ago

[RELEASED] Client mod loader

36 minutes ago, Kilted_Archer said:
      "Instructions

* Unzip the contents of client-modlauncher-<version>.zip into the "WurmLauncher" folder

* Unzip the contents of the individual mods you want to run into the "WurmLauncher" folder. This adds the required .properties files to enable the mods.

* Run patcher.bat

* Start Wurm from Steam"

Need Help : Emm . . What if you have NO "WurmLauncher" folder with in the  Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server folder ?  Can I just create one there (safely), and then follow the instructions above ?

BTW - What else is supposed to be in that folder ("WurmLauncher" folder), if anything ?

PS - Also, can I put the "server-modlauncher" in it's own folder also ?

(it seems a bit worrisome to just drop it in among all those other files in the directory & a bit of a 'pain-in-the-arse' to find & remove them all, if need be).

I would be happy for anyone's input on this, I know mod creator's are very busy people, and we appreciate them ? !

The folder name for the dedicated folder is "Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server" and it can be found in your "steamapps\common" folder.  The WurmLauncher folder is for the client. It is in "steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited". The client also has a server included with it which can be found WurmServerLauncher in the same location as WurmLauncher. 

Your client modlauncher must go into the client folder so you will want to extract all the files into the WurmLauncher folder as located above then run "patcher.bat" (on Windows) or "patcher.sh" (linux).

The server modlauncher must go into the dedicated server folder or the WurmServerLauncher inside your Wurm Unlimited folder as located above. The same applies to patching the server with either the patcher.bat or patcher.sh.

It won't harm your files. If at any time you want to remove the modlauncher, you can simply repair your installation from the properties tab via Steam.

EDIT: Additional Information

You can also pin these folders into File Explorer quick access for fast access without having to navigate to them. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027032/windows-pin-remove-and-customize-in-quick-access

Edited by Audrel

In other words, this is the CLIENT mod patch.  You do not install it on a SERVER.  :)  

Edited by Ricowan
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ricowan said:

In other words, this is the CLIENT mod patch.  You do not install it on a SERVER.  :)  

Heh yeah, I guess I overkilled the question, eh?

@Audrel - Thank You for your explanation !?

Actually, the long answer is the better answer. When some one like me is getting confused, it's why I asked the question as I did.

@Ricowan - your 'answer' didn't really answer my question. If your reply had been the only one posted, I'd still be confused.

My original query, was where is the "Wurm Launcher" folder located, as the original instructions did not include that . Not all of "us" players are technically inclined.

Perhaps I should have said " I'm new to modding this game , so please do not assume I know where everything is supposed to be found . "

Now , just to make sure I understand :

1 -   Steam > SteamApps > common  = 2 folders :

Wurm Unlimited folder  is the "client" correct ? Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server folder is the Server (obviously )

See , when I went to Steam, and opened the local files for the game ( as instructed in a tutorial on adding the mod loaders to your game ), the only file that opened, was the Dedicated Server folder. Didn't even know there was another folder available ? ! Hence , the confusion with the  first 2 lines of the instructions (which would have been better to say that the "Wurm Launcher folder" was located in the "Wurm Unlimited" folder ) which would have made me realize there was another folder . Sometimes short-cuts aren't always helpful.

Well, it's getting late, and I'm too tired to muck this out now. I'll look at it tomorrow.  Anyway, THANKS for the replies !?

2 hours ago, Kilted_Archer said:

@Audrel - Thank You for your explanation !?

Actually, the long answer is the better answer. When some one like me is getting confused, it's why I asked the question as I did.

@Ricowan - your 'answer' didn't really answer my question. If your reply had been the only one posted, I'd still be confused.

My original query, was where is the "Wurm Launcher" folder located, as the original instructions did not include that . Not all of "us" players are technically inclined.

Perhaps I should have said " I'm new to modding this game , so please do not assume I know where everything is supposed to be found . "

Wurm Unlimited folder  is the "client" correct ? Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server folder is the Server (obviously )

See , when I went to Steam, and opened the local files for the game ( as instructed in a tutorial on adding the mod loaders to your game ), the only file that opened, was the Dedicated Server folder. Didn't even know there was another folder available ? ! Hence , the confusion with the  first 2 lines of the instructions (which would have been better to say that the "Wurm Launcher folder" was located in the "Wurm Unlimited" folder ) which would have made me realize there was another folder . Sometimes short-cuts aren't always helpful.

Well, it's getting late, and I'm too tired to muck this out now. I'll look at it tomorrow.  Anyway, THANKS for the replies !?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kilted_Archer said:

Yes, exactly.  But remember that the client in actually nested inside the Wurm Unlimited folder. ..\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher

Also, when you browse for mods, I would suggest using this list:

It has the mods listed that are working vs not working in the latest release. Installing outdated mods will most definitely crash your server and/or your client.

Edited by Audrel

@Ayluin -

Thanks for the link to the video. Is there one of installing the "Server Mod Loader" ?

There are a few server mods I was thinking of trying.

Not one that I made, but this is the server modloader video I think it would probably follow the same principles. Created in 2015.

That being said, the process for doing the server is almost identical to doing the client. Download, extract, patch. The difference is whenever you start the server you'll always start it with the new file: ModLauncher.bat.

Can anyone help me figure out why hitching posts have no texture on my server? I am not even sure where to start. Thank you. :)

The server must have server pack and http server mods properly set up. Also each client need serverpacks mod running. 

On 4/29/2019 at 12:18 AM, Mynerva said:

Can anyone help me figure out why hitching posts have no texture on my server? I am not even sure where to start. Thank you. :)

its a server mod not a client one (this is the ago client thread). And I always found it a trifle buggy (I love the mod but periodically it makes horses go invisible after being unhitched from the hitching post. It's not a terrible pain if you are expecting it, but if you somehow lose lead to the horse you simply cannot find it again to relead, till next server restart.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

nvm

Edited by Devily

On 11/17/2015 at 10:54 AM, ago said:

* Unzip the contents of the individual mods you want to run into the "WurmLauncher" folder. This adds the required .properties files to enable the mods.

You sure they don't go into the "mods" folder that appeared?🤔

On 11/19/2019 at 5:24 PM, Cadh20000 said:

You sure they don't go into the "mods" folder that appeared?🤔

usually most mods come with a mods folder in the zip, so you unzip them to wurmlauncher and it merges with the existing mods folder.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 12:08 PM, bdew said:

usually most mods come with a mods folder in the zip, so you unzip them to wurmlauncher and it merges with the existing mods folder.

Ahh, okay.

Fresh windows install, but for some reason, this go around the patched client just instantly crashes without an error. 

Client.log

Spoiler

[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: ModLoader version v0.10.1-ec4f5b4
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Game version 1.9.1.5
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\compass.properties
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\connectionfix\connectionfix.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/connectionfix.properties
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\connectionfix.properties
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\custommap\custommap.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/custommap.properties
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\custommap.properties
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\improvedimprove.properties
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\livemap\livemap.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/livemap.properties
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\livemap.properties
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\nowinter.properties
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\onetilemining.properties
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\serverpacks\serverpacks.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/serverpacks.properties
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\serverpacks.properties
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\tentsleep.properties
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\toolbelt.properties
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\tooltips.properties
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\wurmesp.properties
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\compass\compass.jar]
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\connectionfix\connectionfix.jar]
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\custommap\custommap.jar]
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\improvedimprove\improvedimprove.jar]
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\livemap\livemap.jar]
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\nowinter\nowinter.jar]
[03:16:21 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\onetilemining\onetilemining.jar]
[03:16:21 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.clientlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: org/gotti/wurmunlimited/modloader/interfaces/WurmServerMod

You have server mods in there, only clientmods on the client side.      onetilemining...tentsleep...

19 minutes ago, evilkilem said:

You have server mods in there, only clientmods on the client side.      onetilemining...tentsleep...

yep, just call me derp. Thank you.

I just noticed when trying to download client-modlauncher is missing in 0.11 not sure if this was intentional because it was just a serverpacks update or an oversight but thought I should mention it. Thanks for the update and allowing us all to use mods :)

I left it out because the client beta branch already includes the modlauncher and there'd be a conflict if people would install both. However, for people not on the beta branch there's currently no "latest" modlauncher. I'll include it in the next version again.

Edited by ago

On 6/15/2020 at 10:35 PM, ago said:

I left it out because the client beta branch already includes the modlauncher and there'd be a conflict if people would install both. However, for people not on the beta branch there's currently no "latest" modlauncher. I'll include it in the next version again.

We have several new players who don't have the original modlauncher.  Can you please post a link so they can get it, to go with the version 0.11 mods?  Thanks!