Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Merge Epic Cluster + Freedom Cluster

Merge Epic + Freedom?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Merge Epic + Freedom

Please don't hate me proph, but I don't see how... This is going to help, for Epic, Chaos, or Freedom.

I'm not opposed to having epic join us, as it wouldn't really effect me in any way (though it may people who interact with the market)

But, in the event of a reset (which would be rare, would it not?) I can't see them doing it. What will it help in the long run? I could see it generating some pvp action for a bit (and I believe some chaos / epic players would love a chance to bite at each other) I don't see it doing much else beyond a month or two period.

On both sides there have also been windows of opportunity. Mixing those? Is that a good idea?

Doesn't epic also have a different Valrei setup that it would lose? Granted I know a lot of you don't care for that, but I imagine some players joined for it.

I do understand the skill system (if you remember, we had a big argument on that one a few years ago) so I can see how that doesn't hurt freedom or chaos to much, granted its easier to get to 70-ish. But meh. I don't see the curve hurting chaos/freedom in anyway, I do believe it would in fact hurt epic (with the effective skills, and IIRC the different body stat gain(?)..)

One big issue, doesn't epic still have items useable by players to create terraforming events? Obviously those would new to be removed or prevented from being used in any way.

But beyond all the difficulties of making it work/not work, I don't see this being what pvp needs to stay alive at this point. As someone mentioned, this won't really stop the decline.

And I doubt every epic player wants to join the freedom cluster.

• Like 1

Please don't hate me proph, but I don't see how... This is going to help, for Epic, Chaos, or Freedom.

I'm not opposed to having epic join us, as it wouldn't really effect me in any way (though it may people who interact with the market)

But, in the event of a reset (which would be rare, would it not?) I can't see them doing it. What will it help in the long run? I could see it generating some pvp action for a bit (and I believe some chaos / epic players would love a chance to bite at each other) I don't see it doing much else beyond a month or two period.

On both sides there have also been windows of opportunity. Mixing those? Is that a good idea?

Doesn't epic also have a different Valrei setup that it would lose? Granted I know a lot of you don't care for that, but I imagine some players joined for it.

I do understand the skill system (if you remember, we had a big argument on that one a few years ago) so I can see how that doesn't hurt freedom or chaos to much, granted its easier to get to 70-ish. But meh. I don't see the curve hurting chaos/freedom in anyway, I do believe it would in fact hurt epic (with the effective skills, and IIRC the different body stat gain(?)..)

One big issue, doesn't epic still have items useable by players to create terraforming events? Obviously those would new to be removed or prevented from being used in any way.

But beyond all the difficulties of making it work/not work, I don't see this being what pvp needs to stay alive at this point. As someone mentioned, this won't really stop the decline.

And I doubt every epic player wants to join the freedom cluster.

Not asking for a reset really, but, if there was one there would be a for sure large spike in population, however, the PvP side for epic has always been in decline, chaos is usually stable but has its periods of decline. I'm not sure. It would be interesting though.

You certainly won't do any more harm, most of the accounts on epic that abused windows got nerfed for it, there are still a few that are around. Just like a lot of the accounts on chaos that were large abusers aren't really around anymore, there still are some though.

I don't imagine that Valrei system would be hard to port over if it was wanted, i mean missions are already here. I know i still personally prefer the unique method though, makes them more valuable, but then again having missions on the only PvP server actually might encourage PvP, whereas on epic 98% of the people just do homeserver missions in near complete safety, and then the people that actually take a risk may get an item.

Yeah i understand the skills being damaging, particularly with body stamina, but it seemed pretty clear to me that scaling anyone up or down seems like more work than it's worth and i think taking the body stamina hit at least balances it out a bit as its a pretty large gap.

As for terraforming items... The Rod of Eruption was turned into Tome of Incineration (which i believe some have already dropped here on Freedom), so they no longer exist. There are some Wand of the Seas out there, but i don't think there are any more than three or four and they could easily be removed if needed.

And yeah, its clear that the decline isn't going to go away without a lot of work, but its also clear that splitting the PvP population wasn't the best idea. Allowing the two to merge may double the "core playerbase" (you know the vets who never leave), and at the very least it would cause a spike in PvP which would probably bring some people back. Not to mention there are a lot of people who always come back for large changes like this, some permanent and some temporary.

There is always people who don't want something, and there are people who may quit because of a change too, but at the end of the day its up to Rolf and he determines what actions they take (i still think an ingame poll would be best and acting on that) Nothing pleases everyone though and at the end of the day some stuff is better for the game, and some stuff is better for the players and its up to the staff to determine what that is and how to approach that, i'm just offering a suggestion as a person who has played the game for a long time and this is something myself and the people I play with would like to see (and clearly a lot more).

• Like 1

im confused, if so many epic players want to play on chaos, why not either create a chaos character, or, sell your epic account and buy a chaos account?

also, more people voted on this poll in 2 days on the suggestions board (where only chaos and epic player's opinions should matter) than people voted on this poll in 2 months on the main forum board:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/130805-lets-go-then-predict-the-dec-1-premium-player-count/

if you're trying to fool rolf into thinking players want something, vote with a few less alt forum accounts lol.

Edited by Naio
  • Like 2

@suggestionteer, you do realize you can avoid all of this and just make a Wurm Unlimited server with all of your daily suggestions and you'll have the utopia you are trying to force on the rest of us?  If your ideas are as good as you think they are you should have no trouble getting a server of 200+ pvpers.  

• Like 1

im confused, if so many epic players want to play on chaos, why not either create a chaos character, or, sell your epic account and buy a chaos account?

also, more people voted on this poll in 2 days on the suggestions board (where only chaos and epic player's opinions should matter) than people voted on this poll in 2 months on the main forum board:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/130805-lets-go-then-predict-the-dec-1-premium-player-count/

if you're trying to fool rolf into thinking players want something, vote with a few less alt forum accounts lol.

The accounts aren't the same. Its just not possible to get an account similar to the one people grinded as everyone grinds what they want.

And yeah, its suprising, but i did publicize this poll, and it was in freedom/epic kchats many times. (and i feel like this effects more people than a poll on premium count. I mean i didn't even vote on that poll.)

@suggestionteer, you do realize you can avoid all of this and just make a Wurm Unlimited server with all of your daily suggestions and you'll have the utopia you are trying to force on the rest of us?  If your ideas are as good as you think they are you should have no trouble getting a server of 200+ pvpers.  

Ok, well... your opinion is appreciated? lol.

Edited by Propheteer

Heard a rumor that forum accounts were being made to vote on this poll. Kinda sad tbh :/ same old tactics used to sway the elevation map reset vote on epic.

Edited by Redd

Heard a rumor that forum accounts were being made to vote on this poll. Kinda sad tbh :/ same old tactics used to sway the elevation map reset vote on epic.

Edited by Propheteer

I'm guessing it came from someone in your own kingdom, sorry to hear you think that. I don't know of anyone personally that did it to yes, but i know someone personally who voted no on about 9 new forum accounts.

I'm still waiting on moderators to fix the poll so we can see who voted, but i can't complain either way as i just hope it gets to a /poll ingame.

As if 2 silver premium alts are hard to make. And obviously anyone can make tons of them to sway decisions like this. An ingame poll will not be fair as well, just see this thread and all those who are voting should probably reply here with their forum accounts. People's reply will tell us more rather than stupid alt voting. And as far as I have seen, many people have replied with a -1 and provided reasons for that. So can we close this thread now? its getting dusty...

As if 2 silver premium alts are hard to make. And obviously anyone can make tons of them to sway decisions like this. An ingame poll will not be fair as well, just see this thread and all those who are voting should probably reply here with their forum accounts. People's reply will tell us more rather than stupid alt voting. And as far as I have seen, many people have replied with a -1 and provided reasons for that. So can we close this thread now? its getting dusty...

Didn't know you can pay for premium with two silver, and i'm pretty sure there are more players than there are alts, could be wrong.

There are just as many unique +1s as there are -1s, if not more, and nearly all decisions are never made with 100% yes, sorry to burst your bubble.

Let the poll run its course and please stop trolling my thread, thank you.

Edited by Propheteer

I'm not sure we would shut down too many PvP servers / make the map too small. I think a lot of people kind of enjoy living somewhere that PvP is possible but they are a long distance from the action. Forcing them into tighter quarters with the major raiding groups is very likely going to lead to a lot of them rage quitting. I'd rather have those remote settlements that are raided infrequently out there than have a lower population but easy access to all settlements for raiding.

Merging elevation and chaos makes sense to me. Shutting down the home servers doesn't.

(Currently living on Elevation with no plans to return to the home servers)

Edited by Eldurian

Didn't know you can pay for premium with two silver, and i'm pretty sure there are more players than there are alts, could be wrong.

There are just as many unique +1s as there are -1s, if not more, and nearly all decisions are never made with 100% yes, sorry to burst your bubble.

Let the poll run its course and please stop trolling my thread, thank you.

• Didn't know you can pay for premium with two silver, and i'm pretty sure there are more players than there are alts, could be wrong.

-> Yes, you buy premium for 10 silver > sell referral for 6 silver > you also get 2 silver for buying first time premium > so basically 10-8=2, for 2 silver you have a one month premium new toon.

• There are just as many unique +1s as there are -1s, if not more, and nearly all decisions are never made with 100% yes, sorry to burst your bubble.

-> Wrong, the comments on the thread with -1 are far more than +1 and here is the proof lil prophy

(i didn't even count Gaul or blackdeathdragon in the -1 list or anyone else even closely related to me because if i did you would cry a lot.)

+1 people:
Banzai, asdf, Propheteer,Huntar,Cornchips,noermel,bloodmaster,Egard,Carmichael,Olloch,Drastox,
hemrzz,Quicktor,Josh,Karellean,Stik,MisterTeddy,Entendu,Mauros,Odynn,ownerpure5,necroe,
revengo,Cayce,FireHeart,Nahjo,DOE,notre,Zekezor,Morrowen,IloveWurm,Omar,Nappy

-1 people:
ironbotnik8,redd,Rakki,Wulfgarr,JockII,tgod,Pashka,Lundu,Tuga,Erinyesthegreat,Meep,
Hashirama,Jukimo,Edge,JakeRivers,Vroomfondel,madnezz,Brunwulf,whykillme,MrGARY,Mayrin,
permo,_Teal_,Naio,Gildi,Mclovin,Puertorro,shankiest,Galatyn,Oats,Becket,Maximillian,
DropDeadFred,Taltos,Herrfritz,Theplexx,SmeJack,raphvw,Namekat,Pidgeoni,Holeron,Trake,Druidnature,
LorenaMontana,Alden

If any of the names are left out please leme know on PM and I will correct the list.

• Let the poll run its course and please stop trolling my thread, thank you.

->So all the players who have posted in this thread so far are the actual players who have voted on the poll. I wouldn't consider the votes on the poll as fair estimate because anyone can make dozen forum alts and do the voting. So all the people who have posted here along with commenting have -1 as a majority on the poll. Hence you are wrong, -1 votes are more compared to +1 votes (in regards of commenting which is the fairest way to check).

Even if you add up the count of all the people who did -1 and +1, still the sum is not equal to the players who live on epic and who will be AFFECTED BECAUSE HEY THEIR CLUSTER WILL BE WIPED NA?

The fake poll is running it's course and I think the only fair estimate here is the people who are commenting ( i didn't count people like chaosferret2,changer who might be forum alts).

Now one thing I would like to point out is that Banzai did +1 three times so far, and if you consider that as 3 positive votes then I don't know what to say... Another thing is that people saying the same things over and over again like Banzai, Josh, etc. and yet you call me the person trolling or the one saying same stuff over and over again on this thread.

Anyways the summary of the thread can be seen from the list I provided. The amount of unique -1 votes are more than unique +1. That is all, you can close this thread now.

Edited by Hashirama
  • Like 2

con-there will be safe places to hide things unless i misunderstood the topic some

and what rules would there be?

will i have to cease bashing a fence thats still intact although decayed?

eh, it was still close, but not everyone felt a need to voice their opinion as to why they voted yes (they didn't really need to as i layed it out pretty thoroughly in the OP.)

we can wait for an ingame poll, and even then i don't think everyone will make a thorough statement on the forums, the current poll says pretty clearly the opinion of the people who voted.

Ill leave you to wallow about how irrelevance might strike a little bit too close to home in this scenario. (i can also see you are still trolling by continuing to try and provoke me/others. Seems really odd how you are trying to rush this poll, and if you can't, you are trying to get it locked. lol.)

con-there will be safe places to hide things unless i misunderstood the topic some

and what rules would there be?

will i have to cease bashing a fence thats still intact although decayed?

what?

There are already safe places to hide things on Epic, it's what a lot of people already do. Put it on a merchant on the homeserver.

No rules would be changed, and why would that fence matter?

Edited by Propheteer

-1 :(

I can appreciate the thought behind it, everyone wants a more concentrated population.

But I can't see any method of merging that doesn't leave one or another large swath of the population very angry.

This wont add any new players to Wurm, but it will definitely make some of them leave.

I would +1 this if we find a reasonable solution for the skillgain differences.

Say what you want, but its faster on epic for most skills if you know how to grind. (yes, all the way to 100).

Edited by whykillme

eh, it was still close, but not everyone felt a need to voice their opinion as to why they voted yes (they didn't really need to as i layed it out pretty thoroughly in the OP.)

we can wait for an ingame poll, and even then i don't think everyone will make a thorough statement on the forums, the current poll says pretty clearly the opinion of the people who voted.

Ill leave you to wallow about how irrelevance might strike a little bit too close to home in this scenario. (i can also see you are still trolling by continuing to try and provoke me/others. Seems really odd how you are trying to rush this poll, and if you can't, you are trying to get it locked. lol.)

The thing is, you emphasize on having a majority all the time. In this entire thread you have kept saying "+1 is in majority over -1" when actually its the opposite. And the moment you are showed the truth with proof, you concede to "not everyone is voting here/commenting here". You so badly want an in game poll about this that you are arguing with every person who is doing a -1. Just stop already.

And no one is provoking you or anyone else, people are just sharing their views about why they think this is a bad idea and your argument about it doesn't seem to end. You are arguing so much that people stop bothering anymore, and just because I am putting my points up front you are having trouble providing counter points and then you call me a troll. But honestly this type of suggestion will have big impact on my gameplay and that is why I will keep commenting with valid reasoning until this thread is closed for good just like you keep arguing to everyone until they shut up.

Yes some would quit but others would come back for the new fun, and players that enjoy pvp would more likely stay so it wouldn't be all bad.

My noob market prediction effects: I would guess some short term selling pressure in rares and a boost in drake/scale prices.

Pvpers are more buyers than sellers so net long term support to freedom prices.

Edited by Omar

lol nvm

yeah was just about to quote and say that you have a habit of speaking without thinking, and thinking before reading :)

• Like 1

yeah was just about to quote and say that you have a habit of speaking without thinking, and thinking before reading :)

This, proph in a nutshell.

• Like 1

[...And no one is provoking you or anyone else....]

hehe... i have seen your post(s) before you edit them :P:ph34r: 

You are arguing so much that people stop bothering anymore, and just because I am putting my points up front you are having trouble providing counter points and then you call me a troll. But honestly this type of suggestion will have big impact on my gameplay and that is why I will keep commenting with valid reasoning until this thread is closed for good just like you keep arguing to everyone until they shut up.

Serious question. What are your points? The only point I saw you make was you didn't like Proph and his group. And most of them are already on Chaos..

Edit:

Found 1

"and would just alienate the people who like playing on epic further."

Fair point that some players from Epic really won't like it.

Thats it?

Edited by Omar

The thing is, you emphasize on having a majority all the time. In this entire thread you have kept saying "+1 is in majority over -1" when actually its the opposite. And the moment you are showed the truth with proof, you concede to "not everyone is voting here/commenting here". You so badly want an in game poll about this that you are arguing with every person who is doing a -1. Just stop already.

And no one is provoking you or anyone else, people are just sharing their views about why they think this is a bad idea and your argument about it doesn't seem to end. You are arguing so much that people stop bothering anymore, and just because I am putting my points up front you are having trouble providing counter points and then you call me a troll. But honestly this type of suggestion will have big impact on my gameplay and that is why I will keep commenting with valid reasoning until this thread is closed for good just like you keep arguing to everyone until they shut up.

I do have a majority though, in what world is 152 less than 88? A lot of the +1's were also removed after you kept starting flame wars and people voiced their opinion while slinging insults (which most people, yourself included, cant seem to separate.) And yes, what is bad about a more accurate count of players for/against this change.

And yes, you had quite a few posts removed/hidden by quoting selectively and throwing in insults, and you still did it in the post prior to this one. It's also very evident you don't seem to comprehend the impact it would have on your gameplay considering your ONLY logical argument has been that you don't like me (and don't tell me that crossing over without skills is a logical reason why you shouldn't cross over with skills, that just sounds dumb.)

I also don't argue with anyone until they shut up, a lot of people post here with misconceptions that i try to correct to the best of my ability. If they change their mind, excellent, If they don't, thats great too.

This, proph in a nutshell.

I read at first, I started to type a post and then I decided writing up something to someone who quite literally can't even form a proper argument wasn't worth my time, but getting egged on is very persuading.

Isnt Nahjo and Zekesor the same guy? The original Zeke and Nahjo?

Dragonspawn is Nahjo. Dragonspawn owned Hexproof, but sold Hexproof to Josh. Zekezor has never sold Zekezor

Edited by Shrimpiie
Moderation Edit