Sign in to follow this  
Shmeric

Finality - life's good

Sniff.

Finality is going through inactivity moods these days.

Everyone's still welcome to join the ranks as always, but if you're looking for a place with people running around and shouting "Hi, how are you!" every day, then you may end up being disappointed.

I warmly suggest hooking up with Oakheart.

Or you can come and be alone with us.

Dot dot dot.

Highways. Reaching everywhere, seemingly endless.

Adventures. Waiting for you, offering challenges and rewards.

Ruins. Perishing slowly in silence, but the tales they could tell.

Travellers. Brave fortune seekers, or desperately adrift in the seas of the wilderness.

Sol and the moons. Observing, dispartial, tranquil.

And then there's us, silly bunch of people who throw every bit of wisdom to the wind and spoil a perfectly good and profound intro.

Finality

Life's good.

A fun group of friendly people (cannot sell us as boring and hostile, can I). We play, we idle, we admire eachother's underwear fashion and occasionally we succeed in... things.  

Our village has had ups and downs, more people and less people, but we're still here. Looks like even the Deed Reaper has facepalmed and given up on us.

oBe9yvE.png

We don't care too much about making money, please bring your own. However, we are friendly and caring and we share your stuff, please bring a lot of money.
Over time we've grown resistant to bad meals. There's a rule not to beat the cook, hence we all do cooking. Badly, but kill ratio is near zero.

We have learned to decrease long term suffering by falling on the head on the first try.

Our horses recently learned to walk forward, sheep have stopped barking (they picked up sneezing though) and bisons don't have constant gas anymore (some still argue that's not an improvement).

FREE subscription to our yearly discontinued newsletter.

Rodrigues is back!

PICTURES!

Spoiler

OjxnWxK.png

0uu0HGm.png

gKFZ8Tp.png

Uppag76.png

P6iQN2R.png

j92X2jA.png

fTzn57m.png

pgXaUZM.png

aS2nrdA.png

In the name of all the wonderful citizens in Finality,

protector and creator of all that's blue and shiny,

owner of sand in everyone's shoes,

- Shmeric

PS. You can also try to reach out to and /tell your funniest childhood stories or dirtiest pensioner jokes to Naiani and/or Gheen.

Edited by Shmeric
I didn't want to, but I was given no choice
  • Like 7

Great post , I hope you get a good newbie or two to join you. :D

Threads like this make me wish I was a fresh player again :)

Good luck there, may Wurm be friendly with you and bring you all the fun and enjoyment you're looking for ;)

News from this remote part of the world.

We now have a new bridge to mainland. Because we're awesome and life's good :)

(thank you, Cevanne, for helping us plan and build it)

rJgD9Q1.jpg

s5on4c8.jpg

Oh and we've also got some of this...

uMZXaS3.jpg

A little low quality, but my potato machine is old..

• Like 4

Nice looking place, 'almost' wish I was a newbie again :)  Fun times when everything was a challenge ;)

• Like 1

Theres guys are really friendly and nice, they give me a couple sheeps  :D

thanks

Do you still have room for some new blood?

I'm currently in Lormere, looking for a nice place to settle down and who can say no to an island with a view like that? :)

My skills are still pretty limited, but I am a quick study and I promise to cook, clean and perform menial labour with only a moderate amount of grumbling.

It looks like the easiest way to get to Finality from Lormere would be by boat, so I guess building one will be my next goal.

• Like 1

Room found, fresh blood aquired. Expecting harvest in 1-15 months. Yumm.

I've been in Finality just over a month now and I'm really glad I joined this settlement. The island is very beautiful, with stunning views on all sides and spacious housing plots. Everyone I've met has been really nice so far and the community spirit is strong, making for a really relaxed and awesome atmosphere. :) 

I've built my house up the hill on the west side of the deed and have been working hard over the past few weeks to make this side feel a bit more homely - instead of barren steppelands, we now have some brandnew farming terraces & an orchard to gaze upon:

tj9bh4R.png

We've welcomed some more citizens in the past few weeks, however there are still one or two empty plots up for grabs! :)

• Like 3

Shmeric climbs out of a deep hole in the ground, dusts his pants for no evident success and leans on the shovel

Oh, hey!

Didn't notice you there at first, I was too busy digging this darn hole here.

Looks into the pit and grins

You see, I had a "great idea" about a year ago and it has been riding my sweaty arse since then. I'd rather not talk about it...

Anyhow. You looking for a place to stay? I live not far from here, in this nice green village Finality, and our people would happily welcome you to join the jumble.

I'll send my birds ahead so they know of your coming. Gheen and Naiani, our busybee elders, will show you around.

Now. I better get back to my thing here.

Sighs, flexes, nods at you and jumps into the pit

Some new pictures!

Spoiler

00MEXuI.jpg

6ODcWLl.jpg

mtvFSw1.jpg

J8jV6Hg.jpg

pOujcyR.jpg

9nnBTDP.jpg

VIIs1nB.jpg

UZfVQDL.jpg

R2EQhMj.jpg

36ecftj.jpg

Edited by Shmeric
  • Like 2

Hey! I am a returning player and was wondering if your village was still recruiting?

Hello! I'm also a returning player and I have plenty of rusty tools to share. Who would I contact if I wanted to join you guys on your island?

Hello Ashanaak! I apologize for the long reply time.

If you haven't already found another village you can contact Naiani, Shmeric, or myself (Gheen ingame as well). We'd love to have you!

We have succeeded in a few things, let's try to sum up.

Poetically, of course.

A fair bit off the Linton - Newspring highway. To the east.

Through the valley of {to be named}.

In and out of the Neverwinter not so secret winecellars.

hic. hic. hurraaay... okh. wher'z dze outt? Ah ya danke kind, err, sheep?

Missed the first bridge by 12 yards, but at least it brought the eyesight back somewhat.

Under the silent guard of pink? big soldier thing.

Ryan, put your shirt on, we have talked about this. Or shave your back...

For crying out loud...

Nope, not poetically tuned in tonight to handle this mess. Maybe next year.

Have a few pictures of old and new. Join us. Or don't. Whatever. We're cas. Cool beans! Yea bro.

Spoiler

ETTsKVM.jpg

Neverwinter distillery. The usual screening process for suitable applicants will be conducted here.

9gLHm7z.jpg

Waiting for the sun to pop out again, after successfully passing the screening process.

7iua9b9.jpg

The promised land. Who the hick gave a what promise now eh what?

Disclaimer in fine text: we promise you nothing.

Q82i3Gs.jpg

Ryanwew has been photoshopped out of this picture for reasons.

j/k. He's behind that building there.

Yes, that's a bump.

• Like 3

I would like to welcome Inkosana, Gravitar, and Hoseph to the village!

We still have room for more villagers!

Our current projects are knocking down our current 1 lane bridge to the mainland and replacing it with a 2 wide so we can finally hook up to the highway, creating more farmland for villagers, and teraforming a larger / closer area to be used as a village tree farm.

So we are, in fact, alive and well! (well being a relative term)  :D 

Feel free to message Naiani, Shmeric, or myself with any questions you may have!

Edited by Gheen
  • Like 2

I am pleased to welcome Kokoyo, Jatch, Ravenpriest, and Kolbuingen to Finality! Welcome to the family!

We've recently completed some deed renovations and opened up 10+ new plots for villagers. So we still have plenty of room for anyone looking for a home! We also have room for players to live in the mine if you're feeling a bit dwarf-y (No one has taken us up on that offer yet so we're just using the space to store our booze)

The village farm expansion is complete and ready for veggies! The next order of business is the new and improved bridge to the mainland :D 

• Like 1

Man... if only i was a newcomer with zero knowledge of anything, i would join this group instantly now that i have read this thread :) got a feeling from this i cant describe... in a good and positive way.

• Like 2

First of all, I would like to welcome Sigared / Arni, Krooser, Moryath, Wulffgrymm, Turtlewolf, Darlak, Tri, and Xakata to the village! as well as welcoming the villages of Bluemoon, Kaj Blood, and Northgard to the alliance!

We've all been quite busy around the deed and we have finally rebuilt our bridge to the mainland as a 2-wide and we can officially say that Finality is connected to the highway! (Please clap)

The new village plots that I mentioned in my previous comment are filling up quickly and we have also added a new community crafting area and mine tunnel to the area so that everything is within reach! But, even though we are filling up quickly... There is still room! There is always room! (Please join. Shmeric really needs more friends because he just yells at me all day.)

If you ever want to join, just have some questions, or just want to chat! Feel free to message Naiani, Shmeric, or Myself :D 

Here are a few pictures of our new and improved bridge! +harbor stuff! (Also, you can stop clapping now)

From above! 

zA8uGHd.png
From the bridge!
jL04SCl.png
New plots! While supplies last!
fRpzthn.png

Edited by Gheen

The final phase in redesigning our harbour and bridge was moving the village guard. Turned out to be a fun little trip :)

Clickyy click on it.

Pink Trip

For the record, if you are worried about the final placement - his cohones are safe, we moved the fire bowl on the big stick further away.

Edited by Shmeric
imgur cut the gif
  • Like 6

A very helpful bunch! Highly recommend this as a place to live for both new and old players!

• Like 1

Have to say :) Got agood laugh at this forum. Stay going strong

• Like 1