Sign in to follow this  
AbsolutelyNobody

[RELEASED] Hitching Fence

Z02XdpT.jpg?1

You can hitch up to 2 animals to this fence, turn it, push it, improve it, destroy it and repair it. Eventually I like to make a new model for it but for now it will use the regular wooden fence model.

Creation:
Large nail on a log
Add 2 logs, 2 iron ribbons, 3 large nails

Skill:

Carpentry

Hitching Fence 1.0.3

Edited by AbsolutelyNobody
  • Like 14

Hopefully somedat someone will figure a way to add a working food and water trough ^_^ (even if animals don;t actually drink water, a static water container is still a nice perk)

• Like 5

Nide work....we've been asking rolf for this for years and all it takes is just a few minutes to do. Seems to have a problem with the model not showing up. You changed the model name of the dae file but not the mapping.txt . Seeing as the texture file needs to be edited in a 3d proggy (and my blender refuses to open wurms dae files). I changed the model file back to the original name, also added the file for the unfinished version.

changed this in graphics.jar/mappings.txt

# --- Hitching Fence ----------------------------------------

model.structure.hitchingfence   = structures/HitchingFence/Wooden_Fence.dae
model.structure.hitchingfence.unfinished = structures/HitchingFence/Wooden_Fence_Unf.dae

and renamed the files in graphics.jar/structures/HitchingFence to Wooden_Fence.dae and WoodenFence.jpg.

found the unfinished fence version in graphics.jar/models/fences/models/Wooden_Fence_Unf.dae and just copied it over to graphics.jar/structures/HitchingFence.

Still abit of work to do but its a damm good start :D

• Like 1

You are totally right, I actually had it done right in my game but didn't transfer that to the mod files I put out here :)

The newly fixed file is up now:
Hitching Fence 1.0.2

Let me know if there are any more issues

*trying to share the files with dropbox now because filedroppper kept deleting my files

Edited by AbsolutelyNobody

Is there no way to just use the fence model in game without requiring a client mod?

Nice, good work by the way please do not take that as critisism at all. I just would like to swipe this mod myself but without a client injector need it to be all server side :)

• Like 1

Nice, good work by the way please do not take that as critisism at all. I just would like to swipe this mod myself but without a client injector need it to be all server side :)

• Like 1

no ago modloader version??? im not a huge fan of editing server files directly like this one. 

Edited by Saiyan

no ago modloader version??? im not a huge fan of editing server files directly like this one. 

Would love to have a modloader, but I have no clue how to set that up.

I have never done any coding before WU :)

• Like 2

Thank you for this maybe someone will help you convert this for use in Ago's Modloader!!

Yes!! I have been wanting this mod since WU came out. I hope someone can help convert it for the modloader

Strange, when I added this an old version of the mission ruler missions bug came back listing start missions that would never go away. Did you create this from old decompiles?

Another thing, seems to be based on tent template, so it can't be placed on deeds.

Nide work....we've been asking rolf for this for years and all it takes is just a few minutes to do. Seems to have a problem with the model not showing up. You changed the model name of the dae file but not the mapping.txt . Seeing as the texture file needs to be edited in a 3d proggy (and my blender refuses to open wurms dae files). I changed the model file back to the original name, also added the file for the unfinished version.

changed this in graphics.jar/mappings.txt

# --- Hitching Fence ----------------------------------------

model.structure.hitchingfence   = structures/HitchingFence/Wooden_Fence.dae

model.structure.hitchingfence.unfinished = structures/HitchingFence/Wooden_Fence_Unf.dae

and renamed the files in graphics.jar/structures/HitchingFence to Wooden_Fence.dae and WoodenFence.jpg.

found the unfinished fence version in graphics.jar/models/fences/models/Wooden_Fence_Unf.dae and just copied it over to graphics.jar/structures/HitchingFence.

Still abit of work to do but its a damm good start :D

Herald i'll get this added on the server tonight.   Now we just need feeding troughs 

Edited by razoreqx

Now if only you could make it a post (instead of a full fence) and ditch the 'not on deed' problem, it'll be awesome :D

a hitching fence should only have one top rail, and I was thinking it would be cool to have a hitching post that could be planted the same as a lamp

Strange, when I added this an old version of the mission ruler missions bug came back listing start missions that would never go away. Did you create this from old decompiles?

Pretty sure I used new ones but i'll check into that

Another thing, seems to be based on tent template, so it can't be placed on deeds.

I managed to place mine on deed. Do you own the deed? might be just a deed setting if you don't own it.

Oh, also did you create it on deed or just try to spawn it on the deed?

Now if only you could make it a post (instead of a full fence) and ditch the 'not on deed' problem, it'll be awesome :D

a hitching fence should only have one top rail, and I was thinking it would be cool to have a hitching post that could be planted the same as a lamp

I can't change the model yet. so gonna have to wait for that

Bottom rail is to scrape off the soles of your boots.

No issues on deed here, works perfectly.

On 11/13/2015 at 8:35 PM, AbsolutelyNobody said:

Z02XdpT.jpg?1

You can hitch up to 2 animals to this fence, turn it, push it, improve it, destroy it and repair it. Eventually I like to make a new model for it but for now it will use the regular wooden fence model.

Creation:
Large nail on a log
Add 2 logs, 2 iron ribbons, 3 large nails

Skill:

Carpentry

Hitching Fence 1.0.3

Link doesn't work???

On 11/14/2015 at 6:35 AM, AbsolutelyNobody said:

You are totally right, I actually had it done right in my game but didn't transfer that to the mod files I put out here :)

The newly fixed file is up now:
Hitching Fence 1.0.2

Let me know if there are any more issues

*trying to share the files with dropbox now because filedroppper kept deleting my files

We can’t find what you’re looking for.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:26 AM, Governor said:

thank you very much PingPerfect does not come with a working hitching post or crop wither or unlimited prayers, with priest restrictions on., so 1 down 2 to still try to find that works. I've tried one no crop wither but it wouldn't let my server start :)