ago

[RELEASED] Client mod loader

You're running the server modloader with server mods on the client.

ok well never mind it's too much fiddle faddling around to get it to work so i'll just stick to the server mod loader that one works rather well, the only reason I wanted to use it was for the live map update, o

On 4.4.2016 at 10:03 PM, ago said:

[Runtime]
OverrideDefaultJavaPath=false
JavaPath=

It might be possible that the defaults have been changed. Nevertheless, the patcher uses the bundled Java since it's the one that should be available everywhere. Once the patcher has been run the modloader is started from WurmLauncher.exe too and uses whatever is in the LaunchConfig.ini

From the error it seems patcher.jar is missing or does not contain the required classes.

and what do I do if I still get that message time after time after time of reinstalling wurm and java?

E:\Programmer\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher>..\runtime\bin\java -classpath patcher.jar;javassist.jar org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchClientJar
Error: Could not find or load main class org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchClientJar

E:\Programmer\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Edited by Woltox

* do you run the patcher.bat from E:\Programmer\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher?

* does patcher.jar exist in E:\Programmer\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher?

* what size is patcher.jar?

2 hours ago, ago said:

* do you run the patcher.bat from E:\Programmer\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher?

* does patcher.jar exist in E:\Programmer\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher?

* what size is patcher.jar?

yes, as admin and without

yes 

5477kB

:o Tried for the 3time extracting the items again and it worked :o =) (no idea why now and not before)

Edited by Woltox

Client.jar (which is moved to client-patched.jar) is about that size. did you by chance copy client.jar or client-patched.jar over patcher.jar in the first place? I can't think of a scenario where this could happen running the patcher,

https://github.com/ago1024/WurmClientModLauncher/releases/tag/v0.4

Version 0.4

• Implemented mod communication system (bdew)
  • Switched to maven build
  • Renamed WurmMod interface to WurmClientMod
  • Added a WurmMod compatibility interface
  • Added a helper to intercept console input

ServerPacks

• switched to mod communication system (bdew)
  • After loading or downloading the packs a refresh is requested from the server

not sure if just me, but server packs is no longer working

7 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

not sure if just me, but server packs is no longer working

Make sure you use the new version on both server and client, they are not backwards compatible.

• Like 1

@agojust a small note of thanks, I have your mod launcher working for the client and let me say it works flawlessly, I have it all working just fine, and I even got the live update map to work with it, i'm very happy with this, and tomorrow aus time it's my "21st" birthday so it's a good start to the weekend, many many thanks for making this for us wurmians

for what is the mod custom map now? i had my worldmap in serverpacks at serverside, and now this map doesnt work (missing image)

how can i solve this and replace the image-holder with my own map again?

Eject

The custommap mod dynamicly adds entries for servers that are not in maps.xml

If your server is called "Endor" it will add an entry for the map "endor" and tries to load the image "map.endor" from any of the installed packs.

It's possible that serverpacks.properties with the additional map jar file was replaced in the upgrade. You should make sure that

* the serverpacks mod on the server picks up the correct jar file (check server.log):

[11:00:24 AM] INFORMATION org.gotti.wurmunlimited.mods.serverpacks.ServerPackMod: Added pack 5FF13A88B587C10C023DF3802443656A51BC2D26 for pack mods\serverpacks\playtime.jar

* the serverpacks are transmitted and added to the client (check the console)

INFORMATION: Handshake response received, server protocol version is 1, 1 channels activated
INFORMATION: Got server pack 5FF13A88B587C10C023DF3802443656A51BC2D26 (http://server:60539/packs/5FF13A88B587C10C023DF3802443656A51BC2D26)
INFORMATION: Added server pack 5FF13A88B587C10C023DF3802443656A51BC2D26

i disabled now serverpacks and custmmap on clientside, but there is still no image. that was just a test ^^

theoretically it should work now, i have in the serverpacks (serverside) necropolis.jar (my map jar file) with the png (or jpg) file i cant remember now lol and mappings.txt or so is correct too

client side serverpacks is required to load necropolis.jar and custommap is required to handle the different map name.

oh yes your are right, but with only disabling the custommaps mod it also dont work...maybe i am too tired today to see the simple solution =)

You have to enable both mods

Edited by ago

i had at the first start, but the worldmap was not working, i try it again :/

ok, both are activated, the worldmap does not working at our side :(

The server does not send any packs. Did you by chance replace serverpacks.properties on the server?

You will have to add

serverPacks=necropolis.jar

to serverpacks.properties

• Like 2

would version missmatch between server and  client stop it working?

yes. The serverpacks mod uses the new communication channel and requires version 0.19 of the server modloader.

will this work with the latest version of wurm beta, 1.0.0.7?

thanks

server and client started fine with the current modloader versions. I did not test any actual mods though.

1 hour ago, ago said:

server and client started fine with the current modloader versions. I did not test any actual mods though.

Ive already been testing on 1.0.0.7    Both the modloader for the server and the client work fine.