Sign in to follow this  
ago

Harvest helper

Olives are in season on my server so I figured it would be time for a harvest helper mod

Ideas I got so far:

* command /seasons which prints all seasons and estimated time

* login message if something is in season or is about to go into season

* allow harvesting while mounted

So here I request additional ideas ;)

• Like 1

i guess it wont be possible to get more from trees when your skill gets higher right? than maybe make a +2 harvest mod for trees bushes :-)

I used to use a Windows Taskbar mod for Wurm Online that was graphical, worked great for windows mod as it was designed to look like it was in the game.  Sadly do not remember what it was, be nice if all those WO modders ported their calculators to WU.

A more ambitious immersion mod would be one that changes the texture packs to show fruit so you could see that things are in season.  That should be feasible since tree texture packs are already swappable for seasons, just need to find the code that does that and add additional checks for the fruiting days, then handpaint some fruit on the leaves textures.  Pretty much the same thing as farming textures.

Edited by yarnevk

Might be a little more tricky but could make it so if you ride/walk over a fruit tree tile which is in season you get an event message like "You notice some ripe lemons on that tree" would either have to have a lastsent variable on the player so it only tells them once per hour say or just a low chance of sending the message.

The message is probably missed much easier than the login message and it's checking the conditions if there's a tree and if the tree is ripe and if the player has never seen the message on every tile the player passes for little to no gain.