Sign in to follow this  
Cayce

servers not listed or disappearing

Hi everyone,

Wanted to take a little break in WO and visit a server in WU, reinstalled it... and run into a problem. I know there are a few similar threads already, but none with a solution that worked.

There are just a few servers showing for me in the Internet list, some randomly disappear and reappear in the next start up or refresh. Most of the servers that have threads in the forums here don't show up at all, for example Wyvern.

All ports are open, deactivated Firewall makes no difference... and the weirdest things of all, last time I had WU installed, I could see all servers I'm noq looking for.  :(

The only similarity of the servers showing up atm is that there is no one or only one or two people online.

Also, if I tick or untick any of the "hide full/empty/passworded servers" some of the servers have disappeard again, sometimes leaving me only with one server listed... that's the server thats absolutely always listed (Waifu).

PC of my partner has the same problem, although he can see about three times as many servers  :huh:

Any help would be appreciated!

i have the same problem, i guess it just loads so,e pages of the server list and when you refresh the list you switch to another side. usally you just needd to refresh some more till they show up.

• Like 1

I have already refreshed it like 5 times... maybe I'm just too impatient. However, I've found another way - getting invited via steam by someone who is playing on a server that I can't find works. (although in the window that popped up said "server not responding". Hmm.)

Thanks for your fast answer though :)

Edited by Cayce

do you have a checkmark on using dedicated server? I heard from other forum users that it sometimes messes up characters and server display :o 

No, none of the boxes is checked  :(
Constantly refreshing does definitely not show me the server I'm looking for although I've got some new ones now. I guess I'll have to wait for being invited again and then hope for the server showing up in history.

the Filter option does not make your desired server show up?

For instance if I type "Wy" I always see Wyvern, "Skl" always shows Sklotopoia etc

some servers seem very slow to show on a refresh, I expect also there is a limit on how many total servers can be listed 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Sadly no, I can only filter for the servers that are already on my list, for everything else I just get no result :/

I guess the server is one of those slow ones... I have it in history now since I played there via invitation... but it takes long to actually show up (still isn't in the internet list though xD)

I am finding that even servers in History and Favorite are disappearing.  I add them again next time, but they sometimes disappear.

Today, I saw lots of servers, checked my favorites and they were gone, hit refresh and now no servers appear anywhere.  Restarted the game and no servers.

After a bit of digging, I found that there was a wurm.exe running in Task Manager.  I manually killed this and tried again and now everything is back to normal.

So FWIW, it might be possible that you have two copies running (and the normal warning to prevent this just didn`t appear) - worth checking.

This bug is getting really annoying <_<

I wish there's an option to set one server as the default one and just skip all this buggy "server selection" mess completely.

steam is down today if you restart steam you want be able to connect to it. Got to wait on valve to fix what ever they did in the patch yesterday.

2 hours ago, Arkonick said:

steam is down today

This (empty history and favourites) is happening regularly, even when Steam is perfectly fine, not only today.

I am having this same issue.  The Wurm online server I logged into as recently as this morning is now not showing in Favorites anymore, or in my history, or in my server list.  It does show up for my friends, who play on the same server.  It's frustrating.  How do I get to the server if it's not showing up for me?  My friends are on right now, I know the server is up and available.  One of my friends sent me a link to invite me to play, and when I click on that link I get some error about client / server version mismatch.  I suspect the error message is wrong, since my friends are on the server.  Is there some way to verify my install of Wurm?  There are tons of servers in my server list, but not the one I play on regularly, where my character is.  I can connect to other servers and create characters there.

How do I get support for this game?  Steam support directed me to this forum.  

Sounds like your server has been updated to 1.4.0.0 and your client is still on the last version you might need to opt in to beta and then you will not have a issue