Sign in to follow this  
Hippiedruid

Even with upkeep off, settlements still lose money from coffers and disband automatically

Upkeep fpr tile ownership is free,

But

I have found out that spirit templars are not....

Upkeep fpr tile ownership is free,

But

I have found out that spirit templars are not....

Really?

=oO

I have not been keeping track. Mine today says:

The settlement has 2 silver 72 copper and 42 iron   

5 guards hired

The monthly cost is 0 irons

The upkeep will last approx. 336 days more

I guess I better check every day, can a GM character reset it or add to the amount or anything?

How many guards were on the deeds that disbanded? Are the guards taking full or reduced wages?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Our main deed on a PvP server had 20 Templars, some one noticed upkeep was under 1 silver, so we added more silver and reduced the Templers to 10.

The upkeep on the server I play on says it will last "infinite" or "infinitely"

If you have days, you might have a problem........

I'm on a PvP server, the info for settlement shows The monthly cost is 0 irons, I have one spirit templar, and the settlement still loses money slowly.

Also, if you hire/fire a single templar as it appears in your settlement (trying to get male/female templar) you will lose 1 silver from coffers each time.

edit: I also have the The upkeep will last approx. 336 days more.

Edited by Hippiedruid

I went to do some testing, on a separate custom server I had. The server was set to:

Server Upkeep Enabled (Unchecked)

No deeding Costs (Checked)

If my character was set at level 5 GM, her ebony wand had this section under Server>

paymentserver.GIF

This does not match my Manage Server options because under server settings it is set to NOT be a Home Server and to BE a Login server, the opposite of the checlboxes on the wand. So I am not sure what the ebony wand options do. CHanging them to uncheck "payment server" then confirm(send) had no effect, the boxes stayed checked or not as before. In establishing the deed from a deedstake, I think there was a checkbox marked "Permanent" which I did NOT check as I was not sure what that did, but that might explain the "indefinite" on days remaining. O do not know if only GMs have that box or anyone. 

If all settlements started with a deed stake are created with 3 silver in coffer (which my test today suggested?) it might mean my deed with the message "The settlement has 2 silver 72 copper and 42 iron"  has some sort of countdown underway perhaps due to guards getting some reduced monthly pay? And the deeds that actually disbanded had lots of guards pulling reduced pay from a starting 3 silver pool? Or it might not mean anything of the sort. It does suggest I have a little amount of time yet to worry about it ut that people with LOTS of guards may have more to worry about, depending how much of their initial 3 silver was spent. 

All of the deeds say 336 days remaining regardless of when they were started (weeks ago or today)  or how many guards they have. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors