ago

[RELEASED] Client mod loader

Hello so I'm a bit stumped I have a few people that can't see server mods, but there live map work  for them with the modlaucher, they have the bag icon showing rather the actual item for example hitching post is a bag icon for them, I don't what they need to able to see stuff.

Edited by Luka

@LukaI guess you figured it out, but your players need the client-side serverpacks mod (and its .properties file) to see custom models

If they downloaded both client-modlauncher.zip and serverpacks-client.zip, unzipped them correctly, and ran patcher.bat, and it still doesn't work, then it must be a bigger issue. You said they can't see modded items on other servers either? Can you get one of their client.log files?

I don't know where that would be the log files, they said they could see the beams on the alters so its not a rendering issue, just server mods like the hitching post they cant see, we've been kinda running around in a circle with a few people, like a few can see all the mods on the server while there is a few that cant, we are all stumped on it, we walked a friend through it and they have the files in the right place just doesn't want to work with them, they even deleted the wurm folder and redownload it, and re added everything and patched it and same thing cant see it, kind of at a lost on how to help them... 

You can find client.log at the root folder of your WU installation. It should have information on what's going wrong, since you said it's not a server-side issue.

friend found out the issue that people where having and made a fix and it worked, so it seems like people where missing files so happy it works now.

edit: posted in the wrong thread. server modloader issue

Edited by Killermuppett
wrong thread

On 11/17/2015 at 7:54 AM, ago said:

Instructions

* Unzip the contents of client-modlauncher-<version>.zip into the "WurmLauncher" folder

* Unzip the contents of the individual mods you want to run into the "WurmLauncher" folder. This adds the required .properties files to enable the mods.

* Run patcher.bat

* Start Wurm from Steam

This is pretty misleading.  At first pass, it seems like you should unzip the modlauncher and the mods to the WurmLauncher folder.  However, when you unzip the modlauncher and the mods, they create an extra parent folder.  What you want is what is inside that folder.  This is what Ago means by "the contents".

e0IyP8t.png

So all the files shown and that Mods folder are what go into the WurmLauncher folder, NOT the "client-modlauncher-0.15" folder that unzipping creates.

Same goes for the individual mod.  You unzip them, then put the contents of the unzipped mod folders into the "mods" folder that is now in your WurmLauncher folder.  When done, it should look something like this:

EWX1EGV.png

Now you can run your "Patcher.bat" file from the WurmLauncher folder and if it succeeds, go launch Wurm Unlimited.  You also don't have to launch it through your Steam library.  I launch mine just from the shortcut on my desktop.

I hope this is helpful to anyone else that may run into the same confusion I did :)