Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Merge Epic Cluster + Freedom Cluster

Merge Epic + Freedom?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Merge Epic + Freedom

I voted -1.

Seeing as someone has +1 this 3 times it seems someone really wants it, but i still don´t.

It was your decision to start on Epic with or without the curve. None except you are faulty for making Epic empty. You can blame rolf, but seeing how new kingdoms get trashed and trolling is 95% of the stuff on epic section means that you are the ones for fault.

I cannot prove it but my idea is that this came up because a group of Epic players joined Freedom. Now they have a problem, they have a good account on epic but on freedom they have to use bicycles, buy an account or start from 0. OR you could try and hope to get your char from epic that is a good account transfered.

If you want to play chaos then you should start over. I really don´t think there should be some transfer because the whole epic wants to come over (That is not true). I am pretty sure it is one group who are pushing it so in general im gonna be banzai and add 3 more -1-s, -1 -1 -1.

Those are my 2 cents and i really don´t care if anyone does not like it.

• Like 2

I feel this change would be very unfair for the following reasons:

1. The increased skill gain on epic giving them short cuts that's freedom players would otherwise not have

2. The home server players on epic live on servers which are unavaliable on freedom. The arguement can be given that more servers can be made for them, but splitting the community more would end up with the same result. Home servers simply would not work on freedom

3. Unfair on the existing epic players who play for the epic curve, I feel a lot would quit due to this as they will find themselves lacking a lot of needed skills they only needed at 1/3 of the needed value.

This simply would not work. Epic and chaos are two completely different games and mashing them together as suggested in the OP may cause a small increase in PvP initially, but would end up in the decimation of the whole epic population eventually.

-1 for the above reasons.

• Like 1

Alot of the old players (note I said alot and not all)  on chaos have abused windows of opportunity time and time again over the years, I'd say do a straight swap epic > choas.  

I'm sure people will object, but people will object anyways to anything just cause...

not everyone agrees 100% of the time.  Having an influx of new players to chaos or any pvp server for that matter would be awesome to see and well experience. 

I'd love to be apart of that :)

• Like 1

bad idea -1

Edited by solmark
Moderation Alteration
  • Like 1

Also the explain please should be on both yes or no as there is no right answer and should be on both cases. Atm the question is lined up so that Yes and No explain makes it easier to say yes instead of explaining (and ofc no one forces you to explain in reality). If you really are interested what people think instead of hoping of many people voting yes and rolf changing this because of that.

Also the explain please should be on both yes or no as there is no right answer and should be on both cases. Atm the question is lined up so that Yes and No explain makes it easier to say yes instead of explaining (and ofc no one forces you to explain in reality). If you really are interested what people think instead of hoping of many people voting yes and rolf changing this because of that.

Chaos is ruined beyond any kind of repair by players at this point, it's littered with deeds, abused accounts over the years of short windows of opportunities, and the only pvp there ever is is deed pvp, hota fenced in by 50 deeds and so on, might aswell live on xanadu because you will probably get more pvp from your neighbour attempting to deed over your lands or sneak into your deed than playing on chaos

valrei items drops from uniques while on epic it's a more likely chance of whoever puts in the most effort in the best adaptable way wins the item from the scenario, that combined with drake and scale etc its p2w to the max

just -1, switching to the current chaos would be a huge downgrade from a pvp standpoint, if the chaos map was reset and the amount of deeds per kingdom or per square kilometer was capped at lower levels, + all the windows of opportunity characters removed/tweaked down which isn't going to happen either way, maybe

Edited by changer

Any particular reason?

I'm not sure what Banzai is doing either.

Most of us didn't start on Epic either, thats a misconception. Most of us went here because it had a much larger population, and most people ended up quitting due to things that were promised not being released on top of being plagued with things such as valrei craters or pillars. It's not entirely rolfs fault, but you can't certainly blame it on the players when people come over for something and it's not there.

90% of Chaos skirmishes is trolling, the same as Epic. Chaos was the same way for many years.

Do keep in mind that it's also not just one group, i guess one group is "spearheading the movement" but there are a few players who haven't weighed in, and it's the same reason i asked the moderators to set it so people can see who voted.

'lazy enough to go to epic'

Ah yes, because we wanted to try something that was new and fresh to Wurm and has been a failure after the first year or so.

Yeah, totally our fault.

• Like 1

I pretty much listed every reason why someone would vote yes in the OP, if they vote yes, it's likely for one of the reasons listed.

• Like 1

All of this trolling and stuff

It's just a suggestion to try and consolidate the pvp crowd, and people, literally like I predicted, are picking at it like some political debate from the opposing side.

People play the exact same game, put in the exact same time, and will have the exact same level of skill they would have from epic on freedom because of the conversions.

I also don't really get this whole "You chose to play on epic!" stab people are trying to use to justify their hate filled posts, well yea that's pretty obvious, the problem is it's another whole pvp server and the final solution and best would be to have all of the pvp crowd on one server

Also a few keep trying to use the "I don't want them on MY chaos!"

Like I said it would be a good idea to make a new map for this, because it would be a drastic merge and a clean slate would be nice.

Most likely people don't even read half of stuff, and are just reading propheteer's post because he's on the opposing kingdom and people will try and focus posts on having the exact opposite opinion of him by using baby-like counter arguments that use no logic or rational thinking and always go straight to the worst possibility of an outcome.

Like I said it would be a good idea to make a new map for this, because it would be a drastic merge and a clean slate would be nice.

Chaos is ruined beyond any kind of repair by players at this point, it's littered with deeds, abused accounts over the years of short windows of opportunities, and the only pvp there ever is is deed pvp, hota fenced in by 50 deeds and so on, might aswell live on xanadu because you will probably get more pvp from your neighbour attempting to deed over your lands or sneak into your deed than playing on chaos

valrei items drops from uniques while on epic it's a more likely chance of whoever puts in the most effort in the best adaptable way wins the item from the scenario, that combined with drake and scale etc its p2w to the max

just -1, switching to the current chaos would be a huge downgrade from a pvp standpoint, if the chaos map was reset and the amount of deeds per kingdom or per square kilometer was capped at lower levels, + all the windows of opportunity characters removed/tweaked down which isn't going to happen either way, maybe

• Like 1

Edited by Propheteer

All of this trolling and stuff

It's just a suggestion to try and consolidate the pvp crowd, and people, literally like I predicted, are picking at it like some political debate from the opposing side.

People play the exact same game, put in the exact same time, and will have the exact same level of skill they would have from epic on freedom because of the conversions.

I also don't really get this whole "You chose to play on epic!" stab people are trying to use to justify their hate filled posts, well yea that's pretty obvious, the problem is it's another whole pvp server and the final solution and best would be to have all of the pvp crowd on one server

Most likely people don't even read half of stuff, and are just reading propheteer's post because he's on the opposing kingdom and people will try and focus posts on having the exact opposite opinion of him by using baby-like counter arguments that use no logic or rational thinking and always go straight to the worst possibility of an outcome.

• Like 1

+1 for corn.

Most of the -1 are really the ones who have fears for something mysterious... and are not really useful for a discussion (in short= keep the " oh.. i dont like you " and ecsp. the "on my server" comments for yourself)

Got a feeling that this sugestion is bombed with hate and then will be closed.

So comon guys (and ladies) keep it objectively (thats not a skimirsh thread...)

No idea who are you refering to but i can answer. I have read every post thru here and i really do not see the need for this. Can you please explain me why? Because of more people? For who? Why not come thru the portal and play?

Never said MY chaos and reseting chaos is brought up why? Asking to reset a map means that every pit of time and money invested in Deeds will be demolished, why should i be happy with that? Because you think its too crowded? I do not think its too crowded so it is my needs vs yours. It is better for the game to reset a map? How? Because many people will come? You think many people will join, but what about people who have invested their time and money into building current Chaos? What if they leave. It is not one sided and reseting the map does not mean things are going to change.

Edited by Propheteer

Gonna explain the question thing. You are asking something and offering 3 answers. First of them is just Yes, second is No and explanation, meaning you want people who say no to explain themselves thus making it as a negative answer. Thus Yes is a positive answer. For a truly unbiased question all of the answer should have or not have explain behind them.

• Like 1

-1 This is the most retarded op you've made to date prophet. I get what you want to achieve but they are to far different worlds, allow the transfer would 2 several bad things.

1: Players who went to epic either have insane skills or crap skills by freedom standard to instantly the work of one player or another  is all kinds of shat on.

2: The deed's on epic have had just as much time as some of the chaos deeds to make and manage and live in.

3: Plays who joined epic for the faster gains are now forced to play the slowest game in the history of mankind in comparison. leading to many quitting i have no doubt.

4: Strong accounts on epic will easy compete with the strongest accounts of freedom, leaving there 10 years of work in comparison to the 3 of most on epic hugely out wieght.

5: The curve, player who have skilled to the curve and gotten sued to the utility of it are instantly no longer viable in pvp or crafting. going for 90 effective making 90ql tools weapons ect to stuck at 70, then havign to "regrind" to atain the level will kill more moral for WO than WU did to instant gratification servers.

Personally i see wurm in a hugely unstable future, the release of WU was a wild card. One we won;t see if it pays of for WO, i personally doubt it will and all ready see wurm as a sinking ship, they really need to do something to change the curve, that also includes severally reduce premium costs as its no longer a viable payment method due to wu, pay once you get the game with so many server to play on for free. Verse pay for the game every 2 months and get beaten by players who have been playing for 10 years.

Edited by JockII

If they agree with the OP, why do they need to explain themselves?

If they don't agree, it's nice to hear another opinion.

It's not negative.

It's asking for material and reasons why not to do it.

• Like 1

I play Chaos, i have used exactly 0 windows of opportunities.

There is exactly 6 deeds Near Hota, used to be a 7th one.

Valrei drops have nothing to do with Chaos and most freedomers have valrei items while alot of Chaos players do not.

We pvp near deeds because the only way to find pvp is to run upto an enemy deed and wait there until there is 2x more of them then you and then maybe they will come out.

Seems you do not have any real idea about Chaos and you are not interested with playing with the people from Chaos, that is good cause i would be happy when you stayed on Epic.

-1 This is the most retarded op you've made to date prophet. I get what you want to achieve but they are to far different worlds, allow the transfer would 2 several bad things.

1: Players who went to epic either have insane skills or crap skills by freedom standard to instantly the work of one player or another  is all kinds of shat on.

2: The deed's on epic have had just as much time as some of the chaos deeds to make and manage and live in.

3: Plays who joined epic for the faster gains are now forced to play the slowest game in the history of mankind in comparison. leading to many quitting i have no doubt.

4: Strong accounts on epic will easy compete with the strongest accounts of freedom, leaving there 10 years of work in comparison to the 3 of most on epic hugely out wieght.

5: The curve, player who have skilled to the curve and gotten sued to the utility of it are instantly no longer viable in pvp or crafting. going for 90 effective making 90ql tools weapons ect to stuck at 70, then havign to "regrind" to atain the level will kill more moral for WO than WU did to instant gratification servers.

Personally i see wurm in a hugely unstable future, the release of WU was a wild card. One we won;t see if it pays of for WO, i personally doubt it will and all ready see wurm as a sinking ship, they really need to do something to change the curve, that also includes severally reduce premium costs as its no longer a viable payment method for wu, pay once you get the game with so many server to play on for free. Verse pay for the game every 2 months and get beaten by players who have been playing for 10 years.

Edited by Propheteer

There are pros and cons to each decision, I guess what out weighs the other?

Epic staying as is and slowly losing people, epic and chaos merging and losing some people but also an influx of returned players (theres prolly other scenarios but thats what I see ) epic and chaos banning together and kicking the shi... out of WU cause f@#$ WU.