ago

[RELEASED] Client mod loader

What the above change allows is referencing stuff in other packs from your pack's mappings.txt

The main goal is to allow us reusing assets from the vanilla game without re-distributing them, reducing both pack sizes and potential legal issues.

For example:

model.creature.quadraped.cow.female.wurm = ~graphics.jar/creatures/horse/Horse_main.wom

This will load a model (and all the resources it needs) from graphics.jar

model.structure.farmbox.carrots.young = sprite-tended.wom?sprite_wheat.texture=~graphics.jar/texture/sprite/Fields/carrot.dds

This will load a model from current pack but override one of it's textures from graphics.jar

Syntax is: ~<pack name>/<path in pack>

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

GOT IT!  Tried validating my game files on Steam. It said there was 1 file needing fixing.  Now it works. whew!

I'll leave my original help request, in case anyone else encounters this error message sometime down the line. 

--------------------------------------

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I updated to v.0.13 and am unable to log in to Wurm now.

[09:09:56 AM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.clientlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: Missing property classname for mod logging

What I did was to extract the client-modlauncher to Wurm Launcher, then extract serverpacks-client, custommap, and connectionfix to Wurm Launcher>mods

Then I ran patcher.bat

When I try to log in to WU I just get this error now.

EDIT:  I tried reverting back to 0.12 and am still getting this error.  It began when I installed 0.13.

Any suggestions for how to fix this?

Edited by Batta

Nope.  It worked when I was using v.0.12, but broke again when I installed v.0.13 -- same error message as before.

I had to re-validate Steam files, which reacquired whatever was missing.  Then I was able to log in, but none of my client mods were working.

I ran patcher.bat and it broke it again.  

Edited by Batta

You unpacked something to the wrong place, my guess is "logging.properties" that should go into the main wurm folder ended up in mods folder, where modlaucher tries to interpret it as a properties file for a mod (which it isn't) and fails.

6 minutes ago, bdew said:

You unpacked something to the wrong place, my guess is "logging.properties" that should go into the main wurm folder ended up in mods folder, where modlaucher tries to interpret it as a properties file for a mod (which it isn't) and fails.

Yes!  It is in both places.  I'll try again now.

It works!  Thank you so much.

Edited by Batta

Version 0.14

serverpacks

• add ability to reference local pack in overrides (bdew)

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmClientModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.14

This lets you write something like that in mappings.txt

model.transports.medium.wagon.molr=~graphics.jar/transports/Wagon_main.wom?tentMat.texture=~[local]/wagon_SA.png

Which will load wagon model from graphics.jar but override one of the textures from the current pack.

[local] will be replaced by the name of the pack at runtime.

Edited by ago

What I did was to extract the client-modlauncher to Wurm Launcher, then extract serverpacks-client, custommap, and connectionfix to Wurm Launcher>mods

Then I ran patcher.bat

'and now WUrm Unlimited will not launch.

I press play it turns blue and says stop

waited 45 mins and nothing came up.  But if i verify the files it works fine.  What the hell?

On 8/7/2020 at 11:52 PM, Cuddles said:

are you using the "beta" version of the client?

Not that i am aware of 

I'm trying to add a mod, but I have an issue. I copied extracted files from client-modelauncher directory to "Wurm Online" directory and a mod (live map), but it doesn't work.

First of all, I had to patch patcher.sh: I changed "../runtime/jre1.8.0_172/bin/java $*" line to "./linux64/runtime/bin/java $*" (because there is no the first one).

The next issue - java.nio.file.FileSystemNotFoundException: ....SteamLibrary/steamapps/common
/Wurm Online/client.jar

there is no "client.jar" file, but there is

28910231 Oct  2 11:36 client_live.jar

I tried to

mv client_live.jar client.jar
./patcher.sh

mv client.jar client_live.jar

It says that client was patched, but it seems it doesn't work well:

107776 Oct  2 11:43 client_live.jar

So, the patched client is just 100KiB instead of 28MiB for the original one. And when I launch Wurm from steam, it downloads the original client again.

What is the reason?

1 hour ago, telejug said:

I'm trying to add a mod, but I have an issue. I copied extracted files from client-modelauncher directory to "Wurm Online" directory and a mod (live map), but it doesn't work.

First of all, I had to patch patcher.sh: I changed "../runtime/jre1.8.0_172/bin/java $*" line to "./linux64/runtime/bin/java $*" (because there is no the first one).

The next issue - java.nio.file.FileSystemNotFoundException: ....SteamLibrary/steamapps/common
/Wurm Online/client.jar

there is no "client.jar" file, but there is

28910231 Oct  2 11:36 client_live.jar

I tried to

mv client_live.jar client.jar
./patcher.sh

mv client.jar client_live.jar

It says that client was patched, but it seems it doesn't work well:

107776 Oct  2 11:43 client_live.jar

So, the patched client is just 100KiB instead of 28MiB for the original one. And when I launch Wurm from steam, it downloads the original client again.

What is the reason?

Mods are not allowed on the WO client. It is a ban-able offense.

44 minutes ago, KillerSpike said:

Mods are not allowed on the WO client. It is a ban-able offense.

Oh, now I see that it is for Wurm Unlimited, not for Wurm online. Thanks.

you have to set the folder optiond to show the file extentions....or read the file type in the explorer.    the files are there in your pic.

fifth file from bottom in your picture is patcher.bat.

in windows settings you can change folder options...change the line that says "hide file extentions" to see the name better.

Well a day late, a dollar short - that's my motto.

Very new to all of this business, so I try the K.I.S.S. method especially working through Steam client + modding.

First off, both the Thirdperson mod itself and the modlauncher say to unpack (unzip) into Wurmlauncher folder and both say do run a .bat file.

Done, and done.

Problem: On the one hand how, or where do I know a modlauncher is running? Worked with some mod  clients before and you can see the thing either in or out of the game.

On the other hand, if I dunno whether or not the client's running, using the console for bind keys, i.e., <toggle tp> is useless. I dunno the mod is there to respond to my commands.

Forgive the newb. please explain how i use this thing. What I'm looking for inside the client. Fundamentals if you please, please.

Ty

Pel

Hello, I have a small problem, when I run Wurm Client with 1 character all is fine, my custom map shows up in game fine. Any other characters I then load after the first one have map Ocrea.

Anyone able to say why? Thanks.

EDIT: Found this in the server logs: can we do anything about it?

[12:11:44 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod: Got server pack map_Ocrea (http://64.94.95.186:50662/serverpacks/map_Ocrea?prepend&force)
[12:11:46 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Initializing font texture for Cry Uncial (64). Texture Size: 1024
[12:11:46 AM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod: packs\map_Ocrea.jar: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Edited by Kalek
Added server log

Can anyone help me? For some reason the client mod doesn't seem to be working for me at all. I put in the Server mod and a whole bunch of mods and it works perfectly, but the client one doesn't seem to be taking. It says it patches, everything looks fine, I put in a couple things and they don't work at all

3 hours ago, Ascendant_Faye said:

Can anyone help me? For some reason the client mod doesn't seem to be working for me at all. I put in the Server mod and a whole bunch of mods and it works perfectly, but the client one doesn't seem to be taking. It says it patches, everything looks fine, I put in a couple things and they don't work at all

Are you putting the client modlauncher and mods in the Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server, or in the Wurm Launcher folder?  It needs to go in the Wurm Launcher folder.

\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher

Capture.PNG

18 hours ago, Batta said:

Are you putting the client modlauncher and mods in the Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server, or in the Wurm Launcher folder?  It needs to go in the Wurm Launcher folder.

\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher

In the WurmLauncher folder. It loads fine without any errors and says it patches. But nothing seems to actually work...

Edited by Ascendant_Faye

1 hour ago, Ascendant_Faye said:

In the WurmLauncher folder. It loads fine without any errors and says it patches. But nothing seems to actually work...

Sending you a PM to see if we can figure this out.  Maybe one of the experts will have an answer for you before we do, though.  🙂

I've been dealing with players who have very little computer literacy skills, and/or understanding the English language. And trying to help players install the ModLoader has become time consuming for me.

This request may just be outside the scope of what the ModLoader is for, however I would really enjoy the ability to be able for a player to test their Wurm Client installation for the ModLoader while in game. And I think its important to have results in game so that server staff for Wurm Unlimited can see the result of this.

There (in my view) should be two ways to do this. The first is the ability to type into chat a command and receive a notification. Something like ~about to see the current version of the ModLoader. The second is a way to bypass trolls - because there are trolls for Wurm Unlimited coming through - so a means for GMs to be able to test would be fantastic as well.