Sign in to follow this  
spellcast

November and December Events:

So, The october event went pretty well, and I have gone ahead and turned off the ability to begin the event. I have decided not to give you guys a complete list of what was possible in the catacombs because, lets face it.. it's more fun to keep all of you wondering if you found everything.

(yeah, I'm evil like that sometimes)

Anyhow, Moving into the next few months I've got a couple of announcements to make.

First, The november event will be held on pristine, but will be a fairly small, more basic hunt. I'm going to try for 4-5 clues and 2-3 puzzles so that I can complete it quickly. The reason for this is that we want to do something fairly big for December, but also want to respect the time, effort, energy, and traditions of the Impalongs that are such a staple of the wurm holiday season to many of us.

Which brings us to the December event. We are going to hold it on Xanadu, and it will be similar in design to the October event, in that the event will run completely within a single deed and be a large maze/labyrinth instead of a chase across the map.

The deed in question (when I get it set up) will NOT be one of the start deeds, instead I am going to set up a teleport that will permit players to travel TO the event from ANY of the start deeds, and then return to the town they came FROM. (there will be NO other access to the event deed) To avoid conflicting with the impalongs, I am aiming to run it around midmonth, that is another reason for the November event being fairly short, I am basically already creating two events at the same time. 

As time gets a bit closer, I will be starting a thread for each individual event, (the november thread should go up.. uhh, soon..ish..(maybe)

• Like 4

Always excited to see Spellcast events. Hopefully I'll be able to participate in the Xanadu one.

If this does not conflict with our impalong (Dec 16-23) It will be the first time I attend one of your wild party's. :P

Edited by Chiqa

Hah, I am already cringing slighty at the thought of spending another 6 disorientating hours running through a cave system, Only thing i would ask is if the event could be held a little earlier for us Europeans.