ago

[RELEASED] Client mod loader

i have not played in a long time so i have not updated my client BUT my logging.properties file is in the root dir, with patcher.jar etc

I'm also having the error with the patcher not patching.

Has there been a fix to this? As I dont really get how to do it manually.

logging.properties should not be in mods. Did you extract the modloader to the mods folder? The modloader (including logging.properties) should be in the root of the game

Edited by ago

7 hours ago, Draco said:

I have no idea why this is happening to you. The patcher is pretty simple and should at least print some messages on the console about the patching process.

Thanks for the help... funny how much better it works when I follow the directions!  Doh!

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmClientModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.6

Version 0.6

modsupport

• textures referenced in armor.xml in a pack are resolved from that pack

This means a serverpack can have an armor.xml which sets different textures like a custom tabard.

See https://www.dropbox.com/s/bnn7r5lzsibnon8/armortest.zip?dl=0 for an example which replaces the default (i.e. freedom) tabard with a custom (actually HotS) tabard .

• Like 3

Hey Ago question for you.  I updated my client and I'm running the armortest mod from my server and it pushes down the HotS tabard textures over the freedom tabard textures just fine.  So I created my own tabard textures and named them exactly the same as the ones that you have in the xml and the various texture folders (tabard_cust_low.png, and tabard_cust_torso_hasAlpha.png).  I made a set for each texture folder (256, 512, 1024, and 2048).  I didn't touch the default JK ones that were in there.  Instead of pushing down my custom tabards, it's still pushing down the HotS ones. I verified that I do indeed have my changed textures on the server.   Did I miss a setting somewhere?  Should I name them something different and change the xml accordingly?  Or is there a setting clientside that I'm missing?  

47 minutes ago, Asperis said:

Hey Ago question for you.  I updated my client and I'm running the armortest mod from my server and it pushes down the HotS tabard textures over the freedom tabard textures just fine.  So I created my own tabard textures and named them exactly the same as the ones that you have in the xml and the various texture folders (tabard_cust_low.png, and tabard_cust_torso_hasAlpha.png).  I made a set for each texture folder (256, 512, 1024, and 2048).  I didn't touch the default JK ones that were in there.  Instead of pushing down my custom tabards, it's still pushing down the HotS ones. I verified that I do indeed have my changed textures on the server.   Did I miss a setting somewhere?  Should I name them something different and change the xml accordingly?  Or is there a setting clientside that I'm missing?  

So you changed the textures in the armortest pack and logged the client back into the server? The key of the downloaded pack is generated on server start from the contents of the pack. If you cange the contents without restarting the server then the key does not change and the client does not download the pack a second time but uses the already downloaded pack in the "packs" folder. You can remove that pack file on the client which will force a redownload of the pack from the server.

move post if needed

Edited by Governor
  • Like 1

Yes I restarted the server after I pushed the textures to it.  I also removed the pack in my packs folder on my client machine and verified that it pushed the pack back down, but it's still showing the HotS textures.  Should I just rename the textures to something else?

Edited by Asperis

Renaming the textures should not be required. The whole process works since you're already getting the HOTS textures instead of the freedom textures. But this also means my armortest pack is still active. So you either did not properly replace the textures in the pack or you have two conflicting packs.

No it must be the textures.  I'll just redo them.  Thanks for all of your help Ago and once again thanks for another awesome addition to an already awesome mod.  Also thanks Governor for the great tutorial you posted.  I wish I was as talented so I could get all of those PMK tabards in the game.  Thanks for doing what you do guys :) 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2017 at 11:23 AM, Draco said:

On 10/14/2017 at 6:47 PM, ago said:

I have no idea why this is happening to you. The patcher is pretty simple and should at least print some messages on the console about the patching process.

Not sure if it's the same issue Draco had, but just in case, when running patcher.sh in the console, the output was

patcher.sh: line 4: ../runtime/jre1.8.0_60/bin/java: No such file or directory

Looked into the runtime folder and what was there was jre1.8.0_121, not _60. A simple change to the script to look for the right folder and it ran fine, but I'm no programmer so I don't really know if it wouldn't have side-effects.

Thanks. I'll fix that. Apparently the client is not that used widely on linux.

Hi ago, the new full client modlauncher zip file (v 0.6) does not have any of the properties files for the server pack, connection fix or custom map mods. Not sure if this is intended or an oversight, just thought I'd let you know :)

did you download the extra packs on the github page, because I just checked and they're all there.

1 hour ago, Bullbrand said:

Hi ago, the new full client modlauncher zip file (v 0.6) does not have any of the properties files for the server pack, connection fix or custom map mods. Not sure if this is intended or an oversight, just thought I'd let you know :)

58 minutes ago, ozmods said:

did you download the extra packs on the github page, because I just checked and they're all there.

I know they are in the extra packs as stand alone downloads thanks:) It's why I said the full zip - in the /mods folder inside the full version, the 3 extras are included within, but there are no properties files.

The properties files are not included so that when admins update to newer versions, the new properties files do not overwrite the old (often customized) files. If you need the properties files for the mods, download the individual mods.

It's intentional for exactly the reasons Governor stated.

Thanks folks, was just checking :)

As these are the client files and not the server files, and there are no options to set in any of the properties files, would you consider adding them into future updates to make it easier for the less tech-savvy or simply for those who don't understand they may need all the downloads?

Cheers!

A future update will have the client side serverpacks and custommap mod enabled by default without the need for the properties

• Like 1