Sign in to follow this  
validate

[WIP] 8192 huge rivers type map, with pre-built cities to explore, quests when possible. Concept stage. map made. many mods added

After playing WO for 5 yrs, and checking out other servers, I thought I'd start my idea, and see what folks think of the ideas I have, and gain new ideas, before opening up the server.

Map 8192 Huge map with rivers

Server Edits:

-Faster cart and wagon travel,  40-50km/h

-Forges interal volume same as a carval , 100 ores easy, but hey I didn't stop there, I'd like to see one forge used for it all, so I increased cauldens and backpacks to hold 100 ores. heck each backpack can hold a 100 backpacks with 100 ore. or backpack, with 100 backpacks with 100 backpacks ect... you get the idea, endless.  so forges, chests, magic chests can hold endless items, even made it so rafts fit in backpacks, not on purpose but hey helps to put large items in a chest. this also increased carts and wagons and boats.

-Faster skill gain and actions.

-Characteristics , I hate starting with low body str and not able to ride a horse. plus the que'ed actions. so all stats start at 29.  one more potin for 4 actions ;-)

-All other skills start at 10 ,saves everyone a couple hours of failing. 

MODs in:

-removed priest restrictions,

-better meditation

-Bounty mod for coins from kills

-crops never turn to weeds

-bulk transport mod, faster movement of bulk

-prospect mod

-Weaponsmith, prospecting,channeling,coal-making,metalurgy,natural-sub, fine carp, forage, botanize  all extra increase skill gain

-creature mod, lots of new animals more as He makes them,  But I think you need to add it to your graphic.jar in your launcher

-bag of hold spell mod, but i think i'll take it out, since I edited some times to hold a ton

-No deed upkeep

MODs waiting for, and or server edits I need to learn:

-more starting gear, better QL

-faster ships,  large area's to explore and settle, want to increase travel

-placement costs for deeds. but from granted silver,  not sure how to do yet, but I want to give all new players 10siver to start with , place your deeds and hire guards,  resize deeds from the silver you gain playing.  this way no-one starts out with huge deeds then quits leaving a mess.

-My thoughts are to give silver based on play time, so deeds can grow, also pay players for towers and hi-ways.

-and plan to pay in silvers, for players making adventure spots. extra silver given for personal deed,  I'll use my alt system to plant adventure deeds, and add in workers, this will protect the areas.

Map plan,  huge starter island, Already started, make huge town for everyone to live in while they learn and skill up for their owwn adventure. huge plubic workshops and mines.  also so adventures to cehck into. finding keys to gain access to cirtters to see, like dragons.   a Zoo on a 2nd deed so guards don't kill them lol.

plan to map a few adventure areas,, inspired by the faction fight brothers.  I want to use forgotten realms info and city names, but I need to get permision first, tell then, similar names till then.   like the giant city of waterdeep, evil cities like zhentil keep Darkhold, deed question town Phlan , from pool of radiance game.  I hope to get help and make 10-20 areas on this huge map, as adventure area's until we can mod in quests and missions.

large hunting areas, with large stone walls around, safari style. enclosers of just mountain loins, bears, wolves, ect...

looking for more ideas,  and mods ideas.   ,i'll add map pic soon

-North east corner, island is the starter deed, close to 500x500 tiles  over 3g gold coins upkeep lol

riversmap.png

Edited by validate
  • Like 2

-Faster cart and wagon travel,  40-50km/h

prospecting,fine carp,   all extra increase skill gain

I did have the server up in December and January.  But so little players and time was limited for me also to develop.  I still have the map and plan to one day work on it and someday maybe host again. When I know I'll have time to play and Dev