Sign in to follow this  
pkerguy

Our hearts with the victims of the Paris attacks.

I'm not sure if most of you know by now, but Paris is under siege right now by an unknown (so far) group. There has been at least 100 deaths (as reported by the media) so far, could be different from the real numbers..

It's 12:39 AM where i live, some parts of my family live in Paris and i can't call them right now because all phone services are messed up, but i have checked up on them on social media, they say it's crazy out there right now they can hear sirens everywhere.

I guess war really never changes afterall, civilians are always the target..

• Like 3

I don't watch the news because of all the negative things they have on it everyday but i did see something about it on instagram and googled about it.  It is sad that there are people out there with so much hate in them and feel they have to take it out on others.

If you want to keep up to date with it, check out:

https://www.reddit.com/live/vwwmdb26t78v

They are gathering and verifying data from numerous different sources, news stations, eye witnesses, social media etc, so it's probably the best place to get actual information. Misinformation is everywhere at a time like this, with news outlets trying to be 'first' and people creating rumors. (Malicious or just from being wrong)

Seems to be 140-160 dead so far, based on which source you take, no idea how many injured.

State of emergency declared.

Borders closed.

Military called in to Paris.

Luckily a few of the bombs failed to go off at the stadium and most of the terrorists have been killed. (Whether by police/military or themselves)

Great to see all the people offering to give people refuge in their homes in Paris tonight though! And taxi drivers giving free rides etc.

Sadly Paris has some recent experience with this sort of situation...so hopefully they can resolve it quickly and get the injured treated soon.

• Like 3

War is coming to Europe.

Our hearts with the victims of the Paris attacks

My deepest condolence to the victim and their families. it must have been a very shocking experience to all of them. i pray justice be done and those who did it will be caught as soon as possible. 

I hope your family stays safe. There are a lot of old tunnels beneath Paris that can be used as shelters if it doesn't die down soon, I'm sure they'll be fine.

My deepest condolence to the victim and their families. it must have been a very shocking experience to all of them. i pray justice be done and those who did it will be caught as soon as possible. 

Thats the good part of suicide attackers. The problem resolves itself.

There are no words...

There are plenty of words...but I would probably get banned on here for using them, in regards to the 'suspects'. :angry:

Thats the good part of suicide attackers. The problem resolves itself.

Unfortunately they are a complex 'enemy' and it is pretty hard to kill something which does not live. (i.e. an ideology)

I just hope France/EU don't rush into something they either can't or aren't willing to finish...don't want a repeat of the last 20 years all over again. <_<

Yes, Very sad to see this happen.

I read something about around 350 people injured and 99 in a critical condtion...

Edited by Joanna