Sign in to follow this  
Louie

Map New Features

Hi all I would just like to to put a few ideas I’ve had about the map features and im sorry if these have already been suggested.

Drawing Feature: I think it would be a nice idea to be able to draw roads, cannels etc.

Road Mapping: This idea I had would be awesome imo. If it could be done you would have an option to turn it on and off. For example you want to map the road from your deed to Summerholt so you would go into your map turn on road mapping and walk to summer holt by high way or your own route and the road mapping tool would draw the line on the map automatically.

Map Grid Reference: It would be nice to have a more accurate map reference eg I live @ F24 but that area is still large so what i suggest is to put another grid ref in each sector.

Player Locator: This would be great for pin pointing eg tar, clay, peat etc. So you found your tar tile and you would go to your map and icon flashing or something and using the idea above you would be able to accurately be able to mark the spot.

Thanks for reading and again sorry if these ideas have already been mentioned.

It would be great to hear what you guys think and maybe the gods will make it so :rolleyes:    

Edited by Louie

Woah them letters are big. I liked it better with no in game maps

However, I'm sure this may be useful on freedom. At least some of those ideas.

• Like 1

Playermade/community maps were one of the best things in Wurm.

Not because they were easy to use or always up to date...but because it showed a sense of community. It really isn't hard to map out your local area yourself...it's a lot more fun than just having the game hold your hand and do it for you.

They also 'preserved history' in a weird way, with areas on the map that no longer existed but you could still see where they were etc.

Edited by Outlaw

Thanks for your comments and this was intended for freedom sorry.

Also my ideas were more for village use so the village has it own personal map which villagers can update when they go out to explore etc.

Changed letter size wow they were big lol

Edited by Louie