Sign in to follow this  
Takinshi

Someone's knocking down fences?

[04:48:45] <Stevelee> 

[04:48:49] <Takinshikaze> o/

[04:48:50] <Stevelee> hello

[04:49:00] <Stevelee> have you been knocking down gates recently?

[04:49:07] <Takinshikaze> Nope

[04:49:16] <Takinshikaze> Altars, yes. lol

[04:49:35] <Stevelee> ok, u were here half a day ago, its nr sloppy hollow north east, a wall surrounding a house with a high fence

[04:49:44] <Stevelee> tracked your prints on the tile

[04:49:51] <Stevelee> so someone must be using your account

[04:49:53] <Takinshikaze> XD like... a few hours ago.

[04:50:02] <Stevelee> was the fence knocked down

[04:50:06] <Stevelee> when u got here

[04:50:12] <Takinshikaze> o_O? I've no clue.

[04:50:25] <Takinshikaze> I don't know what area you're referring to really.

[04:50:32] <Takinshikaze> I seen a sign with your name on it though. lol.

[04:50:35] <Stevelee> your prints are at the knocked down fence. someone used your account to be here a few hours ago.  - it's a house with a tall wall urrounding it

[04:50:52] <Stevelee> can you rememebr a house with a tall wall wurrounding it

[04:50:52] <Takinshikaze> Someone as in me? o_O

[04:50:55] <Stevelee> your player name

[04:51:01] <Stevelee> [12:48:32] You find tracks of Takinshikaze leading right done more than half a day ago

[04:51:15] <Takinshikaze> Yeah, I am saying I repeate, Me, I have been romping around for the last six hours

[04:51:28] <Takinshikaze> I explore and snoop everywhere. lol.

[04:51:35] <Stevelee> please dont knock down fences or locked gates on perimters

[04:51:53] <Stevelee> [12:51:52] This is within the perimeter of Melnibone.

[04:51:55] <Takinshikaze> That's a bad accusation stevelee. You shouldn't jump to conclusions.

[04:52:08] <Stevelee> it wasnt an accusation it was a request

[04:52:11] <Stevelee> im washing my hands

[04:52:55] <Takinshikaze> o_o'

[04:52:55] <System> Stevelee is not currently available, please try again later. 

Either someone's been knocking down fences gates or walls, or this guy is paranoid. o_O Can anyone make sense of the hand washing statement for me? I can't tell if that was literal or a bad metaphor. They bailed mid conversation before I could ask...

Edited by Takinshi

Washing hands = having no part in it.

Also Trolls are able to smack fences. I had 140palisades and sometimes a few fell down due trolls on deed

Some had 0dmg and other fences 64dmg. Not that rare

Edit: perimeters are free land

Edited by silakka

[04:50:35] <Stevelee> your prints are at the knocked down fence. someone used your account to be here a few hours ago

Tracking is notoriously unreliable. It picks up "tracks" of people who sailed past or rode past a number of riles away.

Ask them to file a GM report however offdeed fences are no longer protected, however I would consider someone knocking a settlement's fences in their own perimeter to be potential griefing if they can demonstrate a pattern of harassment.

Also as stated, it could have been a troll which enjoy smacking down fences (I have had that happen to me; I also thought it was a malicious player)

"Washing your hands" is a way of saying you are done with responsibility for some issue. I think the origin is Pontiius Pilate washing his hands when the mob demanded Jesus be punished and not some other criminals. 

It's a way to say, "Fine. Whatever."

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

:D Thank you so much for clarifying. I've never heard of the phrase before.

Takinshi, can you please remove the large shop sign you left on my perim? Thank you.

Hi,

actually Takinshi, if you happen to get a minute would you mind pulling up the Boat Bridge sign you planted for me. I kinda want to be able to move it and cannot since you planted. No hurry, pls just drop it on my deed and I'll relocate it. Thank ya

Haha, yeah absolutely. :o That's something they should add to permissions. Would be really really nice to be able to change the name of a sign at distance. Too bad it probably won't be possible due to signs having QL based name length. Speaking of all the annoying immobile signs planted allover the place, anyone have any advice for breaking one down? All I can come up with is 10 alts with clubs busting down this damn shop sign a single tile or so off deed. Can't expand my perimeter and this place isn't Sanctuary cove. >: ( lol.

Edited by Takinshi

have a newish alt or a newby citizen 'repair' the sign as you bash. Low repair skills pulls ql off the sign and it will go down faster, believe it or not.

• Like 1