Sign in to follow this  
Natarthos

Premium Time

Good day,

Please, no flames or anything implying I have a low IQ or anything like that.

I am new here so please don't encourage me to delete the game and the account and give up before I even try it.

I thought this was a free to play game.  My assumption is that this was incorrect based on the availability of Premium Time.

However, if Premium Time is something other than a monthly or semi-monthly subscription or some way to access hidden part of the game, please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Natarthos

You can play as a free to play toon in Wurm online, this will restrict your ability to do certain things in Wurm Online. Most notibly to get your skills over 20, and that in itself limits you from using things like boats, wagons, carts or to build certain items. Premum can be bought from coin in game or RL money, so if you work enough to earn the coin you still can effectually pay for premium with in game currency making it "free to play" still.. or opt to pay in RL money it is 16e/2months.

Being that this is posted on the Wurm Unlimited section I am curious if you have by chance posted in the wrong section or are actually playing Wurm Unlimited? in Wurm Unlimited (the red headed step child child of Wurm Online) there is not Premium time, you buy the game and are effectively Premium forever.

• Like 1

This is posted under the Wurm Unlimited section. WU is a separate game where you buy it once through Steam, after that there is no Premium or additional charges (some server owners may set private rules).

I suspect you are meaning Wurm Online? It has a limited free play in that you can play free forever however skills are capped at 20, and you need premium to have higher skills. Some people earn ingame coins (silvers) for premium and never have to pay any real cash. Its harder but possible.  There is no initial cost to buy Wurm Online, unlike Wurm Unlimited. 

Please clarify which game you mean, Wurm Unlimited or Wurm Online, as they are completely separate. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

This is posted under the Wurm Unlimited section. WU is a separate game where you buy it once through Steam, after that there is no Premium or additional charges (some server owners may set private rules).

I suspect you are meaning Wurm Online? It has a lomoted free play where skills are capped at 20, and you need premium to have higher skills. There is no initial cost to buy unlike WU. 

Please clarify which game you mean, Wurm Unlimited or Wurm Online, as they are completely separate.

I will only do one reply since it will answer both replies at the same time. 

This was an absolute mistake on my part.  I had been Alpha and then Beta testing Landmark for SOE and then Daybreakgames when they bought the online gaming suite from Sony and after Landmark was pretty much abandoned, supposedly for just until the end of this year, I decided to look for another MMO with some emphasis on building and community to replace Landmark.  I simply did not do enough homework and will now delete the game and try to delete the character I created to free up resources.   Again, I freely admit that it was my lack of understanding about Wurm Online that caused this, not the game itself.

I hope those of you committed to the game enjoy yourselves.  I am going to go back to working with Blender to create 3D work for illustrations for children's books for my grandchildren and then illustrations for another series of short novels/stories for them as they get older.  Simply something to get to know GrandPa by though they will have GrandMa around to help as long as i don't tick her off too much until I am gone.  :-)  We have 35 years and one single argument between us so I might have a chance.

Goodbye all.

Natarthos/Richard