ago

[RELEASED] Client mod loader

It appears there is no Java binary in D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\runtime\bin\java

12 hours ago, ago said:

It appears there is no Java binary in D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\runtime\bin\java

OK, so where is it and how do I get it there?

The Java runtime is part of the Wurm Unlimited installation. It should have been installed in D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\runtime.

You can try verifying the installation. Maybe Steam will download the missing Java runtime.

If you have Java installed somewhere else you can simply adjust the path in patcher.bat.

If Wurm Unlimited is working without the bundled Java runtime it must use it from somewhere else, The path should be available in Wurm Unlimiteds LaunchConfig.ini

Although I don't know where the problem was, a complete reinstall of Steam and Wurm resolved this. This you for the prompt followup and answers. Chasing this problem taught me several things worth knowing about Steam.

So, I'm looking for an easy way to remove crop withering.

I've been having to use joedobo's method (thread) to change crop tile age functionality but it's a PITA and for some reason it's not working for us right now.

Would this mod loader solve this problem for us easily?

Every time there's some kind of WO update, I have to go back in to server.jar and make the stupid changes again and I'd really like to find a more streamlined method of removing crop withering. Would we be able to make some kind of mod to use with this mod loader so that we don't have to keep manually editing the server.jar each time there's a WO update?

Thanks in advance.

@StanleyClark There is a mod called "cropmod" which is included with the server modloader and it does what you want. 

Soooo...I just downloaded the latest modloader and installed it, ran the patcher.  Went to run Wurm...and it wouldn't bring up the launcher.  I watched my process list.  WurmLauncher.exe pops up, hangs out for a while, then vanishes.  Fixed this by renaming client.jar to client_broken.jar (lol) and renaming client_patched.jar to client.jar, effectively removing the modloader.  I'm still trying to figure out which log I should post here.

Edited by Carnaxus

Java installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_77\bin\java" but changing the path in the .bat file: " D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher>C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_77\bin\java -classpath patcher.jar;javassist.jar org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchClientJar" 

What have I done wrong ? and how can I fix it :?

i think WU uses its own version of Java (its 1.8.0_60) in the runtime folder, may WU does not like 1.8.0_77

It should use the java installed on your system - and in fact we got the security notice about the Java vulnerability right at the top of every forum page atm.

And btw if you have a 64-bit system I would install and use the 64-bit version of Java which would be in C:\Program Files\Java not the (x86) which is the 32-bit. (but you still need the 32-bit version on your system if you use anything the requires it, such as Firefox).

9 hours ago, Romen said:

It should use the java installed on your system - and in fact we got the security notice about the Java vulnerability right at the top of every forum page atm.

And btw if you have a 64-bit system I would install and use the 64-bit version of Java which would be in C:\Program Files\Java not the (x86) which is the 32-bit. (but you still need the 32-bit version on your system if you use anything the requires it, such as Firefox).

From what I understand, the Wurm Unlimited launcher uses its own Java, and the main client uses your install.

In other news...anyone have any clues as to what could be causing my issue?  I couldn't find a log that looked useful in the slightest.

19 hours ago, Carnaxus said:

From what I understand, the Wurm Unlimited launcher uses its own Java, and the main client uses your install.

The launcher is started from an .exe that uses the bundled Java unless you tell it otherwise in LaunchConfig.ini.

The game itself runs in the same process as the launcher. The game therefore uses the bundled Java too by default.

In other news...anyone have any clues as to what could be causing my issue?  I couldn't find a log that looked useful in the slightest.

The modloader creates client.log to log messages and console messages.

Ehm, 

From Patcher:
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher>..\runtime\bin\java -classpath patcher.jar;javassist.jar org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchClientJar
Error: Could not find or load main class org.gotti.wurmunlimited.patcher.PatchClientJar

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

From LaunchConfig:

[Runtime]
OverrideDefaultJavaPath=true
JavaPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_77\bin\java
[Memory]
InitialHeap=512m
MaxHeapSize=2048m
[VMParams]
JvmParam0=-XX:+AggressiveOpts

soo.. what is the problem?

[Runtime]
OverrideDefaultJavaPath=false
JavaPath=

It might be possible that the defaults have been changed. Nevertheless, the patcher uses the bundled Java since it's the one that should be available everywhere. Once the patcher has been run the modloader is started from WurmLauncher.exe too and uses whatever is in the LaunchConfig.ini

From the error it seems patcher.jar is missing or does not contain the required classes.

Found the log:

Spoiler

[10:56:37 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: ModLoader version v0.3.3-cac710e
[10:56:37 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Loading mods\livemap.properties
[10:56:37 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Mod livemap loaded server class com.wurmonline.client.renderer.gui.WurmComponent during phase load
[10:56:37 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Mod livemap loaded server class com.wurmonline.client.renderer.gui.LiveMapWindow during phase load
[10:56:37 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Mod livemap loaded server class com.wurmonline.client.renderer.gui.WWindow during phase load
[10:56:37 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Mod livemap loaded server class com.wurmonline.client.renderer.gui.WindowSerializer during phase load
[10:56:37 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Mod livemap loaded server class com.wurmonline.client.renderer.gui.WurmBorderPanel during phase load
[10:56:37 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Mod livemap loaded server class com.wurmonline.client.renderer.gui.ContainerComponent during phase load
[10:56:37 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Mod livemap loaded server class com.wurmonline.client.renderer.gui.FlexComponent during phase load
[10:56:37 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Loading mods\NoDecay.properties
[10:56:37 PM] WARNING org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Mod NoDecay loaded server class com.wurmonline.cantorsdust.mods.NoDecay during phase load
[10:56:37 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmonline.clientmods.livehudmap.LiveHudMapMod: hiResMap: false
[10:56:37 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.cantorsdust.mods.NoDecay: No Item Decay On: true
[10:56:37 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.cantorsdust.mods.NoDecay: No Bridge Decay On: true
[10:56:37 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.cantorsdust.mods.NoDecay: No Fence Decay On: true
[10:56:37 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.cantorsdust.mods.NoDecay: No Floor Decay On: true
[10:56:37 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.cantorsdust.mods.NoDecay: No Wall Decay On: true
[10:56:37 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.cantorsdust.mods.NoDecay: blacklist string from properties is :[74,272,419,420,464,465,466,766,767]true
[10:56:37 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.cantorsdust.mods.NoDecay: blacklist modified string for array parsing is: [74, 272, 419, 420, 464, 465, 466, 766, 767]true
[10:56:37 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.cantorsdust.mods.NoDecay: blacklist array created from string is: [74, 272, 419, 420, 464, 465, 466, 766, 767]true
[10:56:37 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.clientlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: javassist.NotFoundException: com.wurmonline.server.items.ItemTemplate

To recap, the launcher refuses to load with modloader installed.

Edited by Carnaxus

3 hours ago, Carnaxus said:

[10:56:37 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.clientlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: javassist.NotFoundException: com.wurmonline.server.items.ItemTemplate

Are you running the server modloader on a client by chance?

1 hour ago, bdew said:

Are you running the server modloader on a client by chance?

I...don't think so?...Um.  One sec.

Edit:

I'm using the files from the modlauncher.zip linked in the first post.

Edited by Carnaxus

The NoDecay mod is a server mod. Remove it from the client.

14 hours ago, ago said:

The NoDecay mod is a server mod. Remove it from the client.

I feel stupid now. :P  Thanks!

Well it isn't always that obvious which mods are client and which are server - I remember being a little confused when I was installing my first mods too. Suggestion to mod makers is to clearly identify which they are please. It will help a lot of new people out.

i tried to get this mod to work with the client, but it just doesn't like it, i'm running wurm unlimited 1.0.0.4 which is the current release, the mod loader and mods work fine and dandy with the dedicated server, they just don't work with the client, if I patch it, it patches perfectly, but soon as I try to run the game it doesn't load, it shows as running, then nothing, I really wanted to use this on my private server so I could use the live map update, this way I am not getting lost all the time lol...

hope someone can help me diagnose this problem. thanks

this is the client log when I try to run the patched client

[02:51:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: ModLoader version v0.3.3-cac710e
[02:51:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Loading mods\digtoground.properties
[02:51:00 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: Loading mods\ebonywandmod.properties
[02:51:00 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.clientlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: org/gotti/wurmunlimited/modloader/interfaces/ServerStartedListener

then nothing, doesn't load beyond this

04:09:17 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoader: ModLoader version v0.16.1-8841651
[04:09:18 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: javassist.NotFoundException: com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: javassist.NotFoundException: com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher
 at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.registerHook(HookManager.java:254)
 at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ProxyServerHook.registerStartRunningHook(ProxyServerHook.java:58)
 at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ProxyServerHook.<init>(ProxyServerHook.java:33)
 at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ProxyServerHook.getInstance(ProxyServerHook.java:152)
 at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ServerHook.createServerHook(ServerHook.java:79)
 at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher.main(DelegatedLauncher.java:19)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at javassist.Loader.run(Loader.java:288)
 at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:33)
Caused by: javassist.NotFoundException: com.wurmonline.server.ServerLauncher
 at javassist.ClassPool.get(ClassPool.java:452)
 at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.registerHook(HookManager.java:250)
 ... 11 more

server log this is as far as it goes then shuts off, I have the mod loader running successfully in dedicated server folder, without any dramas at all. just doesn't seem to work with the client version

i would reinstall the modlauncher again. making sure that all the files are there.

try not to install the Server mod launcher in the Client folder, or visa versa, i have done that a few times by mistake.(delete the wrong files from the client/server install where necessary)