ago

[RELEASED] Client mod loader

On 6/7/2017 at 0:19 PM, DarlingDeirdre said:

Hello, I'm a total newb when it comes to modding Wurm Unlimited but I did follow the instructions. I'm having a problem once I use the patcher.bat and it tells me it's been successfully patched my game fails to launch. Has anyone else had this problem?

I have had this problem when one of my mods was interacting badly with the others. Once I removed whichever was causing the problems, then the server started up just fine with all the other mods. 

great, thanks for that. i had googled the error exactly but that part of the github is not archived, hah

After successfully helping lots of people use modloader in the past upon returning to the game recently, I am finding myself needing a hint around getting client modloader working again successfully.

1) Downloaded latest version of client modloader

2) Made sure I had the three updated config files too (serverpacks, connection fix and the other one)

3) Ran patcher.bat

4) Following output appeared:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher>..\runtime\bin\java -classpath patcher.jar;javassist.jar org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchClientJar

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

5) Client.log doesn't get created and modloader doesn't appear to be working

Suggestions?

This is really strange. There should be log messages from the patcher no matter what.

The patcher only copies the original client.jar to client-patched.jar and copies modlauncher.jar to client.jar. You could do this manually.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ago said:

This is really strange. There should be log messages from the patcher no matter what.

The patcher only copies the original client.jar to client-patched.jar and copies modlauncher.jar to client.jar. You could do this manually.

Doing this manually worked!

Yes. The link points to the most recent version. The client mod loader didn't need any updates for the last client updates so no vew versions were required for some time.

• Like 1

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmClientModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.5-beta1

The is a pre-release intended to be used with the WurmUnlimited 1.5.0 Beta

Version 0.5-beta1

Beta 1.5

• update client dependencies for beta 1.5

Modloader

• Update to SharedModLoader 0.10
    • Configuration options are loaded from mods/modname.config too
    • Allow glob patterns in classpath
    • ReflectionUtil can select methods by parameter types
    • Add steamVersion property from common.jar to each mods properties
    • Allow custom javax packages in the sharedClassLoader
    • Added Callback API
    • Added method to call a private constructor
    • Dependency mechanism
  • Like 2

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmClientModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.5

Version 0.5

Modloader

• Updated for WurmUnlimited 1.5
  • Update to SharedModLoader 0.10
    • Configuration options are loaded from mods/modname.config too
    • Allow glob patterns in classpath
    • ReflectionUtil can select methods by parameter types
    • Add steamVersion property from common.jar to each mods properties
    • Allow custom javax packages in the sharedClassLoader
    • Added Callback API
    • Added method to call a private constructor
    • Dependency mechanism

serverpacks

• Allow adding server packs before graphics.jar
  • Like 1

If i use the new client mod loader it crashed the game

Eject

1 minute ago, Eject said:

Eject

I used the new client mod loader, but disabled each mod until I got it working. I am guessing that some of the mods you use are causing a conflict

thanks for the hint =)

add: fixed, thank you

Edited by Eject
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2017 at 9:48 AM, Eject said:

Eject

A few mods are outdated. I found live map, render tweaks, and timelock are not working. Just delete until updated version comes out. Update for live map here https://github.com/ago1024/LiveHudMap/releases/tag/v1.6

Edited by Governor

yea its the livemap at my case.

there could be another problem also with the server, one told me after praying the client crashes, but there just the compass notreecolision and custom actions added, they should noct make the problem with praying

Eject

5 hours ago, Governor said:

timelock are not working

Timelock should be working, make sure you have the latest version and if it still fails - post logs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bdew said:

Timelock should be working, make sure you have the latest version and if it still fails - post logs.

I can confirm its working for me and a few other folks.

Hi people, I'm a bit confused that my client won't launch. I've updated/disabled mods as necessary to remove any and all errors in the client.log, however the client does not launch (or at least, completely)

Nothing actually comes up on screen, but I see the client.log being locked and unlocked when the client initializes.

Here is the log, it ends with Goodbye. Exit.

And I have NO idea why, checked my autorun and things like that, I don't have anything to think that the client would close itself down straight away.

Spoiler

[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: ModLoader version v0.5-81d4a9a
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\action.properties
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\cavevision.properties
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\compass.properties
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\custommap.properties
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\improvedimprove.properties
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\livemap.properties
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\QualityDamageTooltipsClient.properties
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\serverpacks.properties
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\toolbelt.properties
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loading mods\tooltips.properties
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\QualityDamageTooltipsClient\QualityDamageTooltipsClient.jar]
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\action\action.jar]
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\cavevision\cavevision.jar]
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\compass\compass.jar]
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\custommap\custommap.jar]
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\improvedimprove\improvedimprove.jar]
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\livemap\livemap.jar]
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\serverpacks\serverpacks.jar]
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\toolbelt\toolbelt.jar]
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\tooltips\tooltips.jar]
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.livehudmap.LiveHudMapMod: hiResMap: true
[05:01:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.livehudmap.LiveHudMapMod: showHiddenOre: true
[05:01:01 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded org.tmarchuk.wurmunlimited.client.tooltips.QualityDamageTooltipsClientMod as QualityDamageTooltipsClient (v0.4-5e62574)
[05:01:01 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded net.bdew.wurm.action.ActionMod as action (unversioned)
[05:01:01 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.cavevision.CaveVision as cavevision (unversioned)
[05:01:01 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded net.bdew.wurm.compass.CompassMod as compass (unversioned)
[05:01:01 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.custommap.CustomMapMod as custommap (v0.5-81d4a9a)
[05:01:01 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.improvedImprove.ImprovedImprove as improvedimprove (unversioned)
[05:01:01 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.livehudmap.LiveHudMapMod as livemap (v1.6-da02cf5)
[05:01:01 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.serverpacks.ServerPacksMod as serverpacks (v0.5-81d4a9a)
[05:01:01 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded net.bdew.wurm.toolbelt.ToolbeltMod as toolbelt (unversioned)
[05:01:01 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Loaded net.bdew.wurm.tooltip.TooltipMod as tooltips (unversioned)
[05:01:01 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Time is Wed Oct 11 17:01:01 BST 2017
[05:01:01 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Running client version 
[05:01:01 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: 
[05:01:01 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: === System information ===
[05:01:01 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Executing from E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\
[05:01:01 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Operating system: Windows 10 (arch: amd64, version: 10.0)
[05:01:01 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Java version: 1.8.0_121 (Oracle Corporation) <http://java.oracle.com/>
[05:01:01 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Jvm version: 25.121-b13 (Oracle Corporation) [Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM]
[05:01:01 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Available CPUs: 8
[05:01:01 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: 
[05:01:01 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Time is Wed Oct 11 17:01:01 BST 2017
[05:01:01 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Performing final cleanup after playing 0s
[05:01:02 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Setting up Collada Model Loader
[05:01:02 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Setting up WurmModel Model Loader
[05:01:02 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Running garbage collector...
[05:01:02 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Running finalization...
[05:01:02 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Goodbye.
[05:01:02 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.console: Exit.

Could it be as simple as a Java update? I'll go ahead and try that now whilst waiting for a reply :)

Thanks in advance.

Please disregard the previous post, it seems that it was because steam had the 'launching game' little window open from me having a file verify on override bandwidth.

Working fine now that I've closed it!

I updated to the newsest version of the Client mod loader and actually i have to patch it with the batch-file, as soon as i restart the computer, the patch doesn't stay active anyhow.

The patcher renames the original client.jar and replaces it with a stub that contains the loader instead of the client. When the .exe is started the loader in the stub will then load the client from the renamed client.jar.

Any Steam update will undo all of the above. Hence you need to run the patcher after each Steam update.

EDIT: And btw, there was a hotfix yesterday so you had to repatch because of the update, not because of the reboot.

Edited by ago

Sigh, I downloaded the latest version (non-beta) and did the patcher.bat and now WU won't load.  I tried moving my mods to a different directory to keep them from interfering but no dice.

This is the client.log that is created:

[01:37:45 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: ModLoader version v0.4-bb7813b
[01:37:45 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Loading mods\action.properties
[01:37:45 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Loading mods\logging.properties
[01:37:45 AM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.clientlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: Missing property classname for mod mods\logging.properties

and here is the mods/logging.properties file:

handlers=java.util.logging.FileHandler,java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler
"".level=INFO

java.util.logging.FileHandler.pattern = client.log
java.util.logging.FileHandler.level = FINEST
java.util.logging.FileHandler.count = 1
java.util.logging.FileHandler.formatter = java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter

# Limit the message that are printed on the console to INFO and above.
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = INFO
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.formatter = java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter

java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter.format=[%1$tr] %4$s %3$s: %5$s%n

I hope maybe this helps... what do I do?

I would prefer not to have to reload WU since my internet connection is slow and it takes forever and a day to do so.