Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

News #85 Linux and community events

Header85.png

Ah, Friday the 13th, a day of good luck! It's been a busy week here under the hood with the newly formed Community Relations team. We're looking at how to incorporate both Wurm Online and Wurm Unlimited in the news with some ideas but nothing concrete yet, so expect the news to cover both sides of the Wurm coin for now!

Patch notes

November 11, 2015
  • Fix so enemies on PvP servers don’t get unlock option on building doors.
  • Fix so practice doll has to be on ground to be used.
  • Fix so mycelium spreads on pvp servers.

November 10, 2015
  • Fix for citizen group not working correctly for structure permissions. It was only working on deed, now should also work off deed.
  • Removed bulk containers 5% decay when its on a deed with over a months upkeep.
  • Removed option to “add to crafting window†for kiln, gnomes and lairs.
  • Fix so a non-villager can grow hedges using wild growth if have correct permissions.
  • Fix for unlocked attached boatlocks and padlocks. E.g. they are also locked when attached to something, this is to help with some going unlocked on crossing servers.
  • Changed so summoning a worg, removes any current pets. This should stop people have multiple pets after casting summon worg.
  • Fix so planted items are always moveable and turnable by the person who planted it.
  • Added more items to the list of items that shouldn’t appear in sacrifice missions.
  • Removed menu option to blow up a building.
  • Cobra King and Lady of the Lake no longer should show up as mission targets.
  • Added sanity checks for Hell Strength.
  • Fix for branded creatures taking on kingdom from brand (PvP).
  • Partial fix for chaos permissions. Feedback on what else needs doing required.
  • Fix so small chests can be unlocked/locked whilst in inventory.
  • Added gentle push/pull actions.
  • Fix so cant trade merchant contract on that merchant.
  • Fix so necklace, ring, bracelet, ball and chain will now form piles.
  • Added destroy options for bell towers and snowmen.
  • Fix so anyone who can manage a building can attach a lock.
  • Fix to allow most enemy actions in buildings.
  • Removed hunted status on non-home servers and non-pvp servers.
  • Added a right-click option on tabs called ‘clear tab’. This will empty the content of the tab.
  • Added gravel and floorboards to road type, so diagonal gravel and floorboards are now displayed correctly.
  • Allow tile transitions to render when tile decorations/detail is on a lower value. E.g. Very Sparse is only setting that will not show tile transitions.

Linux build!

ErikN has proudly informed us that a beta Linux build is available for Wurm Unlimited! While Linux support has not been flagged on the store page, the beta build for linux is available on steam, simply select the beta branch before downloading.

beta.png

White drake hatchling slaying

The white drake hatchling has been sighted in north east xanadu, with a community slaying planned for tomorrow. I'll be there to take screenshots of one of our many community slayings, so feel free to drop by, say hi and take part in poking a dragon with sharp objects

Independence Christmas Impalong

In the spirit of christmas coming way too early, we're excited to see plans being made for an end of year impalong, we'll certainly be keeping an eye on this event, and may even arrange a few surprises ourselves...
Check it out here!

Our screenshot of the week is a throwback to the halloween models, in this case a poor Polojordan learning just how it feels to have a zombie eat your brains.

screenshot85.jpg

That's it for this weeks news, we still have a lot of changes in the Community Relations team coming and we're looking forward to announcing them all. If you have any suggestions for things you'd like to see in the weekly news please feel free to let me know!

###LATE BREAKING NEWS###

I have just been informed that as part of the changes to fountain container functionality, an update coming shortly will include a smelting forge, with around twice the capacity of a regular forge. Keep your eyes peeled for it in game!.

Regards,
Retrograde

• Like 11

Fix rare glow on items, ie large carts, archery towers, large chest, practice dolls, spinning wheels, ect

• Like 2

I have just been informed that as part of the changes to fountain container functionality, an update coming shortly will include a smelting forge, with around twice the capacity of a regular forge. Keep your eyes peeled for it in game!.

Edited by Wulfmaer
  • Like 1

Nice to see a Linux version of WU, but still useless for me, any news of an OS/X version?

They usually come hand in hand due to the similar architectures.  Once Linux one's running Mac one's a stone's throw away.

And... 

"I have just been informed that as part of the changes to fountain container functionality, an update coming shortly will include a smelting forge, with around twice the capacity of a regular forge. Keep your eyes peeled for it in game!."

SQUEE!

• Like 1

2x for smelter? While that's an improvement, it's only just barely one. Won't do much to replace rows of forges/smelters.

I suggest making it like a BSB but it can only store ores/lumps and heat them up when lit. Stores 5000.

Edited by NESGamepro
  • Like 4

So we have a compensation for:

* painting (the new amphoras)

* storage of high ql mats (no more 5% decay on bins so no need to keep them in a fountainpan in MC)

* and smelting coming up (still not 100/forge, but its a start which will make melting a bit more smoother)

Now all that remains is:

* much (much) bigger Large Magical Chest interior space.

* anything I'm missing?

So far so good, at least in my eyes, I have 2 fountaincontainers to, tho I gained them without spending irl money. So yeah, I wont be completely heartbroken when they go a year from now, but I can understand that many other owners who payed hard money for it, will still find these compensations useless keeping in mind what value they are loosing :(

I must say, I'm really really liking the removal of the 5% decay, but I hope you coded it right tho, dont wanna see 50% gone next month because a zero got put in the wrong place :P

Talking about community events, how long until the staff does something about ninjaing the global casts. They have been always big community events, which have moved the masses.. While doing ninja casts isn't really against the rules, it is still basically giving finger to whole community. With intention to simply piss off the people.

• Like 4

Smelter! So, x2 capacity of forge? So that's what 52 ores at a time :/ would be nice to have them turn to lumps faster than you can mine instead.

• Like 2

###LATE BREAKING NEWS###

Regards,

Retrograde

• Like 3

Double the ore just isn't enough. It needs to fit 100 ore.

Which still doesn't take into account the nesting that could be done but 100 ore would make me a happy smither.

• Like 5

2x the size of a regular forge... i feel like completely missing the point of what people want.

unless of course it has like 2x or 3x speed of turning ore into lumps - something thats "around 2x" is not that big of a help.  100 ore in a forge would be best.

and as the very very long suggestion post, make the crafting materials high, thats fine, its just the functionality people want

going the way of runescape, easyscape wurm comin 2 u

going the way of runescape, easyscape wurm comin 2 u

Its not about making things easy, but rather adding progression, and with it, convenience.

I would prefer that the smelter requires high masonry to make, and a lot of mats. I do not have high masonry so this would give me reason to work on it (progression).

It should be able to smelt 100 ore at a time at an increased rate compared to a forge of similar quality. As well, it needs to be able to be loaded into a wagon.

Smelters should not replace the forge so it should restrict the types of items that go into it to only ores. 

• Like 10

I guess 64 lumps for a smelter might be nice a full stack in terms of iron :)

• Like 2

Making it easier? Making it more convenient and less backward more like. If one is vein clearing or simply wanting to smelt a lot of ore, without it taking the rest of their life, they will build something like 8-12 forges or more. Regardless, the smelter simply means less windows. If they make it 52 then we have to build several smelters to keep up, if they make it 100, we still have to build more than 1, so why not just make it 100 and be done with it, it won't affect anything at all, except peoples sanity levels. 

Edited by LordLouis
  • Like 1

My miner fills 3+ ~60ql forges with ore to smelt at the same time... still will need at least 2 smelting forges next to each vein?

###LATE BREAKING NEWS###

Regards,

Retrograde

Best news in a month!

Great to hear from the PR team, as always.

I am really looking forward to the Independence Impalong. I have never been to Independence, so I will probably combine the trip with some sighseeing.

And very excited about the smelting forge. Go Wurm team!

Add me into the crowd that believes a dedicated smelting forge should hold 100 ore...  60~ ore doesn't replace fountain functionality at all

• Like 9

so we'll only need half as many smelters for large amounts of ore... so excited...

• Like 1

I must say there isn't much news in Wurm U or O these days. The news about smelters isn't so hot either, I use 6 forges to smelt stuff down, I get to build 3 smelters now to replace them *whoopdiedoo*. I suggest a MUCH larger item limit on smelters.

• Like 3