Sign in to follow this  
icbash

Remove Height Min's Over Water Bridges

Remove Height Min's over Water For Bridges

When Bridge is On 2story Of a a House at Water level and other Side is Over 200Dirt Over Water Level

There is No Need For it to Be Over 80Drits Off Water Table. And Over Land to Boot.

And Who Came Up with this 80Dirt Over water and Why?

A Caravel Height Above Water 35 Dirt or so(wiki)

• Like 3

Wiki is not always correct. The ship models got changed but the new height above water I do not believe is active yet due to being a bit buggy still.

Have you built a 1-3 tile long brick bridge between two 1 floor buildings yet? If not build one and try walking under one of those.

• Like 1

For 1 Im A wiki Editor. Two I have made all kinds of crazy thngs

7dSgFKU.jpg2

Vwcy5Qu.jpghere

Its Crap code. and needs to be fixed

here look at this

Tul5s23.jpg

both are over Clay and over 300drit high  on one side you mean to tell me even if u built them over water u could not Sail under them.??

the code should Allow this .

But they where Hard coded rules No If, or, then

As it stand Know You can not.

Edited by icbash
  • Like 1

I am completely fed up with the minimum 80 above water level - my deed and area does not suit this requirement, meaning that to avoid it, I have to make lots of shorter bridges - most annoying.

Would still like to know the maximum length of a flat stone bridge, starting 40 above water, which is more than enough for bridges to pass under - surely ! ? ? !

• Like 3

I'm tempted to agree, but what I'd like to see is some kind of developer-perspective justification for the requirement in the first place. I really don't get why it's in place.

• Like 1

If you build bridges with gate houses don't expect to enjoy using them with a cart/horse, you will get disembarked so often it will just be frustrating.

The code could use some tweaking to be sure, but I think there is a very long list of stuff to tweak in this game.

I wish I had read this thread sooner.  I'm trying to connect an island I built to my deed on the mainland and this stupid rule has caused me to have to redesign everything.  Why require the bridge to start on the third floor!!??  Isn't the whole point of arched bridges to give clearance?

And honestly who cares if boats clip through the bridge when sailing under?  This is a game where we can walk through trees....

• Like 1

I have to agree, this 80 Dirt over Water is just plain stupid.

• Like 1

Maybe it has to do with the look/code of the legs (whatever that part is called) ?

+1 to altering it if possible

+1 if we will still be able to sail under these low bridges.

Edited by zigozag