Sign in to follow this  
Uberknot

No flowers on WU (SOLVED)+

I found it easiest to create a simple batch file to run it, however it won't work on the server files in the dedicated server folder.

It works fine in my working folder for map generation so it was just a case of making a temp folder to work on any maps that lack flowers.

flower.bat

java -jar flowerspawner.jar %1 %2 %3

All you need to do is open a command prompt and type 

flower top_layer.map top_layer_new.map 25

Just because I'm a lazy git and prefer to make life as easy as possible.

You do need a copy of flowerspawner.jar as well as the flower.bat in the same folder as the top layer map file of course.

It also means you're not working on the original server map file as well, you just need to copy the new flowered file into the correct folder and rename it of course.

Edited by Zenity
  • Like 1

Has anyone else logged in your server since you ran this?

I could just be worried to much lol..... :P  it is monday...

Ok I found someone who logged in and out today....nevermind.

Edited by Uberknot

On 11/15/2015 at 2:56 PM, Uberknot said:

As promised earlier, here's a simple Java program to add flowers to an existing map: http://wyverngame.com/flowerspawner.jar

Does this script only work on the .map files?  Or is it possible to reverse engineer the biome.png files from the top_layer.map file?   I've just realised I have huge swathes of grassland and no flowers.  Going back and adding grass with flowers is problematic as most of my biomes are hand placed and don't follow any simple procedural method.

Edited by Lichbane

You don't need any of the PNG files after you are done editing. Just do whatever you do, then when you are ready to give those files to the server, run it on the MAP files (which are what the server uses).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bdew said:

You don't need any of the PNG files after you are done editing. Just do whatever you do, then when you are ready to give those files to the server, run it on the MAP files (which are what the server uses).

Of course!  Thank you.

Have anyone the flowerspawenr.jar and can upload it? the old link doesnt work now.

Eject

Edited by Eject

I've uploaded it

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit - removed broken link
  • Like 1

Does anyone have an updated link to flowerspawner.jar?  We started playing on a new server and we would rather correct the missing flowers rather then redo the map.

Thanks!

Kodos

the post right above you links to a updated link from Jukken, just right click that link and "save link as"  flowerspawner.jar

I downloaded and extracted to make sure it was good and the link still looks live

I had thought this only affected maps made with an extremely old version of the map maker that was later fixed, does this still happen with maps made in the last year or so?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Thanks, I completely did not see that link.  I had tried all the other links in the forum that no longer work.

Our map that the admin made recently has no flowers on it, at least none that we have found so far.  That's why we needed this patch to add them back in.

Kodos

Heeeeeyyyyyyy *bump*

Anyone still have that .jar?  Neither of the links works ^_^

28 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

Heeeeeyyyyyyy *bump*

Anyone still have that .jar?  Neither of the links works ^_^

This bug should have been fixed in the newest version of the map creators. There are flowers on generated maps now. I think I still got that somewhere need to have a look, if you really need it let me know.

1 hour ago, Sklo:D said:

This bug should have been fixed in the newest version of the map creators. There are flowers on generated maps now. I think I still got that somewhere need to have a look, if you really need it let me know.

If you spot it among your files, or at least the source code would be great yeah, please.  Already quite far ahead on that new map and I hadn't even noticed that bug before so didn't update my generator.

Huh... looking closer, I do have the latest WGenerator.

The one spot with flowers is that one piece of grass I did manually and even then getting the "Unknown grass".

Must be connected to the newer plants in general that have been added since (thinking blueberry bushes and such).

If i'm comparing right to my biomes png, the ones that spread from the "unknowns" are working fine so yeeeeh, may need to spawn some myself.

Edited by Mordraug

7 hours ago, Mordraug said:

Huh... looking closer, I do have the latest WGenerator.

The one spot with flowers is that one piece of grass I did manually and even then getting the "Unknown grass".

Must be connected to the newer plants in general that have been added since (thinking blueberry bushes and such).

If i'm comparing right to my biomes png, the ones that spread from the "unknowns" are working fine so yeeeeh, may need to spawn some myself.

Well right, maybe it is not fixed by now. WGenerator is no longer developed or updated from what I know. I am using the dirt dropping and biome seeding algorithm which has been used for the official Wurm Online maps, works a lot better than WGenerator.

Ah, that's why.

Thing is I seed my biomes (except flowers!) manually, takes much longer but it lets me add really sparse forests then overlap them with similar seeds of different species.  Real purty for sure.  What algorithm is that?  I see like 4 different generators all from the same time frame as WGen, aka a bit old.

3 hours ago, Mordraug said:

Ah, that's why.

Thing is I seed my biomes (except flowers!) manually, takes much longer but it lets me add really sparse forests then overlap them with similar seeds of different species.  Real purty for sure.  What algorithm is that?  I see like 4 different generators all from the same time frame as WGen, aka a bit old.

That is a tool hidden in the Wurm Unlimited source code working pretty good if you know how to go with it.

Will have a peek.

And found the snafu with WGenerator.   When seeding grass, if you leave "random" on for flowers, it'll set the data from 0-15, when flowers are only up to .. 8 was it, so above that is gonna be "unknown grass".