Sign in to follow this  
Nezz_Jaran

Adding Custom Map to WU Client

pBHobDM.png

Figured out how to add custom map to the Wurm Client.  It's a client side change to the graphics pack file and will probably be overwritten during the next update, but it's a start.  

Yeah, quite annoying thing.

If you travel cross the ocean to another server...have to exit...overwrite the image in the jar-file...startup again... Verry annoying. Same thing when heading back, lol.

If you play on different servers you'll have the same thing. Should really be a better system for this.

seems like they could just do what anarchy online did and have a simple loader in the game

they simply added basically load map function you can select a map then it switched it without logging out took one of their interns I think 19mins to code so don't think it would be difficult

• Like 1

I added the custom png-file to the graphics.jar (Ocrea.png from creative mode)

However, the darn random spawnpoints from creative map is still there.

All these focus-zones have been removed from the server database, and all the focus-stones have been removed. Still on the client-side these spawnponts are on the map (overlaying the custom added map).

How to remove them?

The servers wurmlogin.db servers table has a field mapname. This field determines which map is shown. Unfortunatly there's only the fixed two maps defined in the graphics packs and if the name does not match either ocrea or heavenord it displays the overview map.

I'll add a client mod that dynamicly adds entries and displays the texture from map.mapname

It seems to be in the client - graphics.jar - mapunlimited.xml

Sorry but for a simpleton like me could you please explain the steps to setting up my map please.

Thanks for any help you can give. :D