ago

[RELEASED] Client mod loader

yup all working here too, sorry guys forgot to update

Nvm found it

forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/135198-debug-logs/

Edited by faty

What do I add to the "serverpacks.properties" to have more than one jar-file fetched by the client?

I have

serverPacks=ereb.jar

Workes fine.

What do I type to have more than one jar-file? Or is that impossible?

Putting:

serverPacks=ereb.jar

serverPacks=ereb2.jar

does not seem to work.

Edited by Jukken

try looking though the logs, seach for 'serverpack' there may be an error there.

Also have  you tried having a completely different file name?

38 minutes ago, Jukken said:

What do I add to the "serverpacks.properties" to have more than one jar-file fetched by the client?

I have

serverPacks=ereb.jar

Workes fine.

What do I type to have more than one jar-file? Or is that impossible?

Putting:

serverPacks=ereb2.jar

serverPacks=ereb2.jar

does not seem to work.

Comma should work, eg:

serverPacks=ereb.jar,ereb2.jar

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bdew said:

Comma should work, eg:

serverPacks=ereb.jar,ereb2.jar

Workes great, thanks.

Got issues installing it again -.-

Uninstalled java, removed the mods, installed again and still the same thing happening : pather.jar opens up a java window thats shut down right away (impossible to see what its saying)

Tried restarts (ALOT) still the same issue:  Win 10 

I tried this today, copied the files over ran the patcher, it renames the client.jar etc

Then I run the launcher and it looks like it is doing something for a minute or so and then stops. 

4 hours ago, Saicotic said:

doing something for a minute or so and then stops

There should be a log file generated in the client folder, which should have more details on what's going wrong.

• Like 1

Thanks Bdew, found the problem in the logs. I am an idiot for not checking for it. :wacko:

OK, so, how does the bag of holding actually work?  How do you cast it?

Annnddd.. I realized I posted this in the client instead of server mod thread.... 

Im trying this for the first time.  But following this video, i noticed i have the 'folders' after extracting the client modloader, but the files are not arranged like in this video.  They are each in their respective folder, and there isnt the extension ".properties" or ".disabled" after them.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

On 2016-12-16 at 3:59 PM, Cik said:

Im trying this for the first time.  But following this video, i noticed i have the 'folders' after extracting the client modloader, but the files are not arranged like in this video.  They are each in their respective folder, and there isnt the extension ".properties" or ".disabled" after them.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Make sure you un-zipped the contents to the correct locations. If not - move the files.

It should look something like this (this has the connectionfix, custom map and serverpacks installed):

mods_folder.png

Also make sure you run the "patcher.bat" file in your wurmlauncher directory:

patcher_bat.png

On 11/17/2015 at 8:54 AM, ago said:

This is the initial release of a client mod loader

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmClientModLauncher/releases/latest

Instructions

* Unzip the contents of client-modlauncher-<version>.zip into the "WurmLauncher" folder

* Unzip the contents of the individual mods you want to run into the "WurmLauncher" folder. This adds the required .properties files to enable the mods.

* Run patcher.bat

* Start Wurm from Steam

The client-modlauncher-<version>.zip package includes the updated mods client-serverpacks and custommap as well.

Changelog

Check github for change logs.

This seems to be a link for a christmas mod

Holy cow!

I spent hours and hours trying to get a custom map working after creating a new dedicated server. I finally just used "Playtime" as the new map name and server name and it worked.

*Changed MAPNAME field to Playtime in wurmlogin.db

*Edited my custom map in Gimp and resized it to 920x620, Saved it as /steamcmd/wurm_unlimited_server/MyDatabaseCopy/maps/Playtime.png

*Created mappings.txt and put...

• map.Playtime = maps/Playtime.png

*Selected mappings.txt and the maps folder in /steamcmd/wurm_unlimited_server/MyDatabaseCopy/, right clicked and went to 7-zip->Add to Archive, selected zip, named archive Playtime.jar

*Right clicked the Playtime.jar and opened it with 7-zip, verified the files were there and the structure was correct, all good

*Copied Playtime.jar to /steamcmd/wurm_unlimited_server/mods/serverpacks

*Edited serverpacks.properties in /steamcmd/wurm_unlimited_server/mods and put...

• publicServerAddress=xx.xxx.xxx.xxx (my actual internet ip address)
  • serverPacks=Playtime.jar

*Started wurmServerLauncher.exe and ran with administrator privileges

*Changed Server Name in Local Server tab to Playtime

*Started server from WurmServerLauncher-patched.exe

*Read server.log in /steamcmd/wurm_unlimited_server/ and verified the following...

• [timestamp] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerpackMod: Added pack 372753CE8FC2407050C957B8EE2A6DD0E09A7BE0 (REALLY?!!) for pack mods\serverpacks\Playtime.jar

*Started Client, joined server named Playtime

*Opened console inside client and verified pack was downloaded and installed with these lines...

• INFO: Got server pack 372753CE8FC2407050C957B8EE2A6DD0E09A7BE0 (http://<MY-INTERNET-IP>/packs/372753CE8FC2407050C957B8EE2A6DD0E09A7BE0)
  • INFO: Added server pack 372753CE8FC2407050C957B8EE2A6DD0E09A7BE0
  • Initializing font texture for Monospaced (11). Texture Size: 128

*Opened map in game and it showed the custom map

FINALLY!

I tried using all kinds of names for the custom map, server name combinations, capitalizations and nothing worked until I changed it all to Playtime.

After I got it working, I tried changing Server name from WurmServerLauncher-patched.exe gui and it all worked up until the point of opening the map inside the client and getting...

No mapping found for map.<NEW SERVER NAME>

in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\console.PLAYER.log

So basically the server name has to match what is put in mappings.txt. I'm not sure how bad I was changing the mappings.txt and server name, but it took me over 10 hours to figure this was the culprit.

so if your server name is My Awesome Server Rocks

then mappings.txt must say...

map.my awesome server rocks = maps/MyAwesomeServerRocks.png

I was originally posting asking a zillion questions about this process, but while typing the questions and doing the step by step I listed, it got solved, lol.

Thanks for the awesome tools, you guys ROCK!!

On Custom world map.

We are still having issues with the no image.

No mapping found for map.new in console
The server name is WRC - [19:21:33] Welcome back, Angera! Enjoy playing on WRC!

The map name is Deleria - [19:21:34] 14 other players are online. You are on Deliria (15 totally in Wurm).

Map image size is 920x620 , 24 bit depth and 622KB. 

I have tried  map.wrc / map.WRC / map.deleria / map.Deleria / map.wrc.deleria / map.WRC.Deleria / map.new (as suggested by console)

Current test is map.new = maps/new.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by axeblade346

I feel for ya buddy!

I spent all day and the night before with the same situation.

**Make sure you have the right mods on the server!

**Make sure you have the right mods on the client!

Check server.log in dedicated server folder and look for the line...

• [11:57:25 AM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod: Added pack FA967472740E6ED60200D64EBD052C6480076D0C for pack mods\serverpacks\<NAMEOFMAP>.jar

This line means that the server is packing the updated map and making it available to the client just fine. If this line is not in the server.log, there should be some kind of error in the log

If the server is packing the map jar and making it available,

Check the player console log or the player console in game after you log in. The last lines in the console will show...

• INFO: Got server pack 372753CE8FC2407050C957B8EE2A6DD0E09A7BE0 (http://<MY-INTERNET-IP>/packs/372753CE8FC2407050C957B8EE2A6DD0E09A7BE0)
  • INFO: Added server pack 372753CE8FC2407050C957B8EE2A6DD0E09A7BE0

The first line there means that the client is getting the server pack. The second line means the client is adding the server pack. If there are no errors here, then all is good with the jar file.

Finding out if these lines are present will help pinpoint your issue.

Edited by jdubb
*Reminder to check that the right mods are installed on server and client

I'm trying to install it, but when im running "pacher.bat", there writes:

brQOGh8.png

try unpacking all the files again into the server launcher folder and try again, I had this happen to me at the start too. re unpacking it fixed it

Is this still being worked on? Have not seen an update in some time. There are some things I would like to see added to make some modding easier, just curious if I should start customizing the mod loader myself or make suggestions.

can anyone explain me, why i have to start the patcher.bat again today? i havent updated to server 1.3.0.0 but get now the message in the everntwindow

"[11:38:00] [ModCommV1] This is a modded server, additional features might be available if you install Ago's Client Mod Launcher (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134945-/)"

Eject

Maybe steam refreshed your files for whatever reason. That's the message you get when you log into a modded server without client modloader.

• Like 1