unpopulated sever). Since I do want to keep this area as a sand pit, I've destroyed all the fences and the altars and have deeded over the area for now (I do eventually want to turn this back into a public sand pit for anyone to use). If you are or know the person that did this just get in touch with me here, like I said I have no interest in making enemies and would be willing to pay you to return all the dirt/sand you moved.

Pictures in the spolier below.

I took these after I had already started destroying everything. I'm primarily curious why anyone would put so much effort into moving all the dirt to build this when there is so much free space right by here.what.png

what2.png

Edited by Laerck

could they be planning a bridge? Which deities were the altars for?

I don't think they can actually plan a bridge IN your perimeter however. Does it look like a tunnel/canal project? I think those can be done on perimeter without getting permissions.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

No, they weren't building a bridge (and obviously no tunnels as there is nowhere to go), as you can see in the pictures they just removed about 200 dirt down to water level, built the fences, and left the altars (to Vynora and Nahjo btw). 

And from the second picture if you just walk up that slope you will be in my deed, and see the entirety of it.

Edited by Laerck

Hmm did you check with neighbors to see if they know anything?

From the map ot looks like Dragon's Lair is close and according to forums the deed owner there has been around this past week

It may not have been them but they might have noticed a nzame inn local area recently.

(Maybe this was on the opposite side but they still might have noticed activity in the area)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Yeah, first thing I did was check with my neighbors and they saw nothing. I primarily dont want to anger anyone because I removed all their work, and have them come back and do things that will disrupt me and/or my neighbors, which is why I'm trying to get in touch with them and offering to pay them to return the sand/dirt.

I just noticed this post, the name Cloud City seemed familiar and so do the screenshots. After checking my logs I found there was a Kyklops fight on 29th October meet up point was Cloud City. There was a lot of people around and it looks like the area was setup as a sermon zone and safe pen for alts. I don't know who built it but it's safe to say they won't be upset by anything you do to restore the area :)

• Like 4

I can confirm this was the area where people met for a kyklops kill.