Sign in to follow this  
Beastwolf

Does nobody care how bad Esteron looks ?(picture inside)

Esteron Looks half complete with randomly colored buildings. I wish they would finally redo this and make it look a lot more appealing. (This is Esteron's actual token, not outside of it)

It's not the most populated area I understand that but it couldn't hurt to update its appearance. I live nearby and have to see it every day. I don't mean to trash talk, but I would love to see this fixed :). Please support me on this 

:D  ^_^

wurm_20151116_2242.jpg

wurm_20151116_2251.jpg

wurm_20151116_2251_1.jpg

Edited by Beastwolf
  • Like 6

Meh. Esteron, you should see Whitefey lmao not even one building, your should feel lucky, that's an castle compair to whitefey. Which is a dead end road with a token and a few NPC merchants scattered about on hilly roadsides.

Trust me whitefey could use a lot more attention then esteron. Just saying ..

I gotta support my hometown Vortexx  :P

Edited by Beastwolf

My recommendation is that Staff should run a contest, super easy.

Players, using Deed Planner or what not, may design a new Esteron that meets the requirements put forth by Staff.

The contestants publish their deeds and the players vote on which one will get the contract.

The winner of the contest gets the title "Esteron Planner" and a permanent sign in the town.

Afterwards, Esteron is temporarily removed from the New Player map for the period of 1 month.

The Esteron Planner is responsible for laying out and ensuring that the new Esteron is created using their own materials (or purchased materials).

Anyone who assists, when the town is completed, gets "Esteron ReBuilder" title.

Once the town is complete, its readded to the New Player selection.

Should the Esteron Planner fail to have the city completed in time (too grandoise of a plan, not enough other player support), they're stripped of their title, get a new "Bad" title and a temporary (but longer term) negative applied to their character.

• Like 4

That's not a bad idea Drused. 

My recommendation is that Staff should run a contest, super easy.

Players, using Deed Planner or what not, may design a new Esteron that meets the requirements put forth by Staff.

The contestants publish their deeds and the players vote on which one will get the contract.

The winner of the contest gets the title "Esteron Planner" and a permanent sign in the town.

Afterwards, Esteron is temporarily removed from the New Player map for the period of 1 month.

The Esteron Planner is responsible for laying out and ensuring that the new Esteron is created using their own materials (or purchased materials).

Anyone who assists, when the town is completed, gets "Esteron ReBuilder" title.

Once the town is complete, its readded to the New Player selection.

Should the Esteron Planner fail to have the city completed in time (too grandoise of a plan, not enough other player support), they're stripped of their title, get a new "Bad" title and a temporary (but longer term) negative applied to their character.

I volunteer to become volunteer staff and oversee it.

That way it doesn't take up any real resources from the main staff.

Points of interaction with Staff:

1) Addition of Title into code

2) Removing Esteron from Starter City status

3) Providing 1 month deed to Winner

4) Readding Esteron to Starter City status.

• Like 1

Good idea with the competition about player-made designs. +1 from me.

I don't really know why staff-made starting "towns" look like they do, after all it's the first what new people see when they enter the server - and it would be a good idea to make that first look inviting. And please don't make them all huge castles and fortified towns, starter locations should be small, after all they're mostly just spawn points and nobody lives there. 

• Like 2

Good idea with the competition about player-made designs. +1 from me.

I don't really know why staff-made starting "towns" look like they do, after all it's the first what new people see when they enter the server - and it would be a good idea to make that first look inviting. And please don't make them all huge castles and fortified towns, starter locations should be small, after all they're mostly just spawn points and nobody lives there. 

Start towns used to be built by GM's and made pretty, has this changed? Or  have Xan starter towns just kind of been forgotten in the shuffle?

Well the busiest starter area in EVE, The Howl, has no buildings and no npcs if I remember correctly. Nothing new there.

When I started I went South from The Howl, so after hours of play I had no idea where any bartender or trader would be. I drank water and fasted, like a real man  :)

The starter points in Xanadu were always primitive, but functional.

Edited by Cista

Esteron's colors are a bit garish.

I'm a fan of Greymead.

Spoiler

sFB10za.jpg

• Like 1

Sloping Sands had a re-do not too far back, really improved upon what it was.  Addition of functional areas was nice.

Whitefay on Xan... yeah.. what's up with that?

work at glasshollow seems unfinished too...  meh gms giveup :D

Yeah well Vrock is becoming busy i never thought i 'd see the day... you trip over "ahem" newbies..... and the town is quaint....