Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Merge Epic Cluster + Freedom Cluster

Merge Epic + Freedom?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Merge Epic + Freedom

I don't understand most of the no reasons, and it kinda sucks how less than 1/8th of the people who voted no have commented (and about 75% of those that have didn't even post a reason, and about half the ones who did post a reason made it clear it was basically out of spite.)

and I don't feel like giving a reason, just that the tone of this suggestion is bad

DUE TO PEOPLE WHO CAN'T READ, THIS SUGGESTION IS TO GIVE EPIC PLAYERS THE OPTION TO MOVE TO THE FREEDOM CLUSTER WITH THEIR SKILLS. NOWHERE DOES IT MENTION ADDING PVP TO FREEDOM.

Maybe someone else should make a suggestion like this.

And yeah, grind your account here on freedom or buy new accounts. Otherwise you enjoy epic, we enjoy where we are.

There have been three -1's due to people thinking we are making the PvE servers PvP (which has nothing to do with the suggestion.)

It's always nice when people like to delay progress for flawed or personal reasons when there really is little to no reason not to do this. (Actually the only valid one outside of lost progress i have seen posted has been that it would hurt the economy, most others are things akin to "stay on epic.")

I just can't quite grasp why people don't want a larger community, and if they do, why people aren't willing to take the sacrifices in order to get it?

With something like this, or large bugfixes as another example there it is possible to be too late, and i'm not sure when that is but if both servers get low enough (or one, for that matter.), merging the two won't be enough to get the population boost that others like myself are hoping to achieve simply because it was too late.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

If you were lazy enough to play on Epic you shouldn't have your skills transferred to Freedom. I'm all for killing the Epic cluster but those who choose to continue on Freedom should have to start from scratch, just like the rest of us.

Yeah, misery loves company.

I don't understand most of the no reasons, and it kinda sucks how less than 1/8th of the people who voted no have commented.

There have been three -1's due to people thinking we are making the PvE servers PvP (which has nothing to do with the suggestion.)

It's always nice when people like to delay progress for flawed or personal reasons when there really is little to no reason not to do this. (Actually the only valid one outside of lost progress i have seen posted has been that it would hurt the economy, most others are things akin to "stay on epic.")

I just can't quite grasp why people don't want a larger community, and if they do, why people aren't willing to take the sacrifices in order to get it?

With something like this, or large bugfixes as another example there it is possible to be too late, and i'm not sure when that is but if both servers get low enough (or one, for that matter.), merging the two won't be enough to get the population boost that others like myself are hoping to achieve simply because it was too late.

You want to come from epic to freedom where I play just like many other freedomers yes? You want to bring your skills from epic over here yes? Well for that you need our permissions yes?

Yep I don't want that to happen. Come grind here or buy a new toon. That is a simple reason you took. And no one cares if rolf promised you something and didn't deliver. Go complain to him.

• Like 1

Proph, can you edit the poll? It's a bit deceiving and I see why you're getting bad data. The poll should read "Merge Epic Cluster and Chaos". If you mention anything with freedom, those nutters will bricks and down vote this all to hell.

Proph, can you edit the poll? It's a bit deceiving and I see why you're getting bad data. The poll should read "Merge Epic Cluster and Chaos". If you mention anything with freedom, those nutters will ###### bricks and down vote this all to hell.

but chaos is part of the freedom cluster, and it wouldn't just benefit those that play on chaos.

Go complain to him.

I'm pretty sure this is what he's doing. You have to gather both positive and negative data to make a change.

After work and reading all of it again, I don't wan't a reset or anything that's not my purpose to derail anything towards that:

Everytime I read or post on suggestions like this, I always try and predict what the counters will be to whatever I'm favoring, that's how the reset got brought up in what I posted, because it would mean both sides affected would be giving up something, I'm all for just sending epic toons over but I would think people would want something else on the Epic point of view.

I.E "We're just getting screwed over" train of thought, because there's very few people that want greater good for the community and for the game, and generally just think of how things directly affect them and what happens to only them, having a reset would sort of lessen this blow because it would be more of an even basis.

I have a good account on epic, it's pretty known, my skilldump is even on Niarja, so this would in general would positively affect my skills and whatever my account has going for it, that being said I wouldn't really care personally because it would still be under the current "great" accounts and would still be competing with the other current epic toons that would port over as well, not to mention taking hits to skills perhaps because of the weird curve/skillgain formula (that I don't understand how to reverse, I just know that if there's a formula for it you could obviously just reverse it)

Meaning more people would play because there's a larger playerbase to play against or alongside, and more competent people to fight. One thing I loved and many others mentioned that when Epic reset there was all of these sudden new people or old accounts coming back playing, and fights had actual varieties to them, not just the 10 or so people that always fought eachother, I always saw this whenever Chaos is really active.

Just think really, really, very simply about this, don't do this whole reading between the lines or "look for hidden causes" route because like, there just ISN'T any, obviously some people will gain more than others but in the end it's profiting everyone because of increased players and content.

Honestly, this type of stupid posting just invites more posts in future like...

"I have been playing for 5 years on my WU server, please let me bring my skills to freedom"

"I have 5 scale sets on WU, please let me bring 1 please"

WTF why is nahjo,tosiek,nathan allowed to be gods and I am not. That is unfair. I need a key of heavens on freedom and I will think about upvoting this suggestion.

The analogy is too far fetched, WU's entire skillgain system doesn't even operate anywhere remotely close to WO's, epic or freedom. (Not to mention its WU and admins can edit skills. Integrity would go out the window)

As per epic skills, you should read Banzai's post on the first page.

Once again, you should read the other posts, thats one of the reasons i listed earlier. Epic was released, PvP on Chaos was disabled, Rolf promised all these features, released them unfinished and/or buggy or didn't deliver, and the ones that were unfinished or buggy were finished, bugfixed, and then released to freedom after all the bugtesting was done on Epic essentially. If it worked how it was meant to, I don't think Freedom would have player gods or valrei items.

Go away propheteer, everyone I know on freedom/chaos has grinded their skills on the very cluster. We don't need refugees.

I'm not quite sure what this means, i grinded on Chaos for many years before I played on Epic, and even while i played on Epic, and so did others, but not everyone.

LMFAO

And yeah about the OP -1, people are downvoting caus they play on pve? No, pve and chaos pvp is connected dummy. Why must we bother all this, we are enjoying the game we are playing.

What? What does this even mean? Nobody said that anyone is downvoting because they play on a PvE server. I said that a handful of people were downvoting because they thought that the suggestion was to open raiding to freedom.

Please read the thread and stop drooling in a cup. (and i still don't understand why more people = bad)

Edited by Propheteer

The problem isnt that Epic sucks, it's that both servers player base is absolutely ######. In case you didn't know, PVP... Player vs Player requires a player base to be successful. Both are lacking. 

We already know most people will not ditch the Freedom cluster because of the benefits of the freedom servers. Epic Cluster doesn't have those benefits, so it would pull more of the player base away vs Chaos coming to Epic.

Total players online right now: 560

Total players on epic online right now: 74

Total players on freedom right now: 560-74=486

"Both are lacking" AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

I dunno how representative niarja epic top10 is, but if those are actually the best accounts on epic, then I don't think chaos would have much to worry about lol

As a freedomer i have literally zero problem with a sudden influx of 100 or 300 or whatever accounts that are mid up to mid-high skills

• Like 1

You just compared four PvP servers, to 7 PvE servers and one PvP servers, when in all likelihood the majority of the population from Epic would migrate to the one PvP server available on the freedom cluster, in response to a post comparing the PvP servers populations.

Are you trolling or something? If the active players from all timezones stayed on the same type of servers (so all 4 epic servers moved to chaos), it would quite literally triple the population.

Edited by Propheteer

I mentioned PVP.

Chaos = 47

Epic = 73

Both are lacking.

• Like 1

What are you on about? He's on about pvp servers so it's 49 right now on Chaos.

What are you on about? He's on about pvp servers so it's 49 right now on Chaos.

And all pvpers are atm on chaos I think right? Because obviously you counted the entire epic population (elevation plus homeservers) and are just counting the players on chaos for comparision, as if none of them are on pve atm LIKE ME?

Because they obviously cannot travel to pve servers right? And yeah all pvpers are atm on chaos and none of them are on pve. Are you trolling? Or just playing dumb.

Look at the server graphs please.(They show that not everyone on the PvE server actively PvPs, Not even 1/12th. Experience would also show this too.) It would be an influx primarily for chaos, but for the other servers too. Most of the people posting in this thread are PvPers from both clusters.

And all pvpers are atm on chaos I think right? Because obviously you counted the entire epic population (elevation plus homeservers) and are just counting the players on chaos for comparision, as if none of them are on pve atm LIKE ME?

On epic, the homeservers are PvP servers, and most of them participate in PvP. What are you on about?

Edited by Propheteer

They would use a transfer.

Lets say your account, Etherdrifter is on freedom currently and he has 40 platesmithing and 70 blacksmithing on freedom, but 70 platesmithing and 40 blacksmithing on epic. If he types /transfer, he would be swapped to his epic skills, so he would then have 70 platesmithing as opposed to 40, and 40 blacksmithing as opposed to 70.

I think kept, the faith gain was harder on epic if anything due to no pray resets.

Just a thought.  Considering there is property loss involved (assuming all deed owners get a full silver refund, there is still a loss since a lot of time and effort in PvP is terraforming) it might be worth just picking the max of both skills.  The player has earned both skillranks, it seems reasonable to pick the highest option of both.

Also, for the priest mechanic this resolves the issue (faith>30 = priest).

I am not sure how champions/kingdom assignment would be handled though since these are not a mechs I am familiar with.

Just a thought.  Considering there is property loss involved (assuming all deed owners get a full silver refund, there is still a loss since a lot of time and effort in PvP is terraforming) it might be worth just picking the max of both skills.  The player has earned both skillranks, it seems reasonable to pick the highest option of both.

Also, for the priest mechanic this resolves the issue (faith>30 = priest).

I am not sure how champions/kingdom assignment would be handled though since these are not a mechs I am familiar with.

That was suggested last time and it was shot down for being able to get skills like that as it would make "super-accounts" apparently.

As per champs, just dechamp them, I don't see why GM's couldn't fix the stats, there aren't that many of them, and let the PMK's handle disband for a time leading up to it, and if they don't they just get stuck with a timer and are force converted to the freedom faction.

Why do you think that the 

Chaos = 47

Epic = 73

players on epic and chaos are the only ones that pvp in wurm online. Do you realize that more than 100 players who do pvp on chaos are atm on PvE servers? That is a bold assumption to compare Epic pvp population with Chaos. More like driving your own stupid thoughts at full speed without considering what is going on around. 
And again homeserver folks help in PvP? Are you stupid? 
With your nonsensical comparisons, I think its only fair with your dumb standards to compare chaos with elevation. And obviously chaos has more pvpers than on elevation.

Why do you think that the 

Chaos = 47

Epic = 73

players on epic and chaos are the only ones that pvp in wurm online. Do you realize that more than 100 players who do pvp on chaos are atm on PvE servers? That is a bold assumption to compare Epic pvp population with Chaos. More like driving your own stupid thoughts at full speed without considering what is going on around. 

And again homeserver folks help in PvP? Are you stupid? 

With your nonsensical comparisons, I think its only fair with your dumb standards to compare chaos with elevation. And obviously chaos has more pvpers than on elevation.

Please stop conveniently ignoring my posts and check MRTG for Chaos. Less than 20 people actively come and go, and sometimes you get more for big events, which incidentally for either/or, Epic still has the larger PvP population, which is STILL a boon to the server because it STILL gets those people.

I don't see why you are so adamant against having more people to play with and fight against?

So basically after realizing that 

1) the people online right now on chaos are not the only ones that pvp on the freedom cluster

2) and that all the people on epic online right now don't pvp (caus most of them hardly ever pvp and only are at homeservers like carebears)

It is crystal clear that merging epic with chaos/pve (whatever you call it because pve and chaos are linked anyways) won't bring anything new to the freedom cluster and would just alienate the people who like playing on epic further.

This is coming up now and then. I agree that a pvp server with 200+ would be cool. But keep the servers as they are. I started on epic cus the curve and i think more than me did that.

And you guys that wanna move on. Start over at chaos.

• Like 1

This is coming up now and then. I agree that a pvp server with 200+ would be cool. But keep the servers as they are. I started on epic cus the curve and i think more than me did that.

Most believe this is a good idea and that bringing together an already small PVP community would be extremely beneficial. 

I lied. 

Edited by Entendu

This, people specifically started on epic for the curve and many of them like Lundu here enjoy playing there. Why would you want to alienate the very people who play on your cluster with such mindless suggestions.

Caus obviously you started on epic caus of the fun curve right? Start over on chaos, it doesn't hurt.

And this goes for all the people who want this change, not just you propheteer, so please save us of the "Yeah but i already have a toon on chaos which is good and fat but this suggestion is to boost population" or whatever you are smoking.