Sign in to follow this  
Zorac

How to make a fair and balanced map?

Hey there!

I am making my own map for a upcoming server/community of mine. Although i can easily get the map looking good in terms of mountains and water i am having a few problems in terms of how much clay/tar and most of all how much resources (iron, gold, zinc and so on) the map should have. I dont want it to be to crowded with forests all over the place i would like for the forests to be the same as in WO in terms of different wood-types and what not. The resources should be a little bit easier to find then the regular WO-servers but at the same time not to easy. I currently using the wgenerator 2.7 so the numbers i am using is % for resources.

You guys got any suggestions or tips for me?

I can also give someone a finished map in terms of mountain and water and let that person put out forests/resources and what not if it turns out good i can pay you a small sum of $$$ as token of my gratitude. 

- Zorac

If you want it WO style then just don't do it, since WU has the ore and resource generators (no need to pay for someone to do those steps for you), others have left out those maps just did a heightmap and it generated the rest.   If you instead do biomes yourself it needs to be complete with all resources, it will not do partial generations, it only triggers on missing maps.  Until someone crawls thru those codes hard to say what distributions it uses.

Edited by yarnevk

Wait.. so if i understand you correctly, all i have to do is a heightmap and drop dirt and it fill the biomes and resources by itself? Thats not how it works if thought i understand this whole thing correct.

Okay, it did generate those files but my map had no trees or biomes so i am guessing that i either did something wrong or that it dont work like you think it works. Either way, i decided that i will do the biomes myself, just going to need to put some extra focus in to that.